GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

GameDayRd152024.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Following (a tad less keenly than previous years) from Schinoussa in the Greek Cyclades.

In truth, just braggin'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Following (a tad less keenly than previous years) from Schinoussa in the Greek Cyclades.

In truth, just braggin'.

Following (as psychotically as usual) from St Albans aka the Stabbing Capital of Victoria

Also just braggin’

😁 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

WE’VE GOT THIS!!!

Hopefully we get a decent crowd tonight and the boys know we’re there. It means a lot to them when they can hear us, and who knows… it may just be the difference between winning and losing 🤷‍♀️ 

Was gonna say Dees by a Pup (41pts) but even I’m not that delusional so I’ll go Dees by a Knuckles - 4pts, since he last wore #41 ❤️💙

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 3

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Following (as psychotically as usual) from St Albans aka the Stabbing Capital of Victoria

Also just braggin’

😁

Maybe it's time Brimbank Council adopt the same rules that Greece has. Passport and bag check at all entry points. Problem solved.

BTW been to Greece a dozen times. Never scared. Never been to St Albans. Thanks for the heads up.

• Haha 1

Norths youngsters will be no pushovers. 

we've been playing like a bunch of strangers recently. hoping to see some rhythm and connection in our game.

not overly confident but if we play like we can and should we'll win.

Dees by 20 points

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WE’VE GOT THIS!!!

Hopefully we get a decent crowd tonight and the boys know we’re there. It means a lot to them when they can hear us, and who knows… it may just be the difference between winning and losing 🤷‍♀️ 

Was gonna say Dees by a Pup (41pts) but even I’m not that delusional so I’ll go Dees by a Knuckles - 4pts, since he last wore #41 ❤️💙

Awesome - I’ll take a win and some heart palpitations along the way.

That would be the third time we’ve beaten North by 4 points this century for the footy nerds playing at home.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BDA said:

Norths youngsters will be no pushovers. 

we've been playing like a bunch of strangers recently. hoping to see some rhythm and connection in our game.

not overly confident but if we play like we can and should we'll win.

Dees by 20 points

I can’t help but feel North’s midfield torch ours. They are better on paper, better on form and have a lot of confidence after significant improvement of late. How we cope over the rest of the ground will be the key

I think North get this done in a tight one and they cement their upwards trajectory from here.

All I can hope for is JVR having a big game 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

GameDayRd152024.png

Sums it up well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

We need to be brutal at the contest today. Enough is enough. 

Agreed.

Carltons pressure was at a season high 200 last night.

Our’s was a season low of 162 last week vs the Pies, despite getting humiliated the week before vs Freo.

Spot the team that wants success more this year. We either can’t or won’t apply the minimum standard of pressure of late.

North will make some hideous mistakes tonight which we need to punish on the turnover. However if their pressure far exceeds ours, they’ll beat us tonight. We can’t handle pressure.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

26 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

We need to be brutal at the contest today. Enough is enough. 

And who are they..... these brutes you speak of .... 

I've seen more desperation and hardness at the local primary school tuckshop !!

Agree about the "enough"  

We'll see

• Clap 1

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

And who are they..... these brutes you speak of .... 

I've seen more desperation and hardness at the local primary school tuckshop !!

Agree about the "enough"  

We'll see

I’m thinking you are a ‘glass half full’ kinda guy bub. You certainly have resurfaced and come out strong in recent times. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

I’m thinking you are a ‘glass half full’ kinda guy bub. You certainly have resurfaced and come out strong in recent times. 

I'll give you an insight as to how i think.

Firstly... the glass half full, half empty correlation I all but dismiss as I don't agree to the merit of those relative outlooks.

Im actually more inclined to favour my Engineering and suggest that that Glass is not fit for purpose as is obviously the wrong size...and it always seems to be  ;)

Speaking of not fit for purpose.... we have the MFC .   I don't like that it is this way. 

We're currently playing like a committee designed horse ;)

Will be very interested to to how we go about the game today. Personally the bookies have it arsecabout ... imho.

But... Go Dees

Just try and get going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I'll give you an insight as to how i think.

Im actually more inclined to favour my Engineering and suggest that that Glass is not fit for purpose as is obviously the wrong size...and it always seems to be  ;)

So you are always 😢 spilling your milk? 

I agree, it’s not a good fit, get a new glass 😳😂😜🤓

I woke up confident for a win tonight, but I am losing my confidence coming on here and reading other posts. The nerves are starting to kick in already 

• Like 1

Game day baby. Pumped (not really)

No Trac, no problem. Back on the winners list today and a return to form for Petts (will bounce back with at least 4 goals).

Go Dees. See you tonight at the G

SN34 

• Like 7

This is a fight for our lives.  
Treat it that way and we win. If we don’t, we won’t!

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

15 minutes ago, Newport34 said:

Game day baby. Pumped (not really)

No Trac, no problem. Back on the winners list today and a return to form for Petts (will bounce back with at least 4 goals).

Go Dees. See you tonight at the G

SN34 

You forgot to note 'back in the 8' with a win!  Then its a finals spot to lose.

• Like 1