• Demonland Interviews

Sign in to follow this  
Pinball Wizard

CHANGES: Rd 17 vs Western Bulldogs

2 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

I like Frost forward idea

Fast, defensive run covers the switch

Will hopefully have Preuss forward 

We tried this a few years ago it was horrible..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skin Deeamond said:

Fritsch forward to replace Tom.

Gawn back in his usual brilliance. 2 weeks for a sprained ankle is about right.

Keep Preuss in. He’s a great mark and a long kick. He had a good game today.

Lever to the backline to replace Hore. 

Maynard or Jordon in for potential and development. They did well at Casey. The Wagners are just no good.

💯 on Fritsch needs to be forward

2 hours ago, FireInTheBelly said:

How close is Nev to a call up? Is 1 VFL game enough? Jetta into the backline, Fritsch forward?

if you'd seen his game at Casey you would wonder when but certainly not now

48 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Because Frost was sooooooooo good as a forward last time we tried?

Yeah, nah.

Can't remember that experiment tbh....was he really that bad?

3 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

Well, where do we start?

Jake Lever replaces Marty Hore (collar bone)

Max Gawn replaces Tom McDonald (knee)

Oscar McDonald replaces Harry Petty (concussion)

No No OSCAR you cannot be serious??

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Demon Head said:

Jordan Lewis could be in a bit of strife for an accidental head high bump. 

3 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Accidental... 👍

3 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Zac Fisher played out the game and appeared unaffected. Low impact. Lewis cops a fine at worst despite his record.

Remember the last time the Cheaters doctor gave an opinion re MFC players “assaults”?

Hogan got 2 if I remember correctly for a “delayed concussion” (whatever that is) on a player who was close to BOG the following week, and 

Lewis got 2 or 3 for breaking a jaw on someone who missed no games. 

So, mark my words, Lewis will go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Remember the last time the Cheaters doctor gave an opinion re MFC players “assaults”?

Hogan got 2 if I remember correctly for a “delayed concussion” (whatever that is) on a player who was close to BOG the following week, and 

Lewis got 2 or 3 for breaking a jaw on someone who missed no games. 

So, mark my words, Lewis will go.

Spot on. Best check the obituaries for 1 Zac Fisher pre-tribunal. Only for him to play next week.

Edited by FireInTheBelly
Error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

We are only 3 wins plus % out of the 8!!!!

MFC the next Steve Bradbury?

Will Tim Smith be available for selection next week? 

Aargh, these injuries. Dunks was the 38th player used this year.

Not sure if I’d play Lever this week: Marvel is cursed it’s ACL central...

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

JKH for Lockhart

6 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Agree- Lockhart looks tired. Lack of preseason is catching up. No point in burning him out.

I wasn't at the game but it looked like Lockhart put time into Simpson today from the replay I was watching & cut his effectiveness,

Might be wrong but maybe someone who was at the ground would know????

• Like 2

I would give Jordon a run...can't see the  point of bringing Wagner back yet again.

Jordon's a kid in good form lately.

Can play on ball, wing and back, also uses the ball well.

Lever will come back, Max of course if fit..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jaded said:

Who says Petty will miss? Lots of players play a week following a concussion. 

Agree.

He didn’t seem to bothered after the game. I assume he’ll play next week.

Small sample but it was Petty’s best game of his career.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Because Frost was sooooooooo good as a forward last time we tried?

Yeah, nah.

To be fair, he wasn't much chop as a defender in those days, either. However, he seems to have found his spot in the backline and I would only move him forward if every other tall forward, Oscar McDonald, Preuss and May were all unavailable.

• Like 1

Shutting down Naughton is key next Sunday. He’s got a lot of confidence and is really enjoying showing the punters what he’s made of. May’s biggest test at the MFC so far. 

I've been against Pruess playing as a forward with Tom in the same side. So the bad news for Tom is good news for Pruessy. Won't have all that much faith but if he can clunk 1 mark and convert a goal that should be a tick for the game. Gawn to get some forward time to see how it goes.

Gawn and Lever seem the two obvious ins. Not sure if Petty will get up but he's been getting better each week so hopefully he does. If not then JWag should come back in. Contrary to most around here I'd still like Wagner in the side so we can push Salem up the ground. But I doubt that will ever happen

13 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

MFC the next Steve Bradbury?

for sure!  win the next 7 and we are in the 8.

in all seriousness i reckon we will win 3 and finish on 8 wins.  add some respectability to our season.  would be great to knock off Pies or tiges at the G!

Out: Petty, Hore, T.McDonald (all inj.), Lewis (susp.)

In: Lever, J.Wagner, T.Smith, Kennedy-Harris

I guess having a few weeks in a row where the team got better instead of worse was too much to ask, although obviously Lever in is a huge positive.

I’m just assuming the MRP will be heavy handed on Lewis, but if not, he keeps JKH out.

Edit: Forgot all about Gawn. Oh well, choose at random any one of the three NQRs I’ve named ‘in’ - probably Tim Smith as I’d like to keep Preuss in for the time being.

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Out: Petty, Hore, T.McDonald (all inj.), Lewis (susp.)

In: Lever, J.Wagner, T.Smith, Kennedy-Harris

I guess having a few weeks in a row where the team got better instead of worse was too much to ask, although obviously Lever in is a huge positive.

I’m just assuming the MRP will be heavy handed on Lewis, but if not, he keeps JKH out.

You believe Gawn won't be fit or do you see him playing in the seconds?

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You believe Gawn won't be fit or do you see him playing in the seconds?

Has clearly been passed by Preuss.

That, or I forgot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Frost forward

Nope. Been our best marking defender of late. He’ll play in the back half as he should.

OMac for Tmac: (can someone insert the popcorn emoji here).

• Like 1

Jetts will come in. Lever in. So that probably covers hore and petty.  

Gawn obviously comes in. Maybe they will play him and preuss as alternating full forwards. But probably smith plays at full forward.

Hore is a big loss. A real shame as he has been our most consistent defender. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Jetts will come in. Lever in. So that probably covers hore and petty.  

Gawn obviously comes in. Maybe they will play him and preuss as alternating full forwards. But probably smith plays at full forward.

Hore is a big loss. A real shame as he has been our most consistent defender. 

Binman do we actually know if Gawn will return or are we all just hoping? Also what are the injuries to Hore and Petty? I thought Petty played a lot better this week before he was injured or was that just my wishful thinking?