• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

Demonland

Also just in advance, can we also have a moratorium on being told to ‘lighten up’ or ‘we’re 9-1 you’d think someone died round here’ or any other cool thing that some freedom fighter wants to say? Most of us will see the light eventually but give us 1 hr at least.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Feel like that's been a few weeks in the making. Our pressure and sharpness has waned since the Richmond game. Hoping the team regroups and brings it next week or we'll undo a lot of the good work done to date.

Salem out was a huge loss. Jetta in didn't really work. Too many players quiet. Oh for a Viney return!!! Must say I wouldn't mind seeing BBB in the fwd line next week for some tall presence. Did melksham return after foot issue with about 7 mins to go?

On a positive note we can and often do play a lot better than tonight. Adelaide rode the crowd and biased umpiring with fearlessness. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

I know we could have played better but that whistlw blew straight away when Max was tackoed. Seconds later a crows supporters disposes incorrectly...no whistle...mark and goal.

But the icing on the cake was to not call that punch over the line not deliberate. No player there.

They have been on that ALL YEAR FOR MUCH MUCH LESS.

As soon as it can impact a crows game they change their minds.

Come on.

Really.

If thats not bias umpiring there never has been.

I really hope Melbourne enquires it. Goodwin never does. He just has the view of “swings and roundabouts” but that non decision was clearly influenced by the crowd.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

It’s simple. They controlled the corridor.

They went man on man and disallowed our game.

They slaughtered us in uncontested possessions for big parts.

We fumbled and dropped easy marks all game.

We bombed it long into the f50 most of the night. 

Jetta was a liability all game. Falls over more than a baby learning to walk.

Gawn whilst better still made a lot of mistakes and is still well out of form.

When we got 16 points up we tried to save the game and went long down the line, never looking for shorter options or switching.

We didn’t try to isolate Tmac or say Fritsch and keep the f50 open. 

The doggies will love how easily we are giving up the uncontested possessions. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Unfortunately we gave them a look in from 16 points up late and they got their tails up. Shouldn’t be losing from that position, we fumbled a lot and they didn’t when it mattered.

Regroup and let’s see how we bounce back from a disappointing loss.

• Like 3

Great game but very disheartening loss. 

How we react against the Dogs is absolutely key. They will have seen the Crows take the game on, and will have had their spirits buoyed by that.

Clarry and Tracc were magnificent, but there was too much showtime rubbish for my liking.

I’d put Brown in next week as well. The inability of our talls to clunk a mark was telling. If not, and they are going to give Weed a run at it, he should get 1 more game. If we see nothing beyond that, I’m not sure he’ll ever become the forward we want him to be. We’re six years in and he’s still not one grab marking, or kicking 2-3 goals on a consistent basis. That’s worrying....

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

3 minutes ago, ding said:

That loss has been a few weeks in the making IMHO.

Agree @ding. We haven’t been playing all that well the past month.

A lot of passengers today. 

Im also just about done with Weid, has next to no presence. Wrong call by the coaching group to dump Brown and keep Sam in the team. Pies can have him afaic. Soft.

Someone put some concrete into Fritsch so he can harden the [censored] up.

Most of the players were just so lazy with their disposal and attitude. Hopefully they get a rocket in the rooms and get fired up for next week.

Next 2 games will tell us a lot about where we are at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

We had a lot of chances going forward and didn't take them, so we shouldn't have given the opportunity for those late decisions to matter.

We played badly and they played well. Sometimes that happens. We missed Salem's presence behind the ball quite a lot.

We missed Salem by the length of the Flemington straight.   At least 20 less disposals from Jetta and all that drive from half back.  I'm not blaming Jetta in any way but Salem was a huge out

• Like 3

All credit to the Crows. They were fantastic this evening. They showed an awful lot of heart. No fear. Took the game on. I think we need to acknowledge that this win was just as much about them as it was us.

We were off. It happens. We just needed one other to give Clarry a dig out. Our defence have gotten us out of some holes this season but today the defence wasn’t there. May not his usual self. Lever off. Hunt struggling. Hibbo uncharacteristically poor.

Losing Salem had a huge impact. His calm and poise were badly missed

Fumbles everywhere.

The midfield is where our real problems lie. Trac not quite at it, Harmes quiet, Maxy out of form. No cohesion at the moment

Dogga I thought played well. His ruck work is very good

It’s all about the response now. I expect to see a full blooded effort against the Dogs next week.

Let’s re-group and go again.

Go Dees

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We did ok. Really tough game to play against Adelaide at home when the umps are up and about. Good solid game. We will learn a bit. Max was off, Lever was good but not himself. Oliver huge. Plenty to like. Brown will come in and Viney would’ve been good tonight. Jordan probably earned a break and a freshen up. Good effort by the lads under the circumstances.

• Like 1

A murder of crows + need to get out of town crowd +  (umpires no idea?) = ambush

16 points up with red time left you can’t give zombies oxygen they will come back to bite you.

Expect a  tsunami like meltdown on DL! 

Edited by Tarax Club

4 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

had to win that for top 4  no way now  will finish 7th or 8th  Too many passengers tonight and too many mistakes  [censored] I am angry

So you think we will win 4 of the last 12? That’s the only way we might finish 8th mate.

We had a bad game and looked tired. At the start of the year I would have put my house on us not being 9-1...we are in a very good position 

• Like 1

Inconsistent umpiring but we were 3 goals up with 7min to play.   

Lever running 30 metres off Fogarty to kill a contest he didnt need to be in, ended up Fogarty goals. He really doesnt give a shizzle about his man sometimes.

May outpointed one on one. Tex is a good player but he'll be disappointed.   Overall the backline didnt play well and it cost us. 

Just goes to show how important Salem is for us. Either with that correct first kick or handpass out of 50 to hit a target (hibberd not as silky) and keeping his feet (jetta?!?!).  

Weiderman is a good kid, but Ben Brown consistently milks free kicks so will always be a better offensive option, especially late in games. 

Still, that was as deliberate as it gets and a draw at worst was the right outcome.  Maybe a bit of extra hunger for next week so not all bad. 

Well we are not the first team to be beaten this year by a blatant umpiring error at the death.  Now I suppose all we have to look forward to, is a pathetic acknowledgement from the AFL that the maggot got it wrong on this occasion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Umpiring was appalling 

Blatant HtB

Blatant deliberate 

Neither paid due to noise of affirmation 

We got a few our way as well can't really complain about the umps.

Missed Salem big time, needed a cool head to slow things down and no one wanted to take it on themselves to do it

Clarry and Petracca were huge just couldn't get us over the line.

TMac, Weid, Fritsch all pretty quiet.

Move on to the Doggies.

• Like 2

We have lost 1 game by 1 point. 2 ordinary umpiring decisions didn't cost us, we were 16 points up. Gave em a sniff and left too much hard work to to few. Better pick up our act fot the Dogs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deeoldfart said:

Well we are not the first team to be beaten this year by a blatant umpiring error at the death.  Now I suppose all we have to look forward to, is a pathetic acknowledgement from the AFL that the maggot got it wrong on this occasion.

I bet we won’t. 

Just now, Deestinga2 said:

We have lost 1 game by 1 point. 2 ordinary umpiring decisions didn't cost us, we were 16 points up. Gave em a sniff and left too much hard work to to few. Better pick up our act fot the Dogs.

And I'm guessing this would have hurt more than if we had won and lost the same way next week. 

• Like 1