GAME DAY - Round 3, 2017

Josh

This will be a big game and I am really interested to see which of our young guys stand up under "finals like" conditions. 

I am predicting Clayton Oliver will love it, Salem will go again and Tim smith and Christian petracca will arrive today 

• Like 2

We need to start solidly today.

The Roos wore them down...just not quite enough. The Dockers ..meh.

Will be ALL about the clearances.

Viney needs a better game. Bernie needs to be ON.

Smith could be anything. 

More comfortable knowing Goody has a style in place that also works at Etihad. Cats won't like it there anymore than we will.

Think Dees, by a couple.

A long tussle

Go US :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abe said:

This will be a big game and I am really interested to see which of our young guys stand up under "finals like" conditions. 

I am predicting Clayton Oliver will love it, Salem will go again and Tim smith and Christian petracca will arrive today 

10,000th post Abe. I hope you are right re Oliver Salem etc

• Like 1

Really excited about this game, happily will be sitting adjacent to the cheer squad with my boy, flying our flag

i reckon if our best 4 play like they did last week, and our quietest 4 lift (Melksham, Viney, Hannan, ANB) we'll do this (semi) comfortably. MFCSS can eff off

• Like 2

I don't know what to make of Geelong. I think they will be top 6, but at the same time I look at their side on paper, and it looks pretty ordinary outside of the usual guns.

I reckon this is a 50/50.

Last year we played a horrible match in round 19 against Gold Coast yet managed to eke out a win.  The following week we beat Hawthorn.

Winning is important, even if you win ugly like last Sunday.

• Like 9

I love the air of quiet confidence that many posters have going into this game (it's been a long time since we've seen that before a match against the Cats!).  For whatever reason, I've shared this confidence all week, and it's been reinforced by the decisions made around the selection table.  It's impossible to say that our lineup isn't weakened by the MRP 'lottery', but I love  the competitive look of our team today.  I really think we can win, and have the the football world start talking Melbourne in a serious vein.

• Like 2

I to have no idea what to expect and maybe part of that is due to playing at a ground that neither of us have as a home ground. Feels like we are on mutual territory. 

I guess the thing that worries me today is obviously danger and selwood and hawkins has a habit of getting hold of us. Tommy needs a big game on him today. 

It will be interesting to see how our forward line does go today. But I do like the inclusion of Kent. 

Wonder if the cats will go with the same tactics last week like they did against nth where they basically didn't nominate a ruckman and just let the nth guy do it on his own. 

Anyway it would be awesome to get another win today

Cats by 27.

i wanted to say us by 27, but the computer made me say Cats.

Go dees.

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

Just woke up and have a first class hangover. Bit of a rookie error when we've got very rough seas in front of us.

If this wind doesn't drop off I might be searching for a pub in Geraldton with Foxtel.

Freemasons Hotel or Railways Footy Club

2 hours ago, deanox said:

Also I think Hogan out is not necessarily a bad thing.  Last week we really struggled with our forward 50 entries.  So the change in players should make us think more about how we are approaching this.  A little less predictable may not be a bad thing, especially after coming off two wins. 

I share your view.

Lewis's suspension is super unhelpful though. We really need his experience in these games.

• Like 2

Arrived home yesterday morning after a couple of weeks o/s. Was wide awake at 2am this morning which gave me a chance to get up and watch (and delete) the recording of last week's win. Foxtel also had a the 2015 R12 game on at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night...happy days!

Could be sound asleep by half time.

Ed: Ken's Dream is the favourite at Caulfield (R6). I'm loading up.

Edited by Kumamoto_Ken
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

SWYL is confident of Victory later today

Fear Not Demons

It's good to see you referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

Biffen approves.

• Like 9

Just now, Kumamoto_Ken said:

Arrived home yesterday morning after a couple of weeks o/s. Was wide awake at 2am this morning which gave me a chance to get up and watch (and delete) the recording of last week's win. Foxtel also had a the 2015 R12 game on at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night...happy days!

Could be sound asleep by half time.

Don't worry, Ken.  Viney will have put Dangerfield to sleep by half time so you'll have some company.

The draw was 91/1 yesterday, I cant believe it was my tenner that brought it in a bit tighter. But thats just lotto.

Dees to win under 20 - $5.50.

Go Demons!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biffen said:

It's good to see you referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

Biffen approves.

well at least you guys aren't using the royal 'we'.

Am hoping Weid and  Bull can bring some sympatico to their game today :)

• Like 1

My wife the geelong supporter and two dee supporting sons are going

I let the cat out of the bag that the dees will win by plus 40

Dont spoil my day