GAMEDAY - Round 7

I've never seen a worse chase than Jordan Lewis just then -  unbelievable.   Vince also the dumbest footballer in AFL.  Finally, we've overdone the handball all season and bloody Goodwin hasn't adjusted the plan. 

37 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Reset things Goodwin. C'mon

what is wrong with the mindset. 

This is what a coach must do. 

I really thought we were over this sh!t

The team that plays with intensity wins every time this year. We come out with zero intensity every other week. How the hell can they be so complacent?  Hunt the [censored] ball for God's sake

• Like 1

I thought last week was bad. That was just pathetic. Pathetic skills, is it round 22 and we're 15th? It's so flat out there no one gives a [censored] except Viney and Oliver. 

Can we draft some 7 foot spud and just leave him 70m out from our goal on the flank? Week after week the fluke get out kick gets marked right there all [censored] game. Drives me insane. 

[censored] this. 

• Like 2

ALMOST gave up the twice weekly last-ten-seconds goal, AGAIN.  Got enough of the footy to be in front but can't convert AGAIN. Dropping marks that hit our hands only AGAIN, only to be outnumbered at ground level at every marking contest AGAIN. 

Viney, Tyson and Oliver keeping us in it. Jones trying hard but killing us with poor kicking. Lewis looks troubled or in his shell. 

Can I do this any more? 

Yes, because knowing us we will get in front from here, then lose in the last 3mins. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaded said:

Amazingly we are winning the Centre clearances 7-3. Pity we absolutely suck as using the footy!!!

We are winning the clearances 21-11, have had 29 more touches and have generally been first to the footy despite not having a proper ruckman.  The problem is that we are handpass happy due to their pressure.  They have had 40 odd more kicks than us, even though we have had more of the footy.  We need to put the pressure back on them and turn that ledger around if we want to have a chance of getting back in to the game.

• Like 1

I thought the days of the Dees showing up looking disinterested were over, obviously not. Our self proclaimed brand/standard of being a high pressure, fierce tackling team, is not even close to being met today. We won't win too many games when not meeting that baseline standard. 

• Like 1

What a pathetically typical Melbourne effort.

Over use, [censored] poor efforts by players who have borderline local league skills. How many marks have we dropped? Hannan, omac, tmac, bugg, salem, viney, Oliver.

We have resorted to the good ol Cam Bruce handballing. 

Our kicking into F50 is deplorable. 

Such a shite club.

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Even for someone as optimistic as myself, that was an absolutely disgusting half of footy.  Poor second efforts, bad decision making and turnovers all over the joint.  The Hawks apply the pressure, wait for the turnover and then smash us on the rebound.  It's as regular as clock work.  Don't even get me started on how poor our usage is going forward, Watts and Hogan don't stand a chance.

How we are only 5 goals down is a minor miracle and we will need to do some serious soul searching at half time to get ourselves back in the contest.  The only bonus is that they are already one down on the bench if we can hang around for long enough.

Same with me Wise, awful, and after I talked him up JKH pressure non existent, although he is not alone in having a poor half

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHF said:

Have not given up on this game. We can win it from here if we play.

Play what though CHF?  Touchball?

Fantastic way to wake up in the UK. This is my mistake for thinking after our round one win vs the Saints that we'd finally turned the proverbial corner. But we sound like we're still stuck in our old habits of inconsistency and leadership going missing when it counts. 

I haven't watched any of it yet, hopefully they come out to play in the second half, Goodwin better give them a bake. 

Edited by Pates

Every time they give us hope, they manage to dash it once again.

A most inept performance.

One half left to redeem, though goodness knows from where.

FFS ... another pea hearted effort! 

Let's see if they can do a Bulldogs & comeback to win! My thoughts they will roll over! Hope I'm wrong but want hold my breath... Tom Mac needs to take a pay cut & his bro is useless!

• Like 2

Despite being the better team with more of the ball for that quarter, we were outscored by a point there. 

Hawks should have had 6 for the quarter but stuffed up 3. 

We are getting smashed in the air so we kick it long and high to a contest. Makes sense. 

Their transition out of defense makes us look slow and disinterested. Mcdonalds have been bad but the pressure their teammates up the ground force upon them is disgraceful. Hawks have runners in groups of 3 or 4. As has been the case against every team this year. 

We want to get a clear possession every time we have the ball, so we handpass for space in the hope we can. This means we give up the first option, which half of the time is a long kick forward. We don't back our forwards in enough and this leads to overuse and bad football.

Our leaders have let us down with terrible, selfish football. Jones is turning into Vince 2.0. I fear the game is moving beyond him. He seems to struggle to gauge opposition speed and gaps, and turns it over way too much.

They have too many x factors, that make it tough for us to counter a fast attack forward for them.  

They are smashing us at the hitouts but we're giving them a lesson in the clearances. Problem is that we overuse the ball leading to a stoppage or turnover. Hawthorn needs to win one clearance to go forward. It takes us 3-4 tries. 

Our tackle inefficiency is a major indictment on our finals credentials. We are missing simple tackles and being brushed aside.

Overall, Hawthorn is bullying us without leaving 2nd gear. We have had all the ball. We win all the pointless contest but lose the important ones.  Will be tough to see Hawthorn drop this one.  Unfortunately, looking at our second half of the Year and the competition we have for the top 8, losing today puts us at an outside chance to make finals imo. Going into adelaide 3-4 and then leaving 3-5 would be the worst possible scenario.

Edited by praha
  • Like 1