Jump to content

Tickets to the KB game.


M_9

Recommended Posts

As a member with Away access I received an email from the club today saying as a ticketed event I would not be able to use my card but I could reserve a ticket. 
There’s stuff all available. I guess that the CFC reserve the bulk of tickets as the Tigers did initially.

If you’re planning to attend and you don’t have MCC or AFL membership it’d be an idea to jump on to Ticketek and see what’s available. Very little I suspect (back rows of Southern and Ponsford and two bays on level one Northern).

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, M_9 said:

As a member with Away access I received an email from the club today saying as a ticketed event I would not be able to use my card but I could reserve a ticket. 
There’s stuff all available. I guess that the CFC reserve the bulk of tickets as the Tigers did initially.

If you’re planning to attend and you don’t have MCC or AFL membership it’d be an idea to jump on to Ticketek and see what’s available. Very little I suspect (back rows of Southern and Ponsford and two bays on level one Northern).

There’s no level 1 availability, those two bays have wheelchair accessibility which is why they show up as available.

a thread was made weeks ago that this game was going to be sold out shortly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

There’s no level 1 availability, those two bays have wheelchair accessibility which is why they show up as available.

a thread was made weeks ago that this game was going to be sold out shortly.

So much for my premium membership giving me access to all home and away games. Firstly Pork Barrel Park was removed, then ANZAC eve (temporarily), Pies …. Bombers and Pies (again)?

Edited by M_9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, M_9 said:

So much for my premium membership giving me access to all home and away games. Firstly Pork Barrel Park was removed, then ANZAC eve (temporarily), Pies …. Bombers and Pies (again)?

Well not the Essendon and other Collingwood game because they are our home games and if you have premium membership I assume you have a reserved seat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, M_9 said:

As a member with Away access I received an email from the club today saying as a ticketed event I would not be able to use my card but I could reserve a ticket. 
There’s stuff all available. I guess that the CFC reserve the bulk of tickets as the Tigers did initially.

If you’re planning to attend and you don’t have MCC or AFL membership it’d be an idea to jump on to Ticketek and see what’s available. Very little I suspect (back rows of Southern and Ponsford and two bays on level one Northern).

I understand the frustration but for games expected to have big crowds they don't have GA and the club communicated to members in February about purchasing tickets when the AFL opened everything up. 

Make sure you look out for it next year!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, deanox said:

I understand the frustration but for games expected to have big crowds they don't have GA and the club communicated to members in February about purchasing tickets when the AFL opened everything up. 

Make sure you look out for it next year!

All well and good, but I only want standing room (Southern stand) but I’m forced to pay for a seat. Like finals tickets, you’re only able to purchase a standing room ticket after all seats have been sold.

Having access to away games is being eroded more each year. First they scrapped entry to Kardinia Park, sold a game to the NT (no consolation getting free entry to the Hawks game as I already had that) and now more and more games are becoming ticketed. Fewer ‘free’ games but my premium membership goes up in price each year.

My tip for KB is 85k - similar to ANZAC eve when there was heaps of space, especially in standing room.

Edited by M_9
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, M_9 said:

All well and good, but I only want standing room (Southern stand) but I’m forced to pay for a seat. Like finals tickets, you’re only able to purchase a standing room ticket after all seats have been sold.

Having access to away games is being eroded more each year. First they scrapped entry to Kardinia Park, sold a game to the NT (no consolation getting free entry to the Hawks game as I already had that) and now more and more games are becoming ticketed. Fewer ‘free’ games but my premium membership goes up in price each year.

My tip for KB is 85k - similar to ANZAC eve when there was heaps of space, especially in standing room.

So wait for all seats to sell out. Will be end of the week and then they will put restricted view seats on sale. Buy one of those (will be very cheap) and just stand 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, M_9 said:

All well and good, but I only want standing room (Southern stand) but I’m forced to pay for a seat. Like finals tickets, you’re only able to purchase a standing room ticket after all seats have been sold.

Having access to away games is being eroded more each year. First they scrapped entry to Kardinia Park, sold a game to the NT (no consolation getting free entry to the Hawks game as I already had that) and now more and more games are becoming ticketed. Fewer ‘free’ games but my premium membership goes up in price each year.

My tip for KB is 85k - similar to ANZAC eve when there was heaps of space, especially in standing room.

Valid points about the standing room, and I agree about the premium membership.

I'm in redlegs and they give us an option to reserve a seat on Level 1 for free for the Hawthorn replacement homegame. I'd rather pay and extra $20 on my membership if needed and get a LVL 2 seat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Why on earth do they call it a 16 game membership when there's at least one MCG game where I can't get in without coughing up more hard-earned ?

As ****ty as it is (and a lot of us still remember the days where we played in front of 19k at the g against interstate sides and a max of 45k against bigger Melbourne teams) it is the price we have to pay of being involved in a game that is on track to draw 88k+ people.

It does also say in the terms and conditions:

  • Additional fees and charges may apply with match access. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can see a time in the near future where we can't get any access to this when it's Collingwood's home game. The AFL wants all memberships to be reserved seat memberships (like Essendon at Docklands) which would mean no access for opposition supporters.

I was happy to have a reserved seat membership, then they doubled the price by forcing you to pay for the grand final guarantee as well. If this is the desired future, they need to let people build their own packages.

Ultimately the club loses out, as evidenced by the sparsely populated reserved seat areas this season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can see a time in the near future where we can't get any access to this when it's Collingwood's home game. The AFL wants all memberships to be reserved seat memberships (like Essendon at Docklands) which would mean no access for opposition supporters.

I have a reserved seat membership and I can’t get a ticket to this game. I needed to book back in Feb and pay a lot of money to get a somewhat decent seat. Considering my membership is almost $700 a year, that’s not good enough IMO. But I understand this isn’t on the club. Collingwood has a lot of members and they get priority at their home games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can see a time in the near future where we can't get any access to this when it's Collingwood's home game. The AFL wants all memberships to be reserved seat memberships (like Essendon at Docklands) which would mean no access for opposition supporters.

No doubt about it. And then scalping will be on the cards again. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

As ****ty as it is (and a lot of us still remember the days where we played in front of 19k at the g against interstate sides and a max of 45k against bigger Melbourne teams) it is the price we have to pay of being involved in a game that is on track to draw 88k+ people.

It does also say in the terms and conditions:

  • Additional fees and charges may apply with match access. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.

Then they should call it "up to 16 games membership". Be up front and honest rather than use the fine print to disclaim

But I get your point about being relevant in front of large crowds, that is very true

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an opportunity to go, unfortunately it is right in the middle of the Collingwood Members, (I did this a couple of years ago and was only person wearing red up that end), this year I might politely decline considering I'm not sue if I could contain myself anytime that No 4 goes near the ball, and it could get very ugly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 280

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

    Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

    PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...