Low Attendance

rpfc

Attendance excuses/reasons?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Demonland said:

That's a bigger attendance that Narrm vs North. How is that possible?

I made a slight edit but considering the media comments during the week I feel that they massaged the figures. I just cannot stand the AFL as I believe they are one of the most corrupt organisations around and along with Ch #7 will wreck the game that we love. Strong comment but that's how I feel. I know close friends and family feel the same way.

Not all are Melbourne supporters but their feelings are the same.

I am a 64 year continuous member of the MFC and along being a MCC member love this club with all my being but am finding the way the AFL treat our club just so hard to cope with. With poor fixturing at the "G" against interstate teams at crazy times to the favouring of the larger clubs just for "bums on seats to ensure bonus's at year end" is just so frustrating. I support our club with two memberships but GOD it's getting harder by the year how we are treated.

Sorry for the rant.

Go DEE'S - always.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

GA42 means nothing. You’re told to ignore the section, row, seat allocation, and instead turn up early to get seats together. I can’t remember the GA gates through which you should enter but just do what I do: go through the wrong gate (each and every single time 😁) and walk to the relevant bay once inside. 
But if you you’d prefer accurate and reliable info, I’m sure @Lucifers Hero will be happy to advise. 😊

I was just going to do this anyway, but what a farcical system that it can't help but generate data that you need to ignore.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Not sure if it's been posted previously but yeah the rules of the game and umpiring is such a blight.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/06/08/the-incredible-weight-of-terrible-umpiring/

Sorry, but I just flat out don't believe anyone who says they won't go to games due to the umpiring - but then still watch it at home.

And that article is just one long whinge:

grinds-my-gears-peter-griffin.gif

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 4
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Sorry, but I just flat out don't believe anyone who says they won't go to games due to the umpiring - but then still watch it at home.

And that article is just one long whinge:

grinds-my-gears-peter-griffin.gif

To save a lot of Cash

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

The AFL know Thursday night is a fizzer for attendances:  “It was a soft number but it was Thursday night, it was a few thousand below forecast, and it was cold, and all of the above,” McLachlan said.  -small-afl-crowds-mclachlan

How dumb to schedule a Thrusday night game during a bye week and only 1 game today.

I suspect we won't see many Thursday night games in June and July next year. 

Reckon we will get a bigger Thursday night crowd than Richond vs Port when we play Brisbane as their Fitzroy supporters will come out like the old South fans did - they get only a few chances to see their teams play in Victoria.

I agree, but Channel 7 want Thursday night games (heck, they'd have a game every night of the week if they could) and there are only two ways to get the number of them into the season that they want:

1. The AFLPA agree to multiple 5-day breaks; or
  2. They are played by teams coming off their bye weeks.

The AFL may be able to get the AFLPA to agree to a second 5-day break per year in the upcoming CBA negotiation, but otherwise unless the fixture changes to have two byes, one in April/May and then one later on for example, the byes will always sit in this June window and we'll have Thursday night games in cold early-winter conditions.

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I agree, but Channel 7 want Thursday night games (heck, they'd have a game every night of the week if they could) and there are only two ways to get the number of them into the season that they want:

1. The AFLPA agree to multiple 5-day breaks; or
  2. They are played by teams coming off their bye weeks.

The AFL may be able to get the AFLPA to agree to a second 5-day break per year in the upcoming CBA negotiation, but otherwise unless the fixture changes to have two byes, one in April/May and then one later on for example, the byes will always sit in this June window and we'll have Thursday night games in cold early-winter conditions.

That is fine but play Thursday night at Marvel where there is a roof or in Perth, Brisbane or Sydney where it is warmer. 

As I mentioned our game v Brisbane in a few weeks would get 40,000+ at the Gabba but lucky to get 25,000 at the G.  Ch 7 would be unaffected.

I would go to the Gabba for that game and make a holiday of the trip catching up with friends in Toowoomba, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast while there. 

• Like 3

I agree and you know I am no big fan of the AFL but trying to fit in all clubs requests would be very difficult. The MFC would be asking for as many games at the G as possible. So for a lower member club with a record of low attendance we end up with crap time slots etc. The AFL I believe are happy to accept low attendance at some games. They make motherhood statements to the contrary but their hearts are not in it. 

• Vomit 1

48 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

I know I'm slow to this but did petracca say our supporters are old & they don't come because it's cold?

Well... first he said that he couldn't perform at his best because there weren't big crowds, then seemed to belatedly clue in to his gaffe of denigrating his own supporter base, at which point he did indeed say it was cold and we were old as a means of extracting his foot from his mouth. Not his finest hour in the media!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gs77 said:

Well... first he said that he couldn't perform at his best because there weren't big crowds, then seemed to belatedly clue in to his gaffe of denigrating his own supporter base, at which point he did indeed say it was cold and we were old as a means of extracting his foot from his mouth. Not his finest hour in the media!

And then couldnt perform with a big crowd.

• Like 4

Our style of play is so hard to watch...as a spectactle today, and last week for that matter, have just been so painful to watch that its hard to get excited. Our style can be fun to watch if our players apply the necessary pressure...but going to the football to watch a dour defensive team that relies on pressure get outhustled at basically every single contest in the match is so uninspiring.

Our team right now look like exactly what you don't want to be known as...highly talented but not prepared to do the tough stuff.

• Facepalm 1

Outside of actual game time the MCG is intolerably  NOISY on game day.

I can remember watching Under 19s followed by the Reserves and Seniors. There was quietness around the ground between quarters and games. It was a relaxing day.

You could even hold a conversation with the person beside you.

Now it’s insanity where noise dominates.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, deefender said:

Outside of actual game time the MCG is intolerably  NOISY on game day.

I can remember watching Under 19s followed by the Reserves and Seniors. There was quietness around the ground between quarters and games. It was a relaxing day.

You could even hold a conversation with the person beside you.

Now it’s insanity where noise dominates.

Only insanity I had on the weekend was a Pies supporter near me who wouldn't stop yelling BALL, did my head in aha

• Haha 1

Tomorrow night will be the 'litmus test' for winter Thursday nights at the G!  Two big Melbourne clubs. 

Lions Tigers vs Blues.  Nearly 200,000 members between them.  Both teams up and about.  Tigers home game. 

Lets see how many turn up.  I'm guessing 30K- 35K

Edited by Lucifers Hero

31 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Tomorrow night will be the 'litmus test' for winter Thursday nights at the G!  Two big Melbourne clubs. 

Lions vs Blues.  Nearly 200,000 members between them.  Both teams up and about.  Tigers home game. 

You've mixed up your African animals. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Lions Tigers vs Blues.  Nearly 200,000 members between them.  Both teams up and about.  Tigers home game. 

I know the crowds are down but I can't see a hungry supporter base in Carlton only attracting 35K to this one.

I would say 60K.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

No tigers in Africa!

I didn't have the heart to tell him that!

When is your brain teaser coming?

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1