2024 Injury List

Whispering_Jack

Wow Turner has made a very quick recovery. I thought he had a leg injury not a hip injury? Either way, it's good news if he's only one week away as he covers the loss of Hore.

I am sure he will have to spend some time with Casey, but it's good news anyway.

Also is McAdams just permanently stuck on 2-4 weeks? Are they generating a new hamstring for him in a lab or what? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Wow Turner has made a very quick recovery. I thought he had a leg injury not a hip injury? Either way, it's good news if he's only one week away as he covers the loss of Hore.

I am sure he will have to spend some time with Casey, but it's good news anyway.

Also is McAdams just permanently stuck on 2-4 weeks? Are they generating a new hamstring for him in a lab or what? 

McAdam has come in from 3-5 to 2-4. Baby steps. 

Spargo’s stuck at 2-4 though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Last week he was 3-5 weeks so there's some movement.

He'll need a couple of weeks at Casey so he's still a way off

• Like 1

I was expecting Hore to be out due to ribs but has thumb fracture I didn’t spot that.???

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

"Shane McAdam continues to work through a hamstring injury, taking positive steps forward re-joining the main group.

“Shane is beginning to integrate into training with the team,” Griffith said.

“He’ll continue to train with the group as we build him into being available for selection in the coming weeks.”"

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Is it worth trialling Tommo as a fwd at Casey.

The defenders Tmac and Petty have done alright forward.

I'm just thinking if a tall defender like Tmac needs games off then Petty goes back.

If Bbbs is injured we are back with Schache. 

It would be nice to know if he can at least do it and not unrealistic about Tmac and Bbb. ( I so hope they will be ok).

I  think the Port game was the best game in two years for the two of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Is it worth trialling Tommo as a fwd at Casey.

The defenders Tmac and Petty have done alright forward.

I'm just thinking if a tall defender like Tmac needs games off then Petty goes back.

If Bbbs is injured we are back with Schache. 

It would be nice to know if he can at least do it and not unrealistic about Tmac and Bbb. ( I so hope they will be ok).

I  think the Port game was the best game in two years for the two of them.

LITB 

You have hit the answer right there if you leave Petty at FF.

Why move him for Tmac or Tommo or Schache. He will kick goals very soon as he is too good a player not too.

Only move him back for any cameos or if either May or lever are missed greatly.

Also Disco is available next round for Casey return. 

If it ain’t broke don’t try and fix it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 58er said:

LITB 

You have hit the answer right there if you leave Petty at FF.

Why move him for Tmac or Tommo or Schache. He will kick goals very soon as he is too good a player not too.

Only move him back for any cameos or if either May or lever are missed greatly.

Also Disco is available next round for Casey return. 

If it ain’t broke don’t try and fix it. 

Sorry 58 er you really confuse me.

I try to be patient.

I want Petty at Ff.

I'm not talking about changing anything 

I'm suggesting we trial Tommo for multiple replacement roles in case something happens to Tmac or Bbb which is quite likely. I suggest this because I'm not sure Schache is up for much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I'm suggesting we trial Tommo for multiple replacement roles in case something happens to Tmac or Bbb which is quite likely.

The depth player such as Laurie, Tomlinson etc should definitely be exposed to other positions at VFL level.

The reality of the modern squad is that you can't cover every position and develop players.

Can Tomlinson play forward. Probably not but worth looking at. He did play wing IIRC at GWS in a rather good side.

Laurie on the other hand is a perfect candidate for multiple roles. Could he have filled the Bowey role for example?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m convinced Shane McAdams is growing a new hamstring in a lab 

What sort of shocking condition did he come in from Adelaide where he was managed by Burgess? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Injury and Suspension List: Round 5  

Daniel Turner — hip / available   
Kysaiah Pickett  — suspended / 1 week *
Marty Hore — thumb / 2 - 3 weeks    
Shane McAdam — hamstring / 2 - 3 weeks      
Charlie Spargo — Achilles / 4 weeks    
Jake Bowey — shoulder / 5 - 6 weeks  
Jake Melksham — knee / 10 - 12 weeks      

* suspension under appeal

• Thanks 1

Bowey is now nearly 5 weeks from when he did his shoulder. An 8 week injury they said....

Yet he's still 5-6 weeks away?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Great news that Disco is back. Reckon he’s got a big future. 

Poor bugger has never had an injury free run.

Prior to the season he would have been next in line - now the resurrection of TMc and the reemergence of Hore has him way back in the queue 

Good luck Disco. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Bowey is now nearly 5 weeks from when he did his shoulder. An 8 week injury they said....

Yet he's still 5-6 weeks away?

It might be a case of  "don't believe everything you read"  jnr!

• Like 1