GAMEDAY - Round 15

Not sure if mentioned in other match related threads but I'm very much looking forward to Frost v Franklin. I think Frost will have Buddy's  measure and expose him going the other way, and yes I'm aware some of Frosts kicks are a little wayward but his kicking has improved.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jako13 said:

how many season defining victories must a team have before the season is actually defined......

I reckon our season has been defined. Competitive since the first game, and have gone up a gear in the last month. Notwithstanding our injuries, I'm confident for this game. That doesn't mean I think we're certainties, just that our best is good enough and I know they'll bring it.

This is the two form sides of the competition, battling it out at the G in prime time. Can't wait.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Not sure if mentioned in other match related threads but I'm very much looking forward to Frost v Franklin. I think Frost will have Buddy's  measure and expose him going the other way, and yes I'm aware some of Frosts kicks are a little wayward but his kicking has improved.

Same, Frosty has the tank and the wheels to be a match for Buddy, its only Buddy's footy craft and experience that will tell in this one. If Frost gets the jump on him early and frustrates him I reckon we will do well...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eelesie said:

Same, Frosty has the tank and the wheels to be a match for Buddy, its only Buddy's footy craft and experience that will tell in this one. If Frost gets the jump on him early and frustrates him I reckon we will do well...

And if buddy kicks a few goals on him he needn't worry. Omac will get the blame.

Edited by binman
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

The pressure will be on Buddy after last week...

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

It seems a little strange to be thinking in terms of GAMEDAY on a Friday morning when you're about to head off to work but it's real.

Game on ... tonight!

...and for the Todd Rundgren fans.

55 minutes ago, jako13 said:

how many season defining victories must a team have before the season is actually defined......

Last day in September will tell all.

I've been a big fan of Frost this year - and I believe a true reflection of his progress will be determined tonight playing on Buddy. I'm backing him to get the job done and keep him quiet.

We're far better clearance team, if our makeshift forward line can function again tonight I think we'll win, but it'll be close.

Melbourne less than a goal

• Like 2

Just now, JTR said:

Season will be un-defined if we get absolutely pumped.

Trying desperately to shake the MFCSS, but it's hard....   :-/

People like you are exhausting to be around

• Like 1

It's going to be a long day waiting for this game.  Pretty pumped and excited to see how we go on the big stage, and even with the injuries I'm positive we will give a great account of ourselves regardless of if we win, lose or draw.

One lock tonight - Viney and Oliver to both get 30 touches for the game and lead the charge from the midfield!

• Like 2

Ladder position aside it is a huge, huge game for the club and sponsors as it is the first Friday night game we have hosted in 5 years! 

Put in a great performance and we have a better chance of more Friday night games next year and the subsequent benefits for membership, sponsors and merchandising.

Of all games to have our big name draw cards out its a shame it is this one as it means attendance and TV audiences won't be maximised. 

The AFL and TV executives will be watching so the team must put in a competitive, 4 quarter effort and hopefully win (or not lose by much). 

Looking forward to tonight's game,and although I love a close game when we win,that Collingwood game 3 weeks ago and again last week,has drained me.I feel like I should be omitted for mental fatigue,however i figure if I start drinking shortly,I just may be able to cope when tonight comes.Self employed and can't get of my backside to do anything today because of anticipation of the game tonight.I might ring myself and call in sick.

Go Dee's.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, doc roet said:

Looking forward to tonight's game,and although I love a close game when we win,that Collingwood game 3 weeks ago and again last week,has drained me.I feel like I should be omitted for mental fatigue,however i figure if I start drinking shortly,I just may be able to cope when tonight comes.Self employed and can't get of my backside to do anything today because of anticipation of the game tonight.I might ring myself and call in sick.

Go Dee's.

Wouldn't mind a week off - a 10 goal win would be lovely.

• Like 3