Christian Petracca’s 2024 Season Ending Injuries

Annus Horribilus

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, binman said:

I feel sick.

You're far from alone.

• Like 3

Why does it always happen to good guys like Trac. Not just a player but a humble champion fella. Great though he will fully recover that more important than a game

• Like 9

Get well soon Trac. In some ways I'm happy its clear he has to take the rest of the year off. He needs to recover fully and rest.  A mental break will be good for him too.

Play some kids, get an easy draw for next year, draft picks, trades and go again.

• Like 16
  • Thinking 1

15 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Annus Horribilus

Most definitely, very little has gone right

• Like 6

All the best in recovery Christian, No thuggery against maggies. We do not want suspensions for round 1 next year.

Given no pre season for Clarry, Gus gone, Tracc out for year our midfield looks shot. Viney looks like he might have a minor calf issue.

Time to play ANB mid with Sestan on a flank (he does not have ANBs tank though) and bring in Tholstrup for mid/forward duties.

Also i think we will see young Brown play a few games this year as a forward/mid. He reads the play well and has pace and evasive skills.

• Like 5

On 11/06/2024 at 10:35, wizardinoz said:

Obviously learnt that from that [censored] Mason Cox.

Oh ffs you guys 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

A bees Richard away from having Collingwood medically retire a second player in as many years

And didn't 💩#4 also KO one of their own in the GF who has been forced into retirement?

• Sad 1

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Bye bye 2024, you were trash

Sending Trac all the positive healing vibes. I'd give you my spleen if I could!

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

The filth really have smashed us in the last couple of years.

Am actually genuinely afraid of what might happen in the last game of the season now; pestilence, plague, flood?

Will be interesting to see who steps up from here & how Goody re calibrates us back to 2017 status.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/23l-of-blood-internal-bleeding-misdiagnosis-rules-mason-cox-out-of-anzac-day/news-story/11f9b4605c2da8bfd23bfff8f86d1ba2?amp

just wondering why Collingwood’s medicos haven’t been subject to the same scrutiny for this.. very convenient 

Duh! Scrutiny of the Pies has been outlawed...

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

What a class act! A superb human being. All the best Trac, love ya!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Good luck Tracc, you are so brave and honourable take care you are so important to so many people.❤️💙😢

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Shane Zantuck would come in handy too.

Maybe a bit of whacko Jacko as well - Mark Jackson.  He might even be able to kick a goal or two before he's banned for life....

On a more serious note, wishing Trac a full recovery.  Hope he's still got his spleen though with the injury he's reportedly got, that might not be possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, roy11 said:

Most definitely, very little has gone right

🤔🤔 anything ?? 

• Like 1

WE must have some great medical staff who could not diagnose his condition was too serious to send him back on. If this was another club we would be screaming blue murder. We deserve all we get from the AFL. We literally put the guys life at risk. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 5
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

A lot of rubbish in this thread about our medical team.

and I hate the pies as much as anyone but Moore did not intend to injure trac.

Seriously. Some people need to get a grip. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 4
  • Sad 1

On 11/06/2024 at 10:32, dl4e said:

Take a look at the incident carefully and I don't think there is much doubt that Moore deliberately put his knee "hard" into tracs back.

Hard to tell. 

What I do know is that it was an unnecessary thing to do. I mean it was a spoil and not a specky. The knee wasn't giving him any altitude so I do wonder why he stuck it out.

People argue it's a footy act but imagine if everyone did it on every occasion. There wouldn't be too many players running about that's for sure so one has to wonder why he chose to put out his knee.

And nobody can argue that it was a casual affair.

I mean four busted ribs, a torn spleen and a hole in the blokes lung ....come on. That's a normal footy act? And Traccas a fairly solid build with a fair bit of muscle and mass around those injured parts. If Moore did that to someone like Bowey or McAdam he probably would have broken them in half.

All I'm saying is Moore is a big player at 220 odd pounds and over six feet six, he can do a lot of damage with those knees.

Ill concede that knees in the back happen and aren't illegal but Moore would have to be aware it's dangerous to do.

But if this happened on a regular basis and we saw these types of serious injuries every week, the AFL would have to do something.

So while it's technically legal, it's not exactly fair or sporting. Moore had nothing to gain in doing it and here we are with another Mfc player smashed by a pies one.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2