Mitch Clark injury

Dee_Flower

I'm not sure whether someone has already posted this but you can see the injury most likely happen early in the 2nd quarter when Mitch comes down from snagging a mark .Just a twinge after he hits the ground straight legged (a little like LJ), he feels his leg and plays on.......

No i don't think so, see post number 111 for my rationale

What about the mark 9and goal) he took at around 14 mins left to go in Q1. He looked in pain as he landed and then when going back to kick he shook his foot a couple of times. Then the physios were looking at his leg afterwards.

"No i don't think so, see post number 111 for my rational"

Actually I think Sue has posted that it happened in the 1st quarter. I suspect that will be the incident I remember as well.

I suppose it doesnt much matter though it does suggest that it wasnt too serious, at least initially.

Your 111 post also seems a likely possibility,unfortunately it also implies a more serious injury

Edited by IRW

What about the mark 9and goal) he took at around 14 mins left to go in Q1. He looked in pain as he landed and then when going back to kick he shook his foot a couple of times. Then the physios were looking at his leg afterwards.

No i don't think so, see post number 111 for my rationale

Im glad you put in your logical thoughts full of common sense

Can you share some of your more outlandish ones

I think the foot donation program is already satisfied,

Im glad you put in your logical thoughts full of common sense

Can you share some of your more outlandish ones

I think the foot donation program is already satisfied,

I do have a spare foot size 13 and a half. Selfishly one foot may get me out of mowing lawns before going to the G and my wife can't nag me to do it. With Mitch back to win the coleman and me not doing the tyrants list before my journey to the G it's win win!

2013 performance is what counts now.

Clark's problem opens up the opportunity to see who else can play the tall fwd role.

Jurrah, Petterd, Cook etc need to make or break soon. Lets get on with putting them in the deep end whilst the 4 points dont matter much.

Edited by Nineteen

Does anyone know anything about the diagnosis and prognosis of HIS injury? Not the lisfranc injury in general but that injury as it is in Mitch Clarkes case. Looking to see if there's inside info anywhere. On side of possibilities its Trent Croad...and never play again. On the other its Matty Richardson and his best ever season on the wing. Pretty huge difference! Depending on severity and other factors I guess. Looking for someone who might know someone he's spoken to.

Yeah, he was really starting to tweek. Its been along time since Ive seen a Melbourne player grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it around, like he did on the`weekend......

Edited by Wadda We Sing

WTF??? Can we ever get an exciting player to go through uninjured? Tingay, Prymke, Glen Lovett, Alen Jackovich, even James Cook, Gysberts and now Clarke --- many others you will pick

Any of those could be world beaters yet are cut down prematurely by injury.

Maybe there s a God after all, and he hates Demons!

Is it possible to maintain cardiovascular fitness while wearing a moon boot?

Maybe swimming - without the moon boot? Any physios here?

http://m.heraldsun.c...f-1226410495726

Matthew Richardson offering to help Mitch recover.

The offer's cool but the way he explains it has me worried, I was hoping to think of Mitch's injury as a 'wait out until pre-season 2013 and he'll be good as new' but it's looking like a messed up injury. Richo's saying he had to wear orthotics the rest of his career and the change in his running style contributed to frequent hamstring injuries. Really don't want to a see situation with Mitch where he can only string a limited number of games together before he's down again. Wtf footy gods? ACL wouldn't suffice? Had to snap that damn tendon in the middle of his foot.

Wish him all the best in his recovery and hope that he can be back to his old self in 2013. Minus any ongoing hamstring issues or whatever.

Wtf footy gods? ACL wouldn't suffice? Had to snap that damn tendon in the middle of his foot.

I've done some work in the orthopaedic surgery area and I can tell you Mitch didn't snap the tendon. It's torn and will be repaired by having two screws inserted to re-align the joint to it's correct position. Lisfranc has many connections to other joints of the foot through it's tendons, and this is where it can get messy. These need to heal properly to ensure no further pain.

Also worth noting that Dr. Mark Blackney who operated on Mitch is absoloutely the cream of the crop in the orthopaedic, foot sector so we know Mitch is in the best of hands.

• Like 9

Also worth noting that Dr. Mark Blackney who operated on Mitch is absoloutely the cream of the crop in the orthopaedic, foot sector so we know Mitch is in the best of hands.

This. Mark Blackney operated on my foot (not Lisfranc, though). He's the best there is.

• Like 1