GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs Yartapuulti

Demonland

Wow not sure why everyone is piling in on May, he’s our leading possession getter and the ball is coming in hot every time. Reckon he’s been one of our best.

Our midfield though has stunk it up badly! We are leading hit outs 20 to 8. Take the midfield out of it by belting it forward occasionally to stop them sharking it off us at every single bounce.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again.

Why are we so putrid in clearances??

• Like 8

What an insipid half of football. Absolute joke. Couldn't give a toss about the score, we are 5 goals down as far as I'm concerned. Our midfield couldn't be waving white flags any harder than they are right now.

The metrics stink. Port have 10 marks I50, 18-10 clearances. One mark between Grundy, Gawn and Lever. 78-68 contested ball pretty much every stat we pride ourself on we are getting belted and it's embarrassing. 

We would need to literally be a different team to turn this around because we've been total horse manure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SPC said:

Max needs to show some leadership. Getting some treatment, but needs to work his way through it 

Max needs to show some aggression and throw his weight around. We’ve become too nice as a team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Viney 5 touches to half time, 2 tackles. Has been good this year. Can't get near it today, knee looks sore

3 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Would love for someone to stand up for Max. Butters, and just about every other port player, bumps into him at every opportunity. Hell even a 4 gamer in Lord had the nerve to put a dirty elbow into his back. Stand up for your captain ffs.

The only person that's always willing to stand up for a teammate this year is Brodie Grundy. 

Rest of our teammates are seriously soft when it comes to this stuff.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Fumbling, stumbling, bumbling and so far utterly humbling. But at least, thanks to Port missing a few chances, we're still hanging on by the skin of our teeth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

They are getting stuck into Gawn again. Someone fly the flag and help out the captain ffs. 

You didn't notice Viney hitting a few of their mids hard? Nearly took Boak out of the game

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

If this midfield group doesn’t get their head ripped off at half time by the coaches, for this lifeless, soft, insipid performance, then I’m not sure when they will. 

They won’t. Goody will just that’s not us after the game, we’ll belt the lower teams and fold against hungry oppo like tonight. Rinse and repeat. 

I’m sorry Gawn is a big boy, how about him pushing his weight around?

FFS if Port can do it surely with all our bulls, we can do it to some of their players? Butters is about 80kgs and he’s killing us, why aren’t our boys roughing him up?

Man up Gawny and the rest of the underperforming clowns 🤡 

• Like 1

May has actually been pretty good.

Centre clearances are the most important thing in the game these days with the 6-6-6 and forward half game. Our coaches have spent no time on it this year because we’ve been [censored] all year and we haven’t looked to improve it.

• Like 4

Trying to think what is actually wrong. Main three things - 

Clearances. 

Marks inside 50.

Ground ball.

But I reckon these are symptoms of a greater issue. Ball hunting intensity seems to be stone cold for most players.

Not sure what is going on for Trac, Kozzie, Max, Viney, (and others) but when the ball hits the ground it looks like they are waiting to grab a Port player rather than attacking the ball. I know we score well from turonvers but is this taking it a bit too far.

I actually think TMac is doing a power of work and not being rewarded, but Spargo, JVR and ANB are like headless chooks. Chandler and Fritsch are at least having a go.

And can Clarry and Hunter please stop taking the tackle and handballing to nothing. Port are feeding off this and running away with it.

3 minutes ago, —coach— said:

Wow not sure why everyone is piling in on May, he’s our leading possession getter and the ball is coming in hot every time. Reckon he’s been one of our best.

Kickouts count as disposals, so his numbers are always inflated. He’s had enough kick out freebies given how many behinds they’ve kicked! Mays been poor this year. Hoping it’s a fitness thing due to his early season injury and not the beginning of the end now he’s the wrong side of 30.

Edited by Lord Travis

Just now, Stiff Arm said:

You didn't notice Viney hitting a few of their mids hard? Nearly took Boak out of the game

I’m talking about the off the ball treatment bud. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Yeah but what is he doing with his possessions? I could kick it out to nobody or handball it over my head 

Yeah but u were a star a legend in ur own lifetime what have U ever done?¿?

we have one of the best ruck and mid field combinations, but we are losing the clearances by a mile again. may be put viney in the ruck and let gawn rove he at least has long arms so may actually be able to grab one of the buggers.  When we have the ball they man up on us, no easy kicks, when they have the ball we zone off allowing them free players and easy kicks everywhere. we are counting on them kicking badly so that we can get the rebound when they kick to position as port are doing so well it just ends up with them having another shot.  We are not out of it thanks to ports poor shooting for goal and fritters clean kicking, the main positive is that we have a fair amount of the team playing badly we only need them to lift a bit to turn this around.

• Thanks 1

Put Gawn at FF. Grundy to ruck. Gawn is totally ineffective and being targeted. 
Kosi into the middle. Gus out of the midfield. 
And for the love of god, get your hands on the footy Trac and Oliver. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

What an insipid half of football. Absolute joke. Couldn't give a toss about the score, we are 5 goals down as far as I'm concerned. Our midfield couldn't be waving white flags any harder than they are right now.

The metrics stink. Port have 10 marks I50, 18-10 clearances. One mark between Grundy, Gawn and Lever. 78-68 contested ball pretty much every stat we pride ourself on we are getting belted and it's embarrassing. 

We would need to literally be a different team to turn this around because we've been total horse manure.

True we couldn't play much worse and Port have been fantastic. Yet it's only 2 goals the difference.

God I hate listening to Ricchiuto….. has absolutely nothing to say and everything he says belong back in the 80’s. Goose of the highest order. 

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 526

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 486

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 959

MELBOURNE BUSINESS by The Oracle

In days of old, this week’s Thursday night AFL match up between the Demons and the Blues would be framed on the basis of the need to redress the fact that Carlton “stole” last year’s semi final away from Melbourne and with it, their hopes for the premiership.  A hot gospelling coach might point out to his charges that they were the better team on the night in all facets and that poor kicking for goal and a couple of lapses at the death cost them what was rightfully theirs. Moreover, now was

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 10

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 10 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 10

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 18

• Match Preview      

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a danger game awaits ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 16

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The boys dissected the agonisingly disappointing 1 point loss to Carlton lamenting giving the Blues a 6 goal head start and praising Trac for almost single handedly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 13

• Casey Report      

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 12

• Match Report      

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 10

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Training  

Monday, 29th April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin was on hand at Gosch's Paddock for Monday's training session and made the following observations ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 29

• Next Match 

Round 10

vs   

Sunday 19th May 2024
    @ 06:20pm (OS)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics