Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Community Series vs Carlton

Demonland

It's only a practice match, but we need all aspects of our winning machine functioning smoothly.

Hence I bring you a practice version of "What they're saying down at ... ". (Lifted from real things they're saying on the bigfooty Carlton forum.)

Playing the best side is going to really let us know where we are and test our defences.

Dees have been eating their Weetbix in the off-season. They'll come out to make a big statement in this game.

I can’t imagine this will be pretty if Melbourne go hard all day.

McDonald looks the goods. Only 26, played every game for a prelim final team. 196cm. Very handy pickup I don’t think we lose much from Jones

My view is that three blokes won the flag for Melbourne Gawn/Oliver and Pretacca in that order. Cerra and in due course Walsh can handle Vinny and whoever else they have tiptoeing around the midfield - and beat them . So lets see How well the Carlton big boys match up to their Melbourne counterparts - where it matters.

Good chance for Omac and Young to prove themselves against a very well structured forward line.

We're going in extremely weak against a Melbourne side with only 5 out of their Premiership squad missing. I'm predicting melts, cos this is gonna get ugly.

I think you overrate Melbourne and severely underrate us. We were 2 goals on average away from Melbourne the last 3 years. Their side hasn’t changed. And they’re without three of their starting defenders tomorrow

I'm not saying we can't win more just saying pressure will be the key thing I will look out for regardless of result. But not sure how we can overrate Melbourne. They were crazy impressive last year and they aren't really an old team. Gawn for me is the best player in the comp and Petracca, Oliver, May, Fritsch, Brown and Lever are elite+++ in their respective positions. Then they have incredible young talent like Jackson, Pickett, Rivers and co which will imo make sure they are a top team for many years to come

On paper, we actually match up relatively well against Melb. Clearly Melbourne had the best structure/system last year, and from last week’s viewing, we seem much better placed in that area under Voss. I’m still baffled how our last senior coach just couldn’t get his head around this.

So happy to be playing Melbourne tonight. They are the benchmark. A very well drilled side with talent on every line. I'm happy they touched up North last week as it shows they mean business. Going in without Walsh, Stocker, Charlie, Kemp, Weitering and Doc, so we are far from full strength.

The Dees were deserving winners last year, but Gawn aside, I really don't think they're that far ahead of us....

trac and Oliver better as a duo than Cripps and Walsh. personally I think terra is better than any of their other mids. Backline they get the chocolates cause of keys. our forward is more talented. Our system is what needs work. Also I think our half backs are more dangerous than theirs but as a unit they are such a well oiled machine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Our backline is missing five members from our Grand Final team (Rivers, May, Salem, Hibberd and Petty) so it'll be interesting to see we hold up defensively.

Hopefully Turner gets a run at some point. He could be a ready made replacement for May a few years down the line. Also interested to see how Smith performs considering he and Tomlinson are likely both in the running for that third tall position.

Edited by Demon Jack

Hey all

No, I’m not dead, although I had severe alcohol poisoning after our GF win and have not logged into to the forum since then. It’s weird but after the win I have felt completely satisfied and without need to post/chat with you legends.

What an incredible coincidence to see an MFC Premiership in Perf of all places and believe me it was savoured with great emotion and pride!

Big shout out to the other Demonlanders who shared their barcodes with me (you know who you are) so I could take some mates along! To see Eagles and Dockers supporters draped in red and blue was cathartic to say the least and satisfied my most deepest sense of schadenfreude .

Anyway, we’re back to footy and I’m really confident we can go back-to-back in 2022.

Cheers 🍻🍻

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Hey all

No, I’m not dead, although I had severe alcohol poisoning after our GF win and have not logged into to the forum since then. It’s weird but after the win I have felt completely satisfied and without need to post/chat with you legends.

What an incredible coincidence to see an MFC Premiership in Perf of all places and believe me it was savoured with great emotion and pride!

Big shout out to the other Demonlanders who shared their barcodes with me (you know who you are) so I could take some mates along! To see Eagles and Dockers supporters draped in red and blue was cathartic to say the least and satisfied my most deepest sense of schadenfreude .

Anyway, we’re back to footy and I’m really confident we can go back-to-back in 2022.

Cheers 🍻🍻

How was the experience on the day mate?

Very jealous, but glad folks like yourself got to experience it!

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

How was the experience on the day mate?

Very jealous, but glad folks like yourself got to experience it!

It was surreal - almost weird because I always envisaged coming to the 'G' to watch us in a Granny.

But the day was spectacular and I think we've won a whole lot of new supporters over here.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

Our backline is missing five members from our Grand Final team (Rivers, May, Salem, Hibberd and Petty) so it'll be interesting to see we hold up defensively.

Hopefully Turner gets a run at some point. He could be a ready made replacement for May a few years down the line. Also interested to see how Smith performs considering he and Tomlinson are likely both in the running for that third tall position.

I think thats a great test for our team. Not a bad time to experiment with it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

It's about the mechanics of the machine getting fine tuned, not the outcome. Personnel getting exposure to systems and their own stress inoculation. *must remember this myself if we lose.

Edited by Engorged Onion

If possible i would like us to beat the snot out of Carlton and have the media put the spotlight on them early. that would be lovely

And goes without saying, no injuries please

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No one at Carlscum rates the work of Viney. 

Poor Stupid Souls

They've put it out there. They've got Viney covered 

Isn't that good enough for you ??

If Carlton fans say it, then it must be true !!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

It's only a practice match, but we need all aspects of our winning machine functioning smoothly.

Hence I bring you a practice version of "What they're saying down at ... ". (Lifted from real things they're saying on the bigfooty Carlton forum.)

Playing the best side is going to really let us know where we are and test our defences.

Dees have been eating their Weetbix in the off-season. They'll come out to make a big statement in this game.

McDonald looks the goods. Only 26, played every game for a prelim final team. 196cm. Very handy pickup I don’t think we lose much from Jones

My view is that three blokes won the flag for Melbourne Gawn/Oliver and Pretacca in that order. Cerra and in due course Walsh can handle Vinny and whoever else they have tiptoeing around the midfield - and beat them . So lets see How well the Carlton big boys match up to their Melbourne counterparts - where it matters.

Good chance for Omac and Young to prove themselves against a very well structured forward line.

We're going in extremely weak against a Melbourne side with only 5 out of their Premiership squad missing. I'm predicting melts, cos this is gonna get ugly.

I think you overrate Melbourne and severely underrate us. We were 2 goals on average away from Melbourne the last 3 years. Their side hasn’t changed. And they’re without three of their starting defenders tomorrow

I'm not saying we can't win more just saying pressure will be the key thing I will look out for regardless of result. But not sure how we can overrate Melbourne. They were crazy impressive last year and they aren't really an old team. Gawn for me is the best player in the comp and Petracca, Oliver, May, Fritsch, Brown and Lever are elite+++ in their respective positions. Then they have incredible young talent like Jackson, Pickett, Rivers and co which will imo make sure they are a top team for many years to come

On paper, we actually match up relatively well against Melb. Clearly Melbourne had the best structure/system last year, and from last week’s viewing, we seem much better placed in that area under Voss. I’m still baffled how our last senior coach just couldn’t get his head around this.

So happy to be playing Melbourne tonight. They are the benchmark. A very well drilled side with talent on every line. I'm happy they touched up North last week as it shows they mean business. Going in without Walsh, Stocker, Charlie, Kemp, Weitering and Doc, so we are far from full strength.

The Dees were deserving winners last year, but Gawn aside, I really don't think they're that far ahead of us....

trac and Oliver better as a duo than Cripps and Walsh. personally I think terra is better than any of their other mids. Backline they get the chocolates cause of keys. our forward is more talented. Our system is what needs work. Also I think our half backs are more dangerous than theirs but as a unit they are such a well oiled machine

I really just want to LOL, but I am trying to keep in mind that this was me a couple of years ago... what the hell, LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

They've put it out there. They've got Viney covered 

Isn't that good enough for you ??

If Carlton fans say it, then it must be true !!!!!!

Yes i saw that, after Gawn, they have us covered…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

thanks for that, mazer

i always wondered where dee-luded went after he left demonland

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I think you overrate Melbourne and severely underrate us. We were 2 goals on average away from Melbourne the last 3 years.

It's so weird reading Carlton fans being delusional and optimistic.

My best friend is a life long Carlton member. When I asked her if she's watching tonight, so said "what for" and sent me the below GIF to represent Carlton's decade long rebuild

the simpsons surprise GIF

I am looking forward to the McDonald Cup tonight. Fascinating to see how team defence holds up when half the backline is missing.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Re Viney, he has been sparkling in his pre season work that I have seen, plus he is playing his role to the structures which benefit Goody's strategies and plans. Also re tonight NBI ( No Bloody Injuries) 

• Like 1

Just now, picket fence said:

Re Viney, he has been sparkling in his pre season work that I have seen, plus he is playing his role to the structures which benefit Goody's strategies and plans. Also re tonight NBI ( No Bloody Injuries) 

except to them

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

My view is that three blokes won the flag for Melbourne Gawn/Oliver and Pretacca in that order. Cerra and in due course Walsh can handle Vinny and whoever else they have tiptoeing around the midfield - and beat them .

Cerra or Walsh?  Laughable.

That poster should look at this:

CIAc5OmWIAAmOKB.jpg

or this

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/08/01/1227466/193257-0fed81ee-3823-11e5-9c70-bb8d701e73e2.jpg

or this

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-05-2015/KQptw2.gif

or this

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/657e21f9766e3a695b485170cb911cb3?width=650

or this

http://i.imgur.com/kUIOtfd.gif

Dammit, that poster can read the whole 'Jack made them cry' thread.  Jack takes on some of the biggest and toughest players in the game.

Cerra and Walsh have talent but have yet to show an ounce of aggro.

Jack will eat them for breakfast!!

Edit:  Sorry about the gif links.  Pics copied from the Jack thread but for some reason they appear as links instead.  Oh well, you all know how the story goes :laugh:

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

If this was a home-and-away match, it would be a very good test of our "system-based" approach - @binmanhas had a couple of great posts which point to that being a key to our success. We had a good system, had complete buy-in, and had the cattle to execute.

I wonder if the backline will have the cattle to execute. Who cover's Salem's judgement and disposal (which won us the first quater of the GF, I reckon)? Hunt/Rivers I get, but I reckon Rivers was more damaging, and better defensively. I guess Tomlinson does the May thing on the gorillas. Smith/Hibberd - OK.

Going to be interesting. If we thrash them, I will be a) surprised (57 years MFCSS sufferer) and b) quite optimistic coming into 2022.

Go Dees.