Fox footy coverage -commentary from hell

Woewodin - heart and soul

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

Moderators are upset...

Dont shoot the messenger. 

Just sayin' 

• Like 1

Can't bring myself to write the things I am feeling right now about guys who I know care about the Club - but for whatever reason - which still has not been addressed - just can't bring fire to the start of these games (not that the start cooked us - as we were owned all game) - or consistent energy and intensity week-to-week, especially after a 10-day break(!!!) - so I am just going to commend the following as the only ones who held their own:

ANB - Tried all night

Fritter - Kicked his goals

Kozzie - Dangerous and lively

Taj - Full game please

* List over * 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Billings-Told you so.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

McADam- Cut that stupid looking rats tail off your head mate you're a grown man on good money not some meth head in a housing project.Try and act like it.

3 words not enough.soz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, Flower Magic said:

It's sad, but Brown - time to retire.

Can’t run. Can’t bend. Can’t kick (now). Sad to see him go like this. Clearly not able to move freely and defense simply runs around him.  BBB should retire or be saved for September (if we make it that far) 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Can’t run. Can’t bend. Can’t kick (now). Sad to see him go like this. Clearly not able to move freely and defense simply runs around him.  BBB should retire or be saved for September (if we make it that far) 

Club new what they were getting his knees are shot, got a decent run in 21 to help win the Flag, Not sure if club looked at Peter Wright

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, joeboy said:

Fox footy coverage -commentary from hell

Agree !00% - it was excuciating to listen to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Gawn - tried all night. Was bashed and crashed into without support.  He played with heart 6/10

Viney - crashed and smashed in but was off timing and couldn’t impact 6/10 (Viney on Reid at next meeting ffs)

Salem - just back from injury, he got enough footy but poor decision making led to turnovers upfield or handballs to players under more pressure  6/10

McDonald- couldn’t run and couldn’t bend, heart is there but Goodwin erred hanging him onto Waterman 4/10

McVee - just does the right thing even against better opponents, safe with the footy as different to many others 7/10

May - had a battlers night and agree was lost without lever 5/10

Sparrow - looked slow and fumbled and turned over the footy and didn’t impact inside contest , poor overall 3/10 

Brown - could not run and could not bend and simply evaded by defenders too easily  it’s sad to see him like this. 1/10

Fritsch - did well with limited opportunities  kicked 3 straight and battled on 7/10 

Pickett - always looked dangerous but ran around in circles and missed 3 clear chances in 3rd qtr including poor left foot clangers 5/10 

McAdam - looked unfit but also can see his footy smarts 3/10

Billings - Saints are laughing Saints are laughing Saints are laughing  goalkicking yips continue Offered little to commend and tackling is non existent  must go to Casey 3/10

Oliver - poor decision making and turnovers continue  kicks helicopter kicks  or handballs under pressure to players under more pressure  heart still strong at the contest 5/10

Petracca - tried but didn’t influence game as he might   Glimpses of his skill and strength only 5/10 

Woewodin - sub again    FFS Goodwin grow up   Did ok job but needs to be given chance and worked into the contest 4/10

Neil-Bullen - he was clearly our best player 👏👏👏 worked hard at the contest under pressure all night but cracked in and got nice goal as reward 8/10 

Petty - night to forget  was outmarked all night and looked tired for some reason. Very disappointing again  2/10 

Howes - tried but still looks like he could be tried up forward where he played as a junior 4/10

Windsor - looked like he needed a rest   Tried to kick left foot on the run No!   Was running freely into 50 and then stopping No!  Take on the game and kick long on your right leg    Still looks a great prospect 3/10 

Chandler - tackles well as he’s always second to the footy   Simply not performing as a small forward   Looks like knee soreness restricts him 3/10

Bowey - oh no two bad turnovers cost goals  his general play was solid  interceptions were important 5/10 

Rivers - wow he’s hot then cold   Offers a lot of run and pace and strength but some crazy handballs to players under pressure   Kick it long or to our players   4/10 

Lever - we miss you   Come back soon 🤞🤞

Fox footy coverage -commentary from hell.  So biased all night.  Horribly one sided like an “eagles members commentary subscription only” service. Fox Ffs.  

Goodwin. - outcoached AGAIN  No forwards structure.   Strategy on Reid … nil.  Strategy to drag McGovern away from play … nil.   Ask players why they handball to each other under more pressure… why ??  Overhandballing into trouble ? Try one handball one kick footy perhaps 

@binman feel free to discuss stats and any of the above comments and ratings 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
HelpUs
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Was at the game. Horrible to watch it live. Eagles were superior in all aspects. Once we lost Lever, the defence never got organised and the midfield didn't give a yelp except for a short burst in the 2nd quarter and another 10 or so minutes in the 3rd. 

Petracca, Oliver and Viney is not a functional midfield in 2024... I hate to say. Jason Taylor and team, despite their numerous runs on the board have put our list in a precarious position indeed. We have no midfield depth and no up and comers that are going to compete with the next gen mids like Reid, Horne-Francis, Daicos, etc. Hats off to Nibbler who is punching above his weight in there. The loss of Gus was massive to our list.

Gawn battled manfully, as he always does but gee whiz his connection with our midfielders is seriously lacking. Petty rucked to advantage far more effectively than Gawn did last night.  

Our forward line is a rabble. Not sure why they are persisting with Petty up forward. Has the yips something chronic and just looks bereft of confidence. I'd swap him and TMac around. Put Plugga back up forward, he's moving better and he's a decent marker and much better shot at goal than everyone on the list except for probably Fritta.

I'm calling McAdam a bust. Sorry, unfit, uncompetitive and poor decision maker. Break glass in case of emergency only. The sooner Melksham is back in the team the better. 

While we're at it, Billings can seriously eff off. What a joke of a player. I can't believe the saints drafted him before Bontempelli, and I can't believe we got him on our list at the expense of players like James Jordon and James Harmes. Criminal list management.

Pickett our only player with genuine pace and evasive skills. He's a pleasure to watch, we need two more pacy players in his mould. 

Rivers - Somebody in this or another thread described him as the new mid-sized Frosty. Spot on, can do amazing things, but then in the blink of an eye make calamitous errors. How frustrating. 

Windsor is a keeper but lowered his colours last night.

Eagles pressure in general was off the charts and they get the ball moving out of the contest by hand extremely well. Eagles should have won this game by 10 goals plus, and would have except for inaccuracy in the first half and then the umpires keeping us in it during the 3rd quarter.

Jake Waterman is a freak, I'd be making a big offer to get him on our list, exactly what we need. Bailey Williams was also very impressive. Halved the ruck battle and seriously tested Gawny with his mobility and athleticism. Would love to have him as understudy to Gawn.

I'd be trading out Petty for a late first rounder. We need new blood in this team, midfield bulls ready to go to take over from Oliver, Viney and Petracca. The window is pretty well closed for us now and its time for a mini rebuild. 

Edit: Oh and yes Harley Reid is a phenomonal talent. He will dominate the AFL for the next decade, and the only thing that can possibly prevent this is injury. My god he's a crowd lifter. He embarrased us. 

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 2
  • Clap 2

Wake me up 

when “Melbourne” play again Narrm are a bottom two side 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

On 20/05/2024 at 11:15, layzie said:

I must be marking McAdam harshly. I just didn't think he offered much apart from the two nice leads where Kozzie hit him lace out. Needs a few games. 

At his third club! They are almost always not successful, just look at the other third clubber! Still he was not the problem on Sunday. 

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 14:04, leucopogon said:

I'd be trading out Petty for a late first rounder. We need new blood in this team, midfield bulls ready to go to take over from Oliver, Viney and Petracca.

Agreed the cupboard is pretty empty and we aren't overflowing with midfield stocks.

I've been pumping up Petty in my own mind and was wrapped to see him play the way he did against the cats.

But one good game out of eight with two goals is a bust in anyone's language and it's got the the ackward position of if not returning him to the backline of having to drop him. Perhaps he will take Levers spot but we won't have any other talls up fwd other than Jvr.

I would drop Sparrow but there's no Jordan or Harmes to really step in.

And why are we coming out so flat at the starts so much these days?

We will play finals but I feel like we won't have two chances again.

I suppose all good things and that.

I did believe this was a more than one flag list and that last year we were very unlucky with a plethora of injuries and the whole Maynard act. But that's the way it goes.

Just hope it's not another half a century.😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/05/2024 at 11:15, layzie said:

I must be marking McAdam harshly. I just didn't think he offered much apart from the two nice leads where Kozzie hit him lace out. Needs a few games. 

Answered your own question re McAdam

• Like 1