GAMEDAY - Round 22

buck_nekkid

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

We're missing Hogan, Viney and Lever as well.  Evens it up a little.

Agreed but we have been finding ways not to win for decades Wise.  I've said it all year this year....no excuses.  Just get it done.  Other teams (even lowly ones like the Saints against us) do this at least once or twice during a season.

Edited by Rusty Nails

Just now, Rusty Nails said:

Agreed but we have bveen finding ways not to win for decades Wise.  I've said it all year this year....no excuses.  Just get it done.  Other teams (even lowly ones like the Saints against us) do this at least once or twice during a season.

Not looking for excuses mate, just that I think it cancels each other out.  Both sides are missing important players so we can't use it as an excuse and neither can they.

Very happy with our first half though and there is no reason why we can't kick on from here for a terrific win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Well Dazzle I said as much at selection spargo just too slow and not up to it but as usual I got howled down

Kent well what do you expect?

Not up to it after only 12 games?

Dont think so mate.. he'll be a bloody good player in years to come.

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Is it too much to ask for a 6 goal unanswered blitz by us in the 3rd? 

LOL yeah just watch the Wet toast deliver it !!

Travelling 

Just flicked on scores but due to lifelong lack of trust cannot allow myself to get excited ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to admit I was unconvinced about Vanders being in our best 22, now I am. He’s been very important. 

• Like 1

West Coast will be  discussing injecting something at half time.

• Haha 1

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Not up to it after only 12 games?

Dont think so mate.. he'll be a bloody good player in years to come.

We will revisit in a year or two Dazzle I have some doubts but …..??

I liked what I saw in the second half of that quarter. The turning of the tide was Gus's goal, but it was the lead up to that which impressed me. To me, whilst a coast to coast, play on at all costs gameplan is enjoyable to watch, it cannot be the only approach. By all means attack an empty F50 hard, but at times we need to do exactly what Sydney did to us. There will be plenty of time for run and carry during this game, just need to pull the trigger at the right time.

Maxy, Trac, Gus, Clarrie, VDB all good. Jonesy better than last week so far. Dom has been clean too. Happy with Frosty, he is becoming something.

Get up you good thing!!!

The same people who said we weren’t a chance before the game are complaining that we’re not further in front. Classic Demonland. 

IMo there’s plenty going right but clearly room to improve. Some critical misses late in the second (Petracca getting too close to the man on the mark was a shocker). But they really lifted in that quarter, they’re a huge second quarter side, and we didn’t just hold them but we won the quarter too. And one of their goals was the worst free kick you’ll ever see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Vanders has been fantastic so far.  Really didn;t think he'd be impacting at this level at AFL level so early coming back from such a long lay off.

The work rate, guts and footy smarts are still as good as 2 years ago.  The desire to succeed?  Maybe even better!

Happy so far.

There is more intelligence going forward which is good.

I'm also impressed with the Weed thus far. He seems to be clunking them thus far.

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

The same people who said we weren’t a chance before the game are complaining that we’re not further in front. Classic Demonland. 

IMo there’s plenty going right but clearly room to improve. Some critical misses late in the second (Petracca getting too close to the man on the mark was a shocker). But they really lifted in that quarter, they’re a huge second quarter side, and we didn’t just hold them but we won the quarter too. And one of their goals was the worst free kick you’ll ever see. 

We're going alright, we've given ourselves a chance. But now we have to step up to the plate and become men. Leap of faith time.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

EASYBEATS by Meggs

A beautiful sunny Friday afternoon, with a light breeze and a strong Windy Hill crowd set the scene, inviting one team to seize the day and take the important four points on offer. For the Demons it was not a good Friday, easily beaten by an all-time largest losing margin of 65 points.   Essendon threw themselves into action today, winning most of the contests and had three early goals with Daria Bannister on fire.  In contrast the Demons were dropping marks, hesitant in close and comm

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 2

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS by Meggs

Last Saturday’s crushing loss to Fremantle, after being three goals ahead at three quarter time, should be motivation enough to bounce back for this very winnable Round 5 clash at Windy Hill. A first-time venue for the Melbourne AFLW team, this should be a familiar suburban, windy, footy environment for the players.   Essendon were brave and competitive last week against ladder leader Adelaide at Sturt’s home ground. A familiar name, Maddison Gay, was the Bombers best player with

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 33

BLOW THE SIREN by Meggs

Fremantle hosted the Demons on a sunny 20-degree Saturdayafternoon winning the toss and electing to defend in the first quarter against the 3-goal breeze favouring the Parry Street end. There was method here, as this would give the comeback queens, the Dockers, last use of the breeze. The Melbourne Coach had promised an improved performance, and we did start better than previous weeks, winning the ball out of the middle, using the breeze advantage and connecting to the forwards. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

GETAWAY by Meggs

Calling all fit players. Expect every available Melbourne player to board the Virgin cross-continent flight to Perth for this Round 4 clash on Saturday afternoon at Fremantle Oval. It promises to be keenly contested, though Fremantle is the bookies clear favourite.  If we lose, finals could be remoter than Rottnest Island especially following on from the Dees 50-point dismantlement by North Melbourne last Sunday.  There are 8 remaining matches, over the next 7 weeks.  To Meggs’

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

DRUBBING by Meggs

With Casey Fields basking in sunshine, an enthusiastic throng of young Demons fans formed a guard of honour for the evergreen and much admired 75-gamer Paxy Paxman. As the home team ran out to play, Paxy’s banner promised that the Demons would bounce back from last week’s loss to Brisbane and reign supreme.   Disappointingly, the Kangaroos dominated the match to win by 50 points, but our Paxy certainly did her bit.  She was clearly our best player, sweeping well in defence.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 4

GARNER STRENGTH by Meggs

In keeping with our tough draw theme, Week 3 sees Melbourne take on flag favourites, North Melbourne, at Casey Fields this Sunday at 1:05pm.  The weather forecast looks dry, a coolish 14 degrees and will be characteristically gusty.  Remember when Casey Fields was considered our fortress?  The Demons have lost two of their past three matches at the Field of Dreams, so opposition teams commute down the Princes Highway with more optimism these days.  The Dees held the highe

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

ALLY’S FIELDS by Meggs

It was a sunny morning at Casey Fields, as Demon supporters young and old formed a guard of honour for fan favourite and 50-gamer Alyssa Bannan.  Banno’s banner stated the speedster was the ‘fastest 50 games’ by an AFLW player ever.   For Dees supporters, today was not our day and unfortunately not for Banno either. A couple of opportunities emerged for our number 6 but alas there was no sizzle.   Brisbane atoned for last week’s record loss to North Melbourne, comprehensively out

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

GOOD MORNING by Meggs

If you are driving or training it to Cranbourne on Saturday, don’t forget to set your alarm clock. The Melbourne Demons play the reigning premiers Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields this Saturday, with the bounce of the ball at 11:05am.  Yes, that’s AM.   The AFLW fixture shows deference to the AFL men’s finals games.  So, for the men it’s good afternoon and good evening and for the women it’s good morning.     The Lions were wounded last week by 44 points, their highest ever los

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 3

HORE ON FIRE by Meggs

The 40,000 seat $319 million redeveloped Kardinia Park Stadium was nowhere near capacity last night but the strong, noisy contingent of Melbourne supporters led by the DeeArmy journeyed to Geelong to witness a high-quality battle between two of the best teams in AFLW.   The Cats entered the arena to the blasting sounds of Zombie Nation and made a hot start kicking the first 2 goals. They brought tremendous forward half pressure, and our newly renovated defensive unit looked shaky.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 11
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!