• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Brisbane

Demonland

They missed a few goals as well. Impact were crap for both teams - I thought we had a good run in the last quarter.

Even Gerard Healy, who apparently hates us according to this site thinks we are that close to a top team. 

we are still deep in this season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

He stuffed around with it to make sure we could get set up behind the ball, but yes, he went a step too far and it hurt us in that situation.

This was the most frustrating thing for me all night (apart from the maggots).

We lose possession with 90 seconds to go and then don't man up. It's such a fundamental thing to do and we just let them pass it around. Why are we so daft?

P.s. Viney carried us most of the night and gave us the chance to win the game I reckon.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Season probably over now. Did it ever really start for us?

Time to see if Weid can take us anywhere.

Some decent signs but so many teams have passed us by.

A tad dramatic. We have Port, North and Adelaide up next and a spare game v Essendon who look to be struggling. On tonight's form I reckon that's 4 wins which would make us 7-4. Hardly a disaster.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Here's a question. Why does the Lever score review need to stop play? Why can't the ARC review it behind the scenes and if it turns out it was a behind, then bring it back.

The goal umpire should have called it a mark from the start. The score review system is making goal umpires second guess themselves.

The goal umpire called it a mark. We were 100 metres away with the ball and players running. The field umpire ran in and forced the review. Disgusting game by the umpires. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Really poor from Hannan, Brayshaw, Harmes, Bennel, Kozzie and Weed for his kicking. Can’t win carrying so many.

Brayshaw is a mile off it at the moment. At one point Viney looked at him for a handpass and decided to go it alone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

He stuffed around with it to make sure we could get set up behind the ball, but yes, he went a step too far and it hurt us in that situation.

7 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

Fritta should be dropped for that 50, inexcusable. 

Players in all teams are coached to faff around and waste time, because the coaches know the umps are directionless and susceptible and useless.

One in 20, the umps will call it according to the actual rules. It's well worth the gamble. We lost the raffle.

4 minutes ago, Tom Dyson said:

If they’re gonna call that one against Fritsch then pay the four previous ones where Brisbane held it up, they have gotta be consistent.

Consistent? (Light laughter.) Watch snooker if you want consistency. Or any other sport, really. But not AFL football.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Calm down Dazzle, Weid 3 misses, Bennell 2 misses, one 10 metres out, Kozzie, Harmes and Landon all straight in front. Kick one of them and we win. 

Fritta was good all night but still not enough peeps use the term spanner these days.

As for the umps tonite.....wouldnt know a monkeys wrench from a monkeys ars#.

Such a Melbourne loss.  So many ways we could have won, but just couldn’t.  The misses were so costly, but they missed several as well.  I liked the fact that we didnt give up, we reset at the contest where we were being smashed.  Viney willed us forward, what a legend!  Outplayed by a very good team, there was a small window to pinch it but.. MFCSS...

• Like 2

Lol. I spent the whole day waiting for footy and got too drunk and fell asleep just before first bounce only to wake up with one minute left on the clock. Who wants to explain the game to me in one hundred words or less?

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

It's Curtains if we don't beat the Power Thurs night.

Went missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

We had a crack but when it counted we shivered in front of goal.

Melk has ice running through his veins, clinical tonight.

Viney massive along with Salem.

its curtains already. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

When are we going to work out a way to get some value out of Gawn winning the hit outs?  It got to the stage in last quarter where we should have tried something different - eg put Jackson in and max up forward 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brayshaws 2018 form is the only thing keeping him in the side at the moment. 

I'd much rather Alex Neal-Bullen. at least he has a crack. 

really think we missed Tom mcDonald today.

Thought the boys played an excellent last quarter and nearly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Three goals down at 3 qtr time, we looked top 4?in the last quarter and will give the guys a lot of belief going forward. Agree with others re a bit of polish overall and umpiring which is destroying the game overall.

3 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

He’s young and has time, but he’s definitely being overhyped. This was his output at underage level - looked flashy and exciting, but ultimately had low output. It’s why I wasn’t keen on him at such as high pick. He looks exactly the same at afl level, flashy but contributes little. Hopefully he learns to get to better crumbing positions, as he missed opportunities to crumb 3-4 goals due to flying when he shouldn’t have or being in the complete wrong position.

Jackson on the other hand is getting to the right spots and with more strength could become a weapon. Really pleased with his development so quickly for a tall guy.

Our mids got a touch up through quarters 2-3, but ruck the umpires cost us the match at the end. Absolutely corrupt [censored]. The club should stand up and demand a please explain. 

Also, why does Clarry not get more free kicks? He’s held at nearly every stoppage but never gets a free kick when warranted.

He often stands on the wrong spots from what I can see from TV.  Brizzie much smarter when crumbling tonight around contest/packs.  He should go back and watch the tape (Actually all the mid's should). He needs a highly skilled mentor but he has the goods.

6 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Lol. I spent the whole day waiting for footy and got too drunk and fell asleep just before first bounce only to wake up with one minute left on the clock. Who wants to explain the game to me in one hundred words or less?

Usual.

17 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

You’re kidding aren’t you? That review call didn’t need to happen it was never going to impact the result.  A [censored] disgrace 

So that doesnt get reviewed we win? We still had to kick a goal which we had struggled for that aspect all night.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Those last few minutes, the umpires did everything but kick the ball themselves to prevent us from scoring again.  Inexcusable. 

Watch Hannah's last kick to Fritter in the pocket. THREE Brisbane players easily within 5m of Hannan. Why no 50m for that????

20200726_210147.jpg

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Game of missed opportunities, about 5 gimme goals missed

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm shattered.  I'm worn out too, but shattered more than anything.

I felt like we deserved to win that game.  Apart from the second term where Brisbane played some scintillating footy, I thought we were the better side for most of the night.  I thought after half time our midfielders lifted superbly and our back line was absolutely fantastic.  They kept us in the game when we really needed it.

Viney was immense.  His ability to get out of traffic but weaving and fending off tacklers is sensational.  Oliver had another ripper game while Trac was fantastic yet again.  They are making a real difference for us.

Again, our back line was excellent.  They are setting up really well down there.  Cameron kicked a couple but outside of that he barely got a sniff, while Hipwood and McStay had little influence on the game.

Want to give a shout out to two players:

Melksham first.  Kicked three and is showing why we have persevered with him up to this point.  In these conditions he can be a classy player and it showed.

The second is for Jackson.  Tom Mac is going to find it hard to get back into the side with the kid playing the way he is.  Love his athleticism and you can see his confidence lifting.

And the umps can suck a big, fat one.  They sucked all night.

Onwards and upwards.  Go Dees.

Some very brave efforts (on both teams) but particularly for the MFC. A couple of notable errors in selections and application, sadly. Max was belted from pillar to post, illegally held in most rucking contests, and set up for a body slam or three at full pace from behind - so often it was unsportsmanlike. Had Vanders been there.......a new benchmark in unsportsmanship would instantly be transferred into a caring, clearing role, play on, we understand....

Stiff luck at critical moments, though - poise and control. Liked the better use of space, when there was some, and the role of most of the newbies.

Sunset for Jonesy and the very brave Jet.  Five minutes to midnight for OMac. 

As for the umpires, I guess all is AFL-OK, they are not held to account for their errors, blatant errors, anticipated winners, ensuring favouritism for what is becoming a new 'glamour' team and their effects on the game itself, including inconsistencies galore for variations of rules applications and bent umpiring appreciations across the game.

Nearly, but not quite, this time. A few scores to settle in the next meeting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I am officially off Brayshaw. Needs to be dropped and traded at years end.

Slow, fumbles and no intensity at all. An absolute training cone out there.

Agree with you on most of it, but will hold on the trade till the end of the season. Can’t do basic kicks or handballs and is slow. Terrible game.