READY FOR THE KILL - THE HAWTHORN GAME

Demonland

After 3 games in the middle of 2009, Watts came in 'full-time' round 8, 2010.

In the 5 years passed since then, he's played 98 out of a possible 109 and now is finally dropped.

Sad day really.

Sad that it wasn't 2yrs ago. He might then have learned his lessons and be playing good football now when we need him to.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind these changes. Yes, there is some dodgy disposal, but they can run, tackle and win the ball. All good things. They are all 20+ disposal players as well, so that should help. My concern is that we're going to be a little short, lacking a second ruck option and possibly a tall forward.

• Like 4

what other guns have we got in the 2nds that you guys would bring in?

Jamar does not deserve to come back in

Watts has been rubbish and soft and also desreves it

Well we're at least saved a week from the sh!tstorm that is discussing the merits of Watts' performance.

Uninspiring ins but can see the value of adding a bit of run to what was an offensively sluggish side.

Glad to see Viv slot straight back in. Stick with him Roosy. The boy can play.

• Like 5

Well we're at least saved a week from the sh!tstorm that is discussing the merits of Watts' performance.

Uninspiring ins but can see the value of adding a bit of run to what was an offensively sluggish side.

Glad to see Viv slot straight back in. Stick with him Roosy. The boy can play.

You're forgetting that his game at Casey will be analysed like no other game before. There's no escaping it!

• Like 3

You're a lot more likely to hit a target when a) you have the ball, and b) you have a viable target to hit. I think that's what these changes are all about as both were problems last week.

Agreed.

Edited by AdamFarr

With Luck Watts goes to CHF for Casey and gets given a mission to play a physical domineering game. He needs to show everyone that he can play like a tall, not just an oversized Jamie Bennell.

It's Beyond luck for Watts... Regardless of what pick he was etc he needs to earn his spot & provide a contest.....Roos patience has ran out & he can't be carried anymore....his career is @ the crossroads & let's hope he spends sometime @ casey learning how to play the game @ afl level

On the face of it I don't like the changes but I have a feeling Roos is looking at the list and who will be around in the future. Better to do this against teams you aspire to be like than other low level clubs.

• Like 9

Didn't even occur to me at first as I couldn't look past these three names, but we're going in with Spencer instead of Jamar again, this time with Dawes as his back-up. Good lord.

The tank is clearly on.

On the face of it I don't like the changes but I have a feeling Roos is looking at the list and who will be around in the future. Better to do this against teams you aspire to be like than other low level clubs.

I tend to agree with this. I expect to see a much stronger side against the Bulldogs (Jetta and Viney will help).

Not going to lie, this is the worst looking team on paper so far this year.

That compounded that the Hawks will be seething after a loss to the Giants AND that every member of my wifes family is a Hawks supporter..

Yep, this round has the potential to really hurt.

No! This is [censored]. The situation with Watt's is total foolishness. I posted last game thAT making him sub was foolish . Either drop him or give him a clear " do this or out message". I didn't go to the last game but I believe he did Ok when subbed in. Now he is dropped .. wtf ?

This is Neeld type [censored]. I think Roos has run out of ideas. Supercoach???

Yep Agree ! What has Grimes done in a week to deserve a recall?? Newton has been good ?????? Rohan Bail I can understand Jones ?? Not so sure about!!

Am sure of 1 thing this side is Shizen and think we are in for a ginormous flogging!

NB Jack Watts hnmm Methinks he is absolutely tradeable for any suitors for next year

As I stated on the "changes next week" thread, which is now obsolete, with the dry conditions forecast, I still think there's some chance that one of Gawn or Pedersen will come in and a late change, most likely Tyson (knee) will happen.

Otherwise we are majorly at risk should Spencer go down given that they have two genuine ruckmen.

The other comment is that based on team selected, you'd have to think that Howey will be the surprise third tall forward with Lumumba playing as the third-man up down back.

Final comment is to the guy who said Watts lacks class, that is complete and utter nonsense and shows you have never been to training.

His only significant problem is that he lacks aggression - and that, sadly, is why he will never make it.

• Like 3

I love the posts that opine the 'run and spread'

No point running and spreading if you can't play footy.

Question 1: Can they run?

Question 2: Can they play footy?

This is the way of the modern game. If you have a team that can't run then you get what we got last week.

Of course, these are not polar questions as you make out (nor are they good ones). There are shades of grey and even different ways of getting to that shade. But it's a subtlety lost on most of our less nuanced and less astute (and most prolific) posters.

• Like 1