• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY - Round 15

Hey people, I'm back in melb and would dearly love too go tonite, but don't worry i'm not going too the game, will sit in the warmth of sis's lounge here in looney ponds and cheer us on. Raise some more HELL DEE'S

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Tonight's the Night...

It's gonna be alright...... ain't nobodys gonna stop us now !!!!!!

• Like 2

I have a children's birthday party at my place tonight, so after a couple of hours in the company of 6 year old girls dancing to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, I'll be shepherding them out the door at 7 so I can scream at the TV in peace.

I haven't been overly impressed by the swans and their recent victories, however fantastic they look on paper.  Our injury concerns and run of short breaks should even things out and I am tipping dees by 10.  Clayton Oliver to be huge and give a big middle finger to everyone who questioned his hardness this week.

Go dees.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BigFez said:

I have a children's birthday party at my place tonight, so after a couple of hours in the company of 6 year old girls dancing to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, I'll be shepherding them out the door at 7 so I can scream at the TV in peace.

I haven't been overly impressed by the swans and their recent victories, however fantastic they look on paper.  Our injury concerns and run of short breaks should even things out and I am tipping dees by 10.  Clayton Oliver to be huge and give a big middle finger to everyone who questioned his hardness this week.

Go dees.

IMO their 6 straight losses has shocked them into playing half-decent football. They still have winners across the ground that get them over the line but the thing is the game and league has passed them by. That's not to say they are finished and can still very well make finals. But they are on edge atm. Would love to finish off their season tonight. Just wish we were meeting them in better circumstances with a 7-day break and fewer injuries. Such is life. Go Dees.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brendan said:

I have been up since 4:30 going to be a long day before I jump on the train this afternoon 

Pffttt, 3:30 here, did you enjoy your sleep in? :P

I am Nervcited for this game.

• Like 1

There are any number of reasons why we could / should lose tonight, but I'm not having a bar of any of them!

My reasoning:

• our midfield can match their main strength (which is hardness around the contest), and Max will give us first use more often than not;
  • our pace will get them on the outside;
  • we have the flexibility / options to nullify their game style and key playmakers;
  • our resolve will wear them down.

Dees by 27 points.

Edited by Deeoldfart
typo
  • Like 6

I am enjoying my 59th birthday today and hope to celebrate with a melbourne win at the mcg tonight. I will be very nervous and toey when I grt on the train to go to the mcg. I will be going to the Lindsay Hassett room before the game for a nice meal and a couple of beers. It is great to be back on the big stage tonight. CARN THE DEMONS.

• Like 6

Don't know why but I just get the feeling we will pump them tonight. With our ins I see Hunt playing forward and can see him kicking a bag especially if he gets out the back. 

• Like 1

Been off work all week. Courtesy of poorly timed Appendicitis (Surgery during first half if West Coast Game - watched the last quarter on the phone in recovery room!). Have had nothing other this game to keep me preoccupied this week...... Has taken for [censored] ever to get to game day, now game day is taking for [censored] ever! Hurry up already!

Biggest game in a decade for us, will be an absolute cracker and no skin at all off anyones nose win or lose. Obviously another win is a huge statement but a loss is irrelevant in the scheme of making and winning finals. How good is enjoying footy again

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

This will be the third memorable win missed by poor old Bitter

Dogs - Kotakinabalu

West coke - Singapore

Now Swans

Bitter in Bangkok!!

It's hard work avoiding Interpol!

• Like 9

I could get used to this Friday game malarcky.

Sure beats hanging around till Sunday afternoon.

And we have all weekend to gloat

AND 10 days to recover!

More Friday nights coming our way next year I would reckon

Dees by 26  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ditcha said:

I am enjoying my 59th birthday today and hope to celebrate with a melbourne win at the mcg tonight. I will be very nervous and toey when I grt on the train to go to the mcg. I will be going to the Lindsay Hassett room before the game for a nice meal and a couple of beers. It is great to be back on the big stage tonight. CARN THE DEMONS.

Happy B'day Ditcha - hope the boys sing you a nice loud song for your birthday.

29 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

This will be the third memorable win missed by poor old Bitter

Dogs - Kotakinabalu

West coke - Singapore

Now Swans

Bitter in Bangkok!!

enjoy the orange flag boat

just stay on it as it heads up river ... when it reaches the end there is a great street food market

One of the best and cheapest river cruises in the world !

Go Dees !!

• Like 1

Should be a classic, cant wait to see if the boys can bring the same intensity as recent weeks.

Does anyone know the last time we won 5 in row? Im guessing 2006.

Really slow day at work, and the minutes are ticking by soooo slowly. Pumped about tonight - will be home on my own so I can rant and scream at the telly. Might indulge in a few Squires' orchard crush ciders to help me through the game. 

Eat em alive Dees! 

The AFL website almost gave me a heart attack:

"Has a star Giant blown a hammy" - with a picture of Max Gawn.

Turns out that star Giant was little Zac Williams from GWS.

Late Mail Live: Has a star Giant blown a hammy?

1_TR260617QR 0639.JPG

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 3