• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Dry season for trade rumours. Only perhaps Ben Mckay to bombers. Can’t think of anything else with any degree of substance.   

Agree. It feels like there’s going to be very little movement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

Parish to Geelong

If that’s the case, makes the signing of  Ben McKay very interesting. Bombers looking at good compo for Parish if he goes. Signing McKay as a FA would dilute that compo, they may be best served by trading for McKay. 

• Like 4

On 8/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, Bang Bang Bang said:

This was the original plan I believe. But the problem is that Gawn has no forward craft and is not a good converter. 
A lot of skeptics felt the combo wouldn’t work and to Goody’s credit, he swallowed his pride and abandoned it as soon as he realized it was a bust. 

Gawn will play for 2-3 more years which is way too long for Grundy to wait. Grundy will seek a trade and we’ll oblige. Maybe a second round pick comes our way. It happens. No hard feelings and move on IMO. 

Yeah, didn't he kick 5 vs Jeelong though??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turner said:

ladhams would be a pretty good number 2, would be serviceball if required but happy to be number 2

Ladhams is an almighty spud (known unaffectionately to swans fans as “the peanut”). He’s 26 next season and yet to show anything at AFL level. Completely ineffective around the ground, in the ruck, and is as stupid as they come with fake tough guy stuff. My swans supporting mates all sink in shame when he’s named and would rather play without a ruckman than have that dumb spud run around in their jumper. I’d be devastated if we traded away Grundy only to bring Ladhams.

We’ve for currency to try and shake loose a gun tall forward like Harry McKay or Ben King again. May as well have a crack while we can and if it doesn’t work out then we just take the good picks to draft.

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Dry season for trade rumours. Only perhaps Ben Mckay to bombers. Can’t think of anything else with any degree of substance.   

Have a good think about it before you sign that contract Ben!

Fire Elmo GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Turner said:

ladhams would be a pretty good number 2, would be serviceball if required but happy to be number 2

dyl stpehens is a HB and we seem super settled there with young players

Ladhams is hopeless I really hope he isn't ever considered for the MFC

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:09 PM, Lord Travis said:

Reportedly asking for 800k. For that price good luck to him literally anywhere except in red and blue. 

That’s a false narrative and is solely aimed at NM compensation pick being first rnd if over $800k so bombers will go or that to benefit Roos and manipulate system so that they get Pick 2 now, let’s hope AFL see thru it but unlikely it seems. Deal will then be renegotiated at the real rate ($630k-ish) Ala Daniher deal!!!

• Shocked 1

13 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

Still a possibility that North beat Suns in Tassie.

Roos coaches will assure that ain’t happening, own benefit is GC jumping Freo I guess but boy I rkn odds of NM winning are $30-1

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nudge said:

That’s a false narrative and is solely aimed at NM compensation pick being first rnd if over $800k so bombers will go or that to benefit Roos and manipulate system so that they get Pick 2 now, let’s hope AFL see thru it but unlikely it seems. Deal will then be renegotiated at the real rate ($630k-ish) Ala Daniher deal!!!

this

plus peptides will also match and trade parish, i suspect, if he elects to go to the puddy tatts - there's no way that they can sign mckay as a free agent (triggering the high end compo of pick 2 is guaranteed, it would seem) and let parish walk as a free agent 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Travis said:

Ladhams is an almighty spud (known unaffectionately to swans fans as “the peanut”). He’s 26 next season and yet to show anything at AFL level. Completely ineffective around the ground, in the ruck, and is as stupid as they come with fake tough guy stuff. My swans supporting mates all sink in shame when he’s named and would rather play without a ruckman than have that dumb spud run around in their jumper. I’d be devastated if we traded away Grundy only to bring Ladhams.

We’ve for currency to try and shake loose a gun tall forward like Harry McKay or Ben King again. May as well have a crack while we can and if it doesn’t work out then we just take the good picks to draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/sydney-swans/afl-news-2022-peter-ladhams-suspended-video-bump-during-casey-demons-vs-sydney-swans-vfl-final/news-story/6d074e56be8facd2fa204687c2bf62bf

Can't forget this dog act against young Woey 2.0 last year

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dee-tox said:

If we're looking for ruck backups, GWS are the ones. Flynn and Preuss could both be cheap.

We need to make a pitch to someone who still sees themselves as still developing as ruckman, so that counts out Preuss. Flynn would be the one I'd target from GWS. 

The Hawks also have 4 ruckmen on their list who are all under 25. They also have Koschitzke and Brandon Ryan who could be developed into forward/rucks.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 9:29 AM, Travy14 said:

Has been cleared up, we would not be paying any part of his contract.  unless it was on top of what Collingwood are paying.  Nothing changes for Collingwood they have agreed to pay X amount over X years, they have to stick to that.

John Ralph reported this weeks ago on "on the couch"

I heard different ages ago (from DL poster) that if Grundy moves on from the Dees the Pies are off the hook

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Wright must know, he has spat the dummy already.

• Like 1

Melbourne has reportedly kicked off conversations with other clubs surrounding a Brodie Grundy trade.

Grundy’s future has been a hot topic after falling out of favour in Simon Goodwin’s side last month despite only crossing to Melbourne this year following his trade from Collingwood.

It comes with the 29-year old’s ruck partnership with Max Gawn failing to maximise both players’ strengths — and the Demons going 5-0 when Gawn is the No. 1 ruck compared to 10-7 alongside Grundy.

FULL STORY HERE

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-brodie-grundy-future-suitors-landing-spots-sydney-swans-port-adelaide-power-geelong-cats-deven-robertson-west-coast-eagles-offer/news-story/f6a9aa3c736215ddd0ef6aa871a5cbd5

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Article also mentions west coast putting a 4 year deal to Deven Robertson. Not an immediate need for us but we were keen in his draft year and would have played state league footy with Rivers.

If i'm west coast i'd also take Beast mode mathieson from the lions. a UFA mature body at 26yo who is capable at AFL level and has done the hard yards in the 2s so would come on a modest deal but the perfect option to protect youngsters and throw his weight around until the kids are ready. Also in a good age bracket below Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Kelly so as they move on or are injured they aren't completely exposed in the guts. Similar vane to the Hunt pick up

• Like 1
  • Vomit 2

well… he’s contracted so the deal has to suit Melbourne. We won’t screw another club and for sure we will be fair to Grundy too, it’s our way as a club, but it has to be fair for us too. No club who genuinely wanted him would come with a [censored] deal. I’d say it’s a pick 20-27 and no contribution to salary. 

• Like 3

If he wants to stay in Vic then it seems Geelong is his only suitor. They only have pick 8 this year with their later picks currently in the 80s.

Might only be looking at future 2nd from them, however I wonder if they would be enticed with a slide of picks.

Grundy, 15 and 34 for pick 8 and future 2nd.

That gets us a second top 10 pick and extra capital for the future while Geelong get Grundy and add an earlier 2nd pick this year.

Conversely, I wonder if North would be interested. We might be able to get the Ben McKay compensation presumably end of first round.

Port only have 37 and 43 this year while Sydney have picks 22, 31, 41 and 50.

If he chooses Sydney then we may benefit from adding one of their picks to a deal with Gold Coast for their 1st rounder. Sydney being one of our direct competitors for that selection with their draft hand.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nascent said:

If he wants to stay in Vic then it seem Geelong is his only suitor. They only have pick 8 this year with their later picks currently in the 80s.

Might only be looking at future 2nd from them, however I wonder if they would be enticed with slide of picks.

Grundy, 15 and 34 for pick 8 and future 2nd.

That gets us a second top 10 pick and extra capital for the future while Geelong get Grundy and add an earlier 2nd pick this year.

Conversely, I wonder if North would be interested. We might be able to get the Ben McKay compensation presumably end of first round.

Port only have 37 and 43 this year while Sydney have picks 22, 31, 41 and 50.

If he chooses Sydney then we may benefit from adding one of their picks to a deal with Gold Coast for their 1st rounder. Sydney being one of our direct competitors for that selection with their draft hand.

We only paid pick 27 so anything around 25-32 is fair. You could argue that his value decreased in 2023 but not by much.

I wonder if we could throw in say $200k (once off not per year) and get pick 22 out of Sydney

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1