PODCAST: Rd 18 vs Brisbane

Demonland

I'm sure you guys are snowed under in preparation for another epic podcast - just a reminder to do a quick shout-out for the AFLW fixture release and Melbourne's part in the season opener on Sep 1st. I know you're across it, but also that it's a packed agenda! Don't think there's been a H&A game with more to discuss than that one.

As always, love your work and go Dees.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Dees_In_October said:

I'm sure you guys are snowed under in preparation for another epic podcast - just a reminder to do a quick shout-out for the AFLW fixture release and Melbourne's part in the season opener on Sep 1st. I know you're across it, but also that it's a packed agenda! Don't think there's been a H&A game with more to discuss than that one.

As always, love your work and go Dees.

Not sure we'll get to this tonight but we will of course discuss the women's team closer to the start of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Not sure we'll get to this tonight but we will of course discuss the women's team closer to the start of the season.

No worries, not looking for an in-depth binman analysis, just a shout out. Can't rely on the AFL to advertise haha.

• Like 3

What a great way to start the weekend. The boys realy pulled one out of the box and setup a great run into finals. 

I hope they double down with JJ and try to entice him to stay.

Changes for next week i think will be Tomo in for Petty. 

Need to keep forward line as in for now get JVR and BBB working together and play each other into form.

Have fun on the poddy tonight boys and go Red Legs!!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

for the first 15 mins or so brisbane could not penetrate our zone, but once they 'worked it out' they sliced through with relative ease, until the final 15 mins

what changed?

IMHO the reason they couldn't get past us was that they didn't have the ball - we did. If you have the ball then the opposition can't score ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

q for @binman - what does he have against "holy grail"?!??

i take it he's more of a the jaws of life kinda fella over ghost nation, but surely human frailty is numero uno?

kiss my art his go-to for p&d?

Everyone knows the best Hunners song is Dog, then 42 Wheels.

I'm looking forward to @binman getting uber fired up again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Everyone knows the best Hunners song is Dog, then 42 Wheels.

I'm looking forward to @binman getting uber fired up again. 

"throw your arms around me" is their iconic standard, but i love that whole album

1986 was a helluva year for oztrayan rock, which as a then seven year old i only know in retrospect:

• the triffids - born sandy devotional AND in the pines
  • hunters & collectors - human frailty
  • the go-betweens - liberty belle...
  • crowded house - self-titled
  • nick and the bad seeds - your funeral my trial AND kicking against the [censored]
  • paul kelly and the coloured girls - gossip
  • died pretty - free dirt

arguably one of the greatest years for the local scene, i would wager

• Love 2

Your questions and comments form a large part of our podcast.

So thanks to theses posters this week that posted questions/comments.

@binman @deanox @Jibroni @OhMyDees @DemonWA @ElDiablo14 @Supreme_Demon @Skrull @Hoof Harted @von @DeeMee @pewpewpew @mandeelorian @Singa @Roo Beauty @Rivers Run Red @Nudge @Hawny for Gawny @Titus Totty @Roostwo @smurf @Bigfoot @demosaw @RedsoxMan @Nairobi_Demon @whatwhat say what @monoccular @Roost it far @layzie @Whispering_Jack @Deeoldfart @A F

Don't forget to leave us a 5 Star Review on Apple Podcasts and write a review and we'll read it out on the show.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Another great pod folks.  Informative and insightful.  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Your questions and comments form a large part of our podcast.

So thanks to theses posters this week that posted questions/comments.

@binman @deanox @Jibroni @OhMyDees @DemonWA @ElDiablo14 @Supreme_Demon @Skrull @Hoof Harted @von @DeeMee @pewpewpew @mandeelorian @Singa @Roo Beauty @Rivers Run Red @Nudge @Hawny for Gawny @Titus Totty @Roostwo @smurf @Bigfoot @demosaw @RedsoxMan @Nairobi_Demon @whatwhat say what @monoccular @Roost it far @layzie @Whispering_Jack @Deeoldfart @A F

Don't forget to leave us a 5 Star Review on Apple Podcasts and write a review and we'll read it out on the show.

Can we leave a review on Spotify or Google Podcasts?

6 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Can we leave a review on Spotify or Google Podcasts?

I think you can comment on individual episodes on Spotify but I can't see any review system and I don't think Google has one either but I have an iPhone so I'm unfamiliar with that platform.

40 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I think you can comment on individual episodes on Spotify but I can't see any review system and I don't think Google has one either but I have an iPhone so I'm unfamiliar with that platform.

There is definitely a review system on Spotify but only for the podcast not for individual episodes.

Btw, your current review score is 4.9 stars out of 5 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

There is definitely a review system on Spotify but only for the podcast not for individual episodes.

Btw, your current review score is 4.9 stars out of 5 👍🏻

Just saw that. Doesn't seem you can write a review just give a rating out of 5.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

I walk while listening to the podcast (on the following morning) and I’m happy for them to go as long as possible. Last week’s was a 19,253 step podcast. Thanks @Demonland 

Damn - we only needed 747 more steps to make it a nice round 20, 000 step podcast.

I blame myself - i forgot to highlight Whatley's ridiculous call as the siren went when he said with great fervor - "Melbourne rescue their season'.

Sheesh.

And what about the 'how did the Lions lose that game" narrative the media are pushing.

Coz the dees didn't have anything to do with it did they!

If it was the Pies reeling in 5 goal deficit it would have all been Daicos this, Pies that, never count them out this, have my baby Nick that blah blah blah.

• Clap 1

@Demonland and @binman on the pod there was discussion around why listing Grundy as omitted vs managed or soreness.

I am pretty sure that the CBA requires players to continue to receive match payments when they were in the team, but are unavailable for selection due to injury.

I would hazard a guess that this is part of the reasoning why clubs choose to manage players sometimes but omit other times.

Unsure if it applies here.

Edited by deanox
  • Thanks 2