PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

3 minutes ago, poita said:

Chandler clearly needs a rest, and I'd be tempted to play Woewodin forward to get him in the team. Otherwise maybe McAdam if he makes it through at least 80% game time today.

Billings had a very good second half and was important to our improved ball movement in that period. He stays.

I'd like to have another look at Turner against lesser opposition, but he simply has to find a way to get involved in the play. At the very least he needs to be providing a contest and bringing the ball to ground. I think we need the three tall forwards, so he probably stays unless Brown kicks a bag in the VFL.

I thought Disco did play his role, just his role was to play 65% TOG with a whole heap of it in the fat side forward flank role away from play.

If Tracc is forward we don’t need the third tall as much. 

Even if Tracc isn’t we might need to find a specific role that gets Disco more involved. I reckon he actually has the tank and mobility to do short stints on the wing like another converted tall defender in Kamdyn McIntosh. He also has clean hands and creativity on the deck so he could be trusted as the high half forward at stoppages sent in just to bang bodies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

BBB for Disco would be my change, Mc Adams for Chandler ( rested)

I thought we missed an opportunity with Disco last night to use him as a defensive forward.  Carlton have two main intercept marking threats in Weitering and McGovern. I'd have liked to see Disco given accountability for one of them.

So maybe next week we could give him a crack at this role against the other McGovern or Barrass.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

I'd like to think Ollie Sestan is a chance to bob up in the next few weeks. Smart ball user.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Deelectable said:

Forgot about McAdam. Presuming he plays tomorrow night and plays reasonably well in the VFL he HAS to come in and play in Perth. Our forward line is screaming out for an 'X factor' and this bloke could well be the answer! I'll be watching with interest.

I thought Kozzy was our X factor.

Edited by ElDiablo14

10 hours ago, Skuit said:

Out: JVR, Rivers, Woey

Don't need these kids getting any ideas about sunnier climates. 

JVR just re-signed 😁

I have this fantasy where we don't have our four lowest rated players on the ground all be forwards.

Even the same 'total effectiveness' across all players would be fine if we can just get one or two of our forwards to have a significant presence each week.

At least I feel confident that May can handle Waterman, which is basically the end of the game as far as win-loss goes. (touching wood vigorously)

McAdam for Chandler, I like that idea if Chandler looks like he needs a rest.

Billings was decent, Taj was great give him a full game, maybe Bowie sub because he still might not be full match fit.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

McAdam simply must play

When Fritsch goes missing he can step up

McAdam will play when he is fully fit and well.  Needs to show a full game at Casey first. 

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Last week I would've put Billings on the chopping block but he responded last night with 20 touches and good ball use in the last quarter. His passing and inside 50 entries were as advertised when we recruited him.

No change this week. 

Goodwin last week said McAdam is weeks off a debut, so perhaps he debuts against St Kilda.

Our forward line needs an overhaul and I can see McAdam and Melksham (provided he recovers well from his ACL) replacing Turner and someone else (maybe Petty if he persists with these sub 10 possession/2 mark/goalless games.)

Good news from the derailed captain’s run report was that Melksham and Salem were on the track early and apparently going hard in contest one on one.  Maybe round 11 or 12?  

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Bowey?

Geez how did i leave him out

Bowey in for Woewodin

Woewodin- 23rd Man

Salem - Bench

18 hours ago, DemonWA said:

Minimal changes. Almost glad we got stung, as WCE aren't easy beats. With a bit of fire in the belly from that 1st quarter I'm feeling less MFCSS around the fixture. I'll be in the crowd

Me too wa.

I think last night could be the fire the team needs to get the job done for rest of year. I'm not pollyanna but have us 3rd after round 15 on my ladder predictor and our run home could be worse.

As Goody said at the presser the boys were hurting after the loss. Others watching the final 1/4 will take notice of the resilience as did vossy in his presser

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

This needs to be a 10+ goal victory to make up for last night. No excuses, no mucking around. Get to work and get it done. We need to get on a 5-6 win run to bolster top 4 chances. Top 2 is almost out of reach atm. Cats and Sydney wont be dropping many more games from here. 

Have you been watching West Coast lately?

Their recent form at home includes a win over a top 8 side (Fremantle), a close loss to a top 8 side (Essendon), and a win over Richmond.

Prior to that run, they led Sydney away from home for a half and lost by 26.

A 10+ goal margin is far too high of a bar. Right now, West Coast in Perth is not a walk in the park.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Their recent form at home includes a win over a top 8 side (Fremantle), a close loss to a top 8 side (Essendon), and a win over Richmond.

A 10+ goal margin is far too high of a bar. Right now, West Coast in Perth is not a walk in the park.

I am worried about this game  Must win for top 4    then saints    Jes I hate narrow loses like that  could have really set us up for year alas that first quarter... give me strength !!  (good come back but)

5 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

13 disposals, 8 tackles, 26 pressure acts I’d love to know who you think we’ve got ready to come in who can provide that same defensive effort and win a good share of the footy. 

McAdam’s going to have to be really good and Chandler not recover at all before I’d make that swap. 

Is Chandler hitting the scoreboard??

3 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

Geez how did i leave him out

Bowey in for Woewodin

Woewodin- 23rd Man

Salem - Bench

You also missed ANB

4 minutes ago, samcantstandya said:

Is Chandler hitting the scoreboard??

He’s goaled more weeks than not but with 3 talls, Fritsch, Pickett and Tracc last night he’s not often in position to score. 

Posted (edited)

After watching Casey this afternoon no one stamped themselves for a spot. I would take Kolt as the sub, play Woey back and trial Bowey as a high half forward in place of Chandler (who needs to be managed). 

Edited by Lil_red_fire_engine
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I would take Kolt as an emergency and for the experience. Give him time to grow and learn his roles.

I’d also rest Windsor if i) we had a replacement (Hunter seems miles off) ii) we didn’t have  a 10 day break and iii) he wasn’t already in our best 10. So he plays.

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

No Yeo or Waterman or Allen. They are a bunch of kids with washed out seniors hanging in for dear life.

if it ain’t a 10+ goal win, we just lack the ruthlessness that is required to mount a serious threat. 

• Like 1

I thought Sparrow played well and ANB was very good IMO.

They could get more mid minutes allowing Track to play a larger role forward.

Woey played very well in the last q. Hopefully the 'AFL oenny' has dropped for him and he can take the next step.

Not sure how Goody will view Disco's last 2 games? Whether he has played his role to an acceptable level? We do not always see what the coaches see. It's wait and see at selection. I would give him another go against WCE. No one else to bring in either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't Kolt play well at VFL yesterday?  Might think of putting him in as sub.  Chandler a rest if he needs it.  Woey a full game and Bowey up somewhere would be interesting.  Definitely a danger game though isn't it, not a walk in the park, but if we don't win well it will be alarm bells.

Wouldn't rest Windsor, the kid just wants to work I'd keep him in and get him proper match fit, if he isn't already, he's awesome!

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

After watching Casey, no changes at all.

Dazz, I didn't see any of the game, but how did you rate Jeffo?