POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 16

Demonland

Now I'm just waiting for joeboy to have a crack at Tyson in his the word summary!

• Like 7

Yes lads/ladies!

We got 4 points despite putting a second rate side out there and playing pretty poorly at times. Keep the faith. With all the injured guys coming back in 2-4 weeks we will have no excuses heading into the last few rounds. 

• Like 5

releif

Watts and Tyson back next week and we get a little bit better. then Salem the next week and we get better then the captains and its all out assault leading in to finals

• Like 14

Just now, chook fowler said:

I feel sorry for the maggots- they're obviously blues fans

The pessimist in me sees them calling the guys back out and giving the Blues a couple of free in the goal square.

• Like 2

I'm going to focus on the positives.

Plugger is so good up forward, Jetta won the game for us in he last few seconds.

Frost, Omac, Jetta and Hibbo were solid all day. 

Oliver was good again today.

I thought Harmes and Nibbler had solids games and Hannan was very handy at times through the middle.

How we won I don't know but let's take it and never speak of this game again.

I'm drinking whiskey and it is well deserved.

• Like 9

Just now, monoccular said:

He was THE leader who stood up.  Lonely there.

Agree re Kent, and Stretch.

Hannan did OK, and cut Smith some slack as he hasn't played for a long time.  IMVHO he was rushed back.

Will be interesting as our top 22 come back.

Totally agree, how is a kid that's been put with a shoulder injury straight back in after one game? Seemed like a very strange selection when we probably needed someone with senior experience given our injury list. 

• Like 3

Very gutsy win, they controlled the game for longer periods and outplayed us, but too the boys credit they kept sticking it to the dirty baggers and their persistence paid off big time. Go the mighty HELL RAISING DEMONS.

• Like 1

Tmac, Hibbo and Hannan were as good as always. Frost great in first half. Nibblers best game. Jets was amazing at the end there.

That being said, lots of no shows today. And some pretty horrible tackling and hand balling yet again.

We got away with that one.

• Like 1

Was a bad game aesthetically, but it wasn't that bad. This is what Carlton do to everyone. Let alone a team missing their engine room and best user/link man. 

Was a good win for mine. 

My heart is about cooked, watching an Aussie win UFC gold, then watching us bounce up n down the ladder and sneak a win. I'm getting too old for this [censored]. 

Nev is a giant. Giant heart. Fearless. Competitor. Just a gun. 

Tomald McDonell has been a sensation up forward. His set shots are Lyon-esque. 

Hibberd and Oliver brilliant as usual. 

We had some putrid players out there. Vince, Stretch, Lewis...

Enjoyed Frost and ANB's games. 

Welcome back Jesse. 

• Like 6

That's why, Lewis doubters!!!!!!!

Umpire no 22 would have given three fifty metre penalties against us from the point and those parasites would have been given the game:rolleyes::rolleyes::roos::pj:

• Like 7

Can't point the finger at anyone but the old guys who made a couple of errors.

Hannan was ok for his first game on the ball.

Kent went hard for the tackles ,mAde one or two errors but was ok.

Stretch went ok.

Getting Smith back is great- need him to find touch.

Just finished watching the replay... umps tried their hardest to get carlscum to win... ANB clever at the end. [censored] carlton and they filthy supporters! 

Now go Weagles and top 4 for us!

Go dees

• Like 7

Just now, DSP said:

We got away with that one.

Richmond, Geelong, and GWS have got away with a few as well. It's that kind of season. No one is a safe bet (I get the feeling the bookies have done well this year), but games like this when you know your side wasn't the better team on he day but somehow got the win are so crucial to the overall season. 

Blues fans would be frustrated right now, but they were the better team in just about every stat except the one that mattered. The scoreboard! :P

10 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Tyson and Watts back in next week, we looked toothless around the packs. But still won! Cripps being off for a half was probably just enough.

A few there though on thin ice: Hannan, Stretch, Kent and Smith all fairly ineffective. It's all very well saying injuries give other players a chance to step up, but they need to (be able to) step up.

I know what you are saying, but all of them outside players, and star when we have the hard nut insiders of our midfield and they will again as they come back over the next month. Hannah in particular thrives on the hardness at the ball from others, to our great advantage in view of his goal kicking ability..

Go Dees!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, McQueen said:

AA without a doubt at this point.

13 minutes ago, JTR said:

Good teams find a way!!

I'm starting to believe that. We wrestled momentum back in the 2nd. We are a totally different side to a few years ago.

Nevs contest with Thomas with a minute to go was season defining 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Wow.  Lewis, Vince and Stretch were all liabilities.

Severly missed Jones, Viney, Tyson and Watts.

Hogan - passenger for most if the day, but welcome back.

We need some poise - so we know when to play like crazy men, and when to set things up.  Lack of poise nearly cost us that game.

But, hey!  We are fricken 4th!  Go Dees!

Vince and Lewis affected the game Smith and Hogan were MIA.

understandably

• Like 2