Mark Jamar

Jordie_tackles

I was very happy to hear that Jamar had re signed, but I think 3 years could be too much.

Maybe they should send both Moloney and Jamar to Casey for a week to try and work out something.

Bring in Martin and Couch who are in form...4 goals Martin and 30 possessions Couch.

Just out of form. Will get better. He's not on his Pat Malone. It seems each week the penny has dropped for 1 or 2 more guys. They have been asked to play a very different game, it is taking time but the results of the last 3 weeks show it's working.

A handful (Jones, Clark, Rivers, Howe) got it from day 1. A few others have jumped on board in recent weeks (Garland, Grimes, Bartram) a few more just aren't there yet or aren't fit (Moloney, Jamar, Trengove). I think the coach and a few of these blokes deserve a few more games to run themselves into form and familiarity.

Unfortunately we played the middling to ordinary teams (Brisbane & Bulldogs) when we were a complete rabble. If we played those 2 teams this weekend I'd be quietly confident

I'm still choking on my corn flakes over that 3 year contract.

I guess the free agency trumped the club in that regard. Either let him go and get nothing, or keep and hope for improvement.

The extra $'s might've come in handy though if he did leave.... Makes you think the Coach is not overly optimistic about our ruck stocks going forward...

• Like 1

I'm still choking on my corn flakes over that 3 year contract.

I guess the free agency trumped the club in that regard. Either let him go and get nothing, or keep and hope for improvement.

The extra $'s might've come in handy though if he did leave.... Makes you think the Coach is not overly optimistic about our ruck stocks going forward...

As I said in the Jamar thread - ordinary present form shouldn't shape his contract in the long term, otherwise we'd have signed Magner on a 5 year contract on 700k a year after round two as his form was excellent. Short term form is just short term form. If the club perceives that he still has long term value, which it obviously does, then the three years is reasonable.

There's absolutely no point worrying about things like contract length or terms because the club is in an infinitely better position to judge these things than we are.

• Like 2

I have no issues with giving him a 3 year deal at all.

If anything it will now let Neeld send him to Casey if his form deserves it, without fear of him getting p1ssed off and packing his bags! I dont think any of our rucks apart from Gawn could be as good as him though, which is why he keep his spot week in and week out

His hit-outs are a worry. Usually to his feet where we get swamped. In contrast, Sellar did a tap forward to space at a centre bounce - everything looked better. Why doesn't Jamar ever tap like that? Must be coaches instructions?

ed:sp

Edited by sue
  • Like 1

For a ruckman who wins a lot of hitouts i would expect a larger percentage to be to our advantage.

The pies onballers were just setting back and waiting for the forward hitout yesterday .

• Like 1

For a ruckman who wins a lot of hitouts i would expect a larger percentage to be to our advantage.

The pies onballers were just setting back and waiting for the forward hitout yesterday .

This is what gets me. Every other team seems to rove to Jamar much better than we do.

Are there any stats around for clearances won from opposing hitouts?

Jolly smashed him and really let Jamar have it. Jamar was ahead of Jolly when they were both at Melbourne. Seems like Jolly got out on top.

Unfortunately it was hard to tell who was the better, as ND stubbornly refused to play them both even when White was obviously playing with a significant leg injury in a dead season, and would have perhaps extended his career were he rested. Edited by monoccular

My problem with russian is his non presence around the ground. With the ball on the back 50 Russian would not lead or present himself for a contest at all. He gets zero marks because there were zero leads. He is either unfit,injured or lazy and if he does get the pill his head nearly does a 360 like on the exorcist cause he is looking for a easy handball. Can he Kick a ball at all? That's a serious question. We need to either drop/rest russian or find a way to have Russian,Martin and Mr Awesome we love you thank god you came to our club I don't know if we would ever kick goals without you Mitch clarke in the one side. The only thing my feeble brain could think of is having Martin and Clarke forward with Martin playing more of a lead up forward and Mitch as a Full forward and Russian and MArtin alternate in the ruck/forward.

• Like 2

Still get nightmares about his game againt the Bulldogs at Etihad last year. Needs to win more of his own ball like the majority of our midfield and a damaging mark or two every now and then wouldn't hurt either. Would also like a lot more authority around the place like Clark exhibited on back page of the Sun sticking up for his mates as I have never seen it from him. Like others was somewhat surprised at three years.

Guest KingDingAling

In 2010 - his best year - he averaged 3 marks. This year so far he's averaged 2. Not taking many marks is hardly a new thing.

The bigger worry is getting the ball in general. Possessions wise he's averaging 4 compared to 12 in 2010. He's back in Donuts territory again.

Yeah he is struggling to even get a kick, looks slow and nearly always handballs instead of getting it on the boot.

Why we signed him for 3 I dont know, but at least he will be handy as a ruck coach if all goes pear shaped.

Why we signed him for 3 I dont know, but at least he will be handy as a ruck coach if all goes pear shaped.

Retirement fund

He CONSISTENTLY undershoots his marking efforts. He CONSISTENTLY looks to give the ball off rather than kick himself, thus slowing down the ball movement. He CONSISTENTLY drops to his knees and starts crawling around the grass whenever the ball hits the deck. He is not AFL standard other than with his tap work, and even that has reached new levels of predictability. Stay on your feet, take a mark, and get a kick would be my advice. Otherwise get out of this team Mark Jamar.

See the thread in"The Locker room".

I've pointed out a few of Jamar's failings, but many posters seem to have unshakeable faith in him.

There doesn't seem to be any optimism at all about the development of Gawn,Spencer,Martin or Fitzpatrick. I feel there' s a fantastic opportunity this season, now that the number of wins we have this year doesn't matter, to pump senior games into these emerging talls. We all know big guys take years to develop. Let's not waste the games on Jamar. He just can't get the ball to the mids, who are being forced to take the blame for our lamentable clearance rate.It may not be all their fault.

I cannot understand why given a free or mark,

he looks immediately to handball behind him to someone else to kick

Kick the bloody ball at once into the open and make our forwards run,

Go Dees

all he seems to care about is getting his hand to touch the ball first in a bounce to get the tap out 'stat'

on paper it looks good but in the game it looks horrendous. looks like a training drill sometimes with both ruck man playing for the same team

• Like 1

Funny how stats dont always convey the reality . We have a New coach . I wonder if Jamar has specific instructions . These may altet the outcomes