The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

Is this your professional opinion?

Why rush Jack into kicking balls when you don't have to? Give the foot as much time to rest and repair as possible.

I would expect him to be kicking come New Years.

This would allow him 4 months of ball work to get himself ready for the season.

An additional 4 months (on top of the nearly 18 months) is plenty of time for him to be ready for competitive football.

If he wants to kick Picket Fences', I say, let him.

• Like 3

I must say I thoroughly approve of this thread. Jack Trengove is not only a fantastic bloke, and leader, he when fit, is a fabulous footballer. Just the sort the MFC should be hanging on to (although I understand if he has a long term injury why he would be put on the market)

JT in his first and second year showed he is a worthy pick 2, and we don't have many of those. His leadership is outstanding (I vividly remember in his first year when he through his vision and determination was personally responsible for us winning by a point in Darwin against PA, having sprinted half the ground to knock the ball through and score).

I really hope he makes it, because at his best, he will be in the first 6 picked in our next premiership team.

• Like 8

Are there many players who have had similar injuries whose comebacks can be compared with Trengove's? Each of the following had some sort of foot injury which might have been similar: Matthew Egan, James Hird, Colin Garland. Did they have the same initial problem? How does Jack's comeback trajectory compare?

Egan had the same injury. I don't know about the others. This of course is why I'm such a big advocate of taking things really slowly with him. It can so easily be a career-ending injury.

• Like 1

Are there many players who have had similar injuries whose comebacks can be compared with Trengove's? Each of the following had some sort of foot injury which might have been similar: Matthew Egan, James Hird, Colin Garland. Did they have the same initial problem? How does Jack's comeback trajectory compare?

Jimmy Bartell, Hird, Egan and Shaun Higgins all had navicular injuries. So as long as the medical team manages him properly we can look forward to seeing him at the G sometime next year........... I hope and pray.

• Like 1

this time last year he was sprinting and kicking because he had to try and pass a medical at Richmond, and the crows wanted one as well, this year we've locked him in and are in no rush, i'd rather see him not play til mid year and make it back then us take any risks with Jack, he's way to good to risk it.

• Like 3

this time last year he was sprinting and kicking because he had to try and pass a medical at Richmond, and the crows wanted one as well, this year we've locked him in and are in no rush, i'd rather see him not play til mid year and make it back then us take any risks with Jack, he's way to good to risk it.

Which begs several questions!

Was Melbourne aware that he would be subjected to this type of stringent test!?

Did they think that he would be a good chance to pass such a test?

If not, Why did they let him proceed??

Why , if there were any doubts about his ability to stand up would they allow such a test?

Were we trying "To pull the wool" over Richmonds eyes in the hope he would pass the test?

In view of his failed attempt to get to Richmond and the fact that this injury cost him a further year + And it must be said he still hasn't made it back I find it interesting that we would continue to support given

A We tried to offload him!

B) He wanted to go!

To me, something still doesn't quite add up??

I'll let posters here draw there own conclusions!!

Edited by picket fence

Did they think that he would be a good chance to pass such as test?

Why , if there were any doubts about his ability to stand up would they allow such a test?

Were we trying "To pull the wool" Over Richmonds eyes in the hope he would pass the test?

In view of his failed attempt to get to Richmond and the fact that this injury cost him a further year + And it must be said he still hasn't made it back I find it interesting that we would continue to support given

B) He wanted to go!

The moon landing was a hoax...

• Like 4

or C. We had too many on our list with question marks.....was a good time to move on him to get max value.

D. He supposedly could have been a part of a deal to get us Dangerfield. ( we got Brayshaw instead)

E. Our medicos studied their craft in uzbeckestan and were stunned by the machine the RIchmond doctors used ie scans

• Like 2

I'll definitely make the journey over from WA to watch him play in his first game back.

I doubt that it'll get the media focus like the Cousins return did but nevertheless it'll be a very special day that as many Demons as possible should get too.

You may not need to travel that far McQ. I'll go out on a limb here, and probably right off the end of the branch, and predict Jack returns to the seniors after fighting his way back into the side on Aug 13, vs PA at Adelaide.

That 'debut' will be followed by sister Jess running the womens Olympic marathon on Sun 14th in Rio, for which she has already qualified. What a weekend that would be. The only disappointment would be that it's not in front of a home crowd.

Were we trying "To pull the wool" over Richmonds eyes in the hope he would pass the test?

B) He wanted to go!

Calculated risk, Richmond wouldn't have requested the test, nor MFC allowed it had either side thought it'd re-injure his Navicular, or it'd already gone again.

imo we simply wanted Jake Lever, Richmond expressed an interest in Trengove, we knew there was a chance he may not make it back

even being generous and saying trenners was 30-70 to make it back, that'd become the tigers problem and we'd get a high quality player in with no injury history, it was a deal to good to be true.

I reckon it's as simple as, RIchmond made a great offer, we ran it by Trenners and he was happy to stay or go, he didn't pass the medical and we move on, clearly there is no bad blood, i'd argue Trenners is as invested in the MFC as anyone, the way he's handled himself this year, and helped Petracca along is a credit to himself and imo inspirational.

• Like 5

B) He wanted to go!

This just goes to prove there are still "tea partiest" crazies on this site. Where are you Tony Abbott?

Good thread to have, he was one of my favourites when after his second year, was absolutely gutted when he got this injury and then was revealed to have re-injured it. If he makes it out on the MCG everyone should be on their feet applauding him, such great tenacity from him. Still a long way to go and I am absolutely an advocate for us taking it slow with him.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2015, 8:29:52, picket fence said:

In view of his failed attempt to get to Richmond and the fact that this injury cost him a further year +  And it must be said he still hasn't made it back I find it interesting that we would continue to support given 
B) He wanted to go!

A few snags short of a BBQ?

On 12/1/2015, 6:22:46, Mach5 said:

John Meesen had a similar fracture. He was delisted and now plays for a $h1t team in the NT along with some other ex MFC losers.

Cool story. Did you have a point?

'MFC losers'. Suffice to say, we are all losers - players, administrators, supporters - given our win/loss ratio since the Melbourne V St Kilda game, mid 1965.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Roger Mellie's training thread last Friday:

".....Just a bit of shooting out handballs under pressure. He may or may not have been kicking shortly afterwards but I couldn't be 100% sure (lost in a sea of blue). All I can say is he moved well."

• Like 6