Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Conspiracy

Redleg

Everyone loves a conspiracy theory.

With Dunstall and Derwayne openly barracking for the Suns, it was interesting that every time they said there should have been a Suns free or an incorrect free was paid to the Dees, the incident was replayed a couple of times and dissected by the commentators.

However, contentious frees and goals paid to the Suns were totally ignored and no replay to show the incident/decision was seen.

I had absolutely no idea why several frees and resultant goal decisions were paid to the Suns.

How does this happen repeatedly in a game that is so heavily televised with multiple cameras?

How many times was the JVR spoil on  Ballard repeated?

It seemed to be extremely selective vision and replays.

Just a bit of fun for post game discussion, easier of course when you win.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3

Agree Red. I was also a little peeved at the commentary (vomitary) around the JVR incident and yet the Chol incident on Bowey was similar and only replayed once and no references re the tribunal etc.

Edited by grazman
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I muted the commentary in the 2nd quarter. Dunstall was painful to listen to and always barracks for the opposition against us. Dermie is the same when commentating on Dees games. What is it with those ex-Hawks and the Dees. They are definitely biased against us.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, BDA said:

What is it with those ex-Hawks and the Dees. They are definitely biased against us.

It relates back to 1990 when everyone’s favourite footy manager,the great Peter Rohde, and the unheralded Tony Campbell pantsed them in consecutive weeks in R22 and the the finals to keep them from winning a flag they thought was rightfully theirs.

I love that they hate us. It’s for all the right reasons and they can do f all about it. 

• Like 23
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Definitely the Kayo / Fox commentators especially Dunstall was barracking for the Suns.  Agree the replays highlighted our frees and issues.  I think given the 5 minutes stoppage for Ballard meant multiple replays.  Btw Chol should also be referred as a MRO incident.  Lucky Bowey wasn’t concussed and fell on his shoulder.  

• Like 3

I really hope Dunstall and Brereton are commentating the day we 187 the Hawks.

For the Suns game it really was obvious that a decision had been made to go into 'sell the game to wavering Suns supporters' mode.

I would guess that decision was made pre-game out of fear that it would be a hope-destroying blowout, and the market research is telling AFL HQ that the Suns' support base is becoming very tepid.

That's what happens when arrogant execs turn thought bubbles into $200m money furnaces and try to cover the problem by pressuring zero-integrity media to help 'manage the optics'.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

It relates back to 1990 when everyone’s favourite footy manager,the great Peter Rohde, and the unheralded Tony Campbell pantsed them in consecutive weeks in R22 and the the finals to keep them from winning a flag they thought was rightfully theirs.

I love that they hate us. It’s for all the right reasons and they can do f all about it. 

I'm a deep-state conspiracist myself. In the 60s the Hawks dethroned Melbourne when Percy Cerutty turned the Hawks into Kennedy's commandos. The Hawks then narrowly got past us in a '63 final (Barassi suspended) and that premiership marked an unbroken and unparalelled run of premierships for every decade since. Meanwhile Melbourne fell apart under the weight of its hubris only to wipe the smile off the Hawks' faces as stated by Slartibartfast. Now in 2023 the tables are totally reversed. We are the no 1 act in town and The Two Poos have sunk to the bottom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Singa said:

I wish you could mute the commentary and just listen to the sounds of the game/crowd. Fox commentary is terrible. 

Even now channel 7 pipe in crowd noise for low-attendance matches, like they did during COVID lockdown. Better off making your own noise like when playing backyard footy as kids.

It certainly happened was waiting for a replay a couple of times and was never shown. They also at one stage were trying to put Grundy under the microscope for a dangerous tackle but when they replayed that nothing to see here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In the 3rd quarter the suns got 3 free kicks in front of goal, one to Ellis and 2 to King, all resulting in goals, and they didn’t show the replay of the incident once.

Theres a clear mandate by both broadcasters not to show free kicks being paid in front of goal. That they don’t think we are aware of it is embarrassing. There’s an average of 27 seconds to show a replay of an incident before a shot for goal. The only logical conclusion is that they are trying to protect the umpires.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

43 minutes ago, Singa said:

I wish you could mute the commentary and just listen to the sounds of the game/crowd. Fox commentary is terrible. 

You can...   turn off tv sound... 

Find some generic background noise on utube or similar.( phone ) 

I just watch in the quiet.🤷

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

Commentators live for punting home the underdog. When we were rubbish opposition fans complained about the same thing in our games.

Not completely correct. It was what is wrong at Melb, how bad we are, and bruise free, and no one will go there, etc etc, ad nauseum.

• Like 2

The commentators know that they are scum, they know what they are doing, and i think it's tied to a couple of issues. 

They know that MFC Football Club want a Home Premiership. What that means come the end of September, they will all have to come and bow down to the MFC.

I don't want to put the spotlight on anyone, but i think we have playing, some individuals that are not " in their mould type" sport people. I guess you can figure out who i am talking about, and their show did the trick.

7 minutes ago, Willmoy1947 said:

The commentators know that they are scum, they know what they are doing, and i think it's tied to a couple of issues. 

I think it's more like "you've got your flag, now can you just go quietly into the night like good minnows so the traditional big clubs can get back into the limelight."

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, BDA said:

I muted the commentary in the 2nd quarter. Dunstall was painful to listen to and always barracks for the opposition against us. Dermie is the same when commentating on Dees games. What is it with those ex-Hawks and the Dees. They are definitely biased against us.

Well if that is the case I hope all the demon hater ex Hawkscum reporters have got the gig next week to provide commentary on our game.  
To add to the atmosphere I hope that their footy department is in full Hawktank mode for that game.  I will be there to see us smash the poo and pee and get some serious percentage boost.  
Then I’ll rush home to listen to the commentary up loud so as to not miss one bit of their whining and whinging.  

Edited by Wodjathefirst
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Everyone loves a conspiracy theory.

With Dunstall and Derwayne openly barracking for the Suns, it was interesting that every time they said there should have been a Suns free or an incorrect free was paid to the Dees, the incident was replayed a couple of times and dissected by the commentators.

However, contentious frees and goals paid to the Suns were totally ignored and no replay to show the incident/decision was seen.

I had absolutely no idea why several frees and resultant goal decisions were paid to the Suns.

How does this happen repeatedly in a game that is so heavily televised with multiple cameras?

How many times was the JVR spoil on  Ballard repeated?

It seemed to be extremely selective vision and replays.

Just a bit of fun for post game discussion, easier of course when you win.

Far more important to show vision of Ben King's goals from 3 weeks ago than to show a replay of the free kick which led to his goals last night 🙄

• Like 9
  • Shocked 1

Honestly I can't believe the absolute muppets on other boards (BigFooty) and social media claiming the Suns were robbed by the umps last night. Watching the game I thought we were getting a raw deal and got a couple back at the end. Suns were unlucky with a couple but seriously they wouldn't have been close if the umps didn't gift them a bunch of goals in the 3rd.

I feel like I'm not one-eyed either, last week I thought we were looked after by the umps, North were pretty hard done by (not that it would have made a difference). I thought we were lucky not to get the whistle blown against us a couple of times in the final quarter last night but for the first 3 quarters we were pretty bloody stiff.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Far more important to show vision of Ben King's goals from 3 weeks ago than to show a replay of the free kick which led to his goals last night 🙄

This drove me insane. It’s such an obvious distraction.

• Like 4

Commentators will always barrack for the underdogs. As a neutral supporter you also want to see the lower sides beat the top sides. It’s natural. 

However the JVR needing to be suspended campaign is putrid. Just a [censored] take. 

• Like 7