Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

On 5/5/2022 at 8:26 PM, Deedubs said:

If Jackson signs for 2-3 years it means he doesn't want to stay with us long term. Or at the least he is sitting on the fence.  If he wants to stay long term why wouldn't we sign him up to a 5-8 year contract? This is what I don't get. 

if he signs for 2-3 years, it's basically confirming that he wants to go back to WA at some point. 

To retire after footy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In his press conf Goodwin said he expected "...something will be done in the not to distant future...."

I look forward to updating the 'Contracts' thread.🙃

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

In his press conf Goodwin said he expected "...something will be done in the not to distant future...."

I look forward to updating the 'Contracts' thread.🙃

Would love to announce it as we get ready to play WC in Perth. Long term deal would be even better #hesnotcoming

• Like 7

On 5/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, Go the Biff said:

Where did he say top players ? He just said players. Jesus, learn to read

Aren't I allowed to make a statement defining what type of players I think might be off our list for next year.  With no specific type mentioned I am clarifying I don't foresee any / or hardly any of our STARS.

So far our handling of all our players ( after a couple of overpayments in hindsight ) contracts has been both responsible concurrently looking towards the future. 

To make a bland statement that we will have list changes ( I suspect the inference is that it is due to salary cap tightness) on its own is ok but we always do have list alterations 

My statement was more about the situation that we won't be needing to lose numbers of vital and talented players willingly under this Board  and its sensible process of recent times. 

1 hour ago, 58er said:

Aren't I allowed to make a statement defining what type of players I think might be off our list for next year.  With no specific type mentioned I am clarifying I don't foresee any / or hardly any of our STARS.

So far our handling of all our players ( after a couple of overpayments in hindsight ) contracts has been both responsible concurrently looking towards the future. 

To make a bland statement that we will have list changes ( I suspect the inference is that it is due to salary cap tightness) on its own is ok but we always do have list alterations 

My statement was more about the situation that we won't be needing to lose numbers of vital and talented players willingly under this Board  and its sensible process of recent times. 

Say what you like mate. I really don'rt GAF. Just don't misquote other posters to make your point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go the Biff said:

Say what you like mate. I really don'rt GAF. Just don't misquote other posters to make your point

That's what  I have just pointed out that I didn't misquote him. But he made a general statement which you can't see could be intimating we  will or might have lots of  players traded or moved on'!!  Ie. lots of changes on list he said.

I disagreed and stated that I believe we won't lose any stars and that we have some changes  each year eg Hibbo is a good chance but no stars will be off the list.

Its you that are not interpreting some  number of potential moves he is forecasting for the end of season.

I am simply stating that IMO it won't be many and certainly not stars which I am quite entitled to state snd in doing so disagree!!

On 5/7/2022 at 2:13 AM, willmoy said:

To retire after footy...

Look, most players play / sign for 2 year deals especially if they are in their younger years, why would they not ?? Gives them time to improve and warrant a higher Contract base. 

Melbourne Demons Player Contracts Out of Contract AFL Players  

Name Final Year Years Service* Status
 Adam Tomlinson 2024 5 Non-Free Agent
 Alex Neal-Bullen 2023 9 Restricted Free Agent
 Andy Moniz-Wakefield 2023 2 Non-Free Agent
 Angus Brayshaw 2022 8 Restricted Free Agent
 Bailey Laurie 2022 2 Non-Free Agent
 Bayley Fritsch 2026 9 Restricted Free Agent
 Ben Brown 2024 4 Non-Free Agent
 Blake Howes 2023 2 Non-Free Agent
 Charlie Spargo 2022 5 Non-Free Agent
 Christian Petracca 2029 15 Unrestricted Free Agent
 Christian Salem 2026 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
 Clayton Oliver 2023 8 Restricted Free Agent
 Daniel Turner 2022 2 Non-Free Agent
 Deakyn Smith 2022 2 Non-Free Agent
 Ed Langdon 2024 5 Non-Free Agent
 Fraser Rosman 2022 2 Non-Free Agent
 Harrison Petty 2025 8 Restricted Free Agent
 Jack Viney 2025 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
 Jacob Van Rooyen 2023 2 Non-Free Agent
 Jake Bowey 2024 4 Non-Free Agent
 Jake Lever 2024 7 Non-Free Agent
 Jake Melksham 2022 7 Non-Free Agent
 James Harmes 2024 11 Unrestricted Free Agent
 James Jordon 2023 5 Non-Free Agent
 Jayden Hunt 2022 9 Restricted Free Agent
 Joel Smith 2022 7 Non-Free Agent
 Judd McVee 2022 1 Non-Free Agent
 Kade Chandler 2022 4 Non-Free Agent
 Kysaiah Pickett 2023 4 Non-Free Agent
 Luke Dunstan 2023 2 Non-Free Agent
 Luke Jackson 2022 3 Non-Free Agent
 Majak Daw 2022 2 Non-Free Agent
 Max Gawn 2025 16 Unrestricted Free Agent
 Michael Hibberd 2022 6 Non-Free Agent
 Mitchell Brown 2022 3 Non-Free Agent
 Oskar Baker 2022 5 Non-Free Agent
 Sam Weideman 2023 8 Restricted Free Agent
 Steven May 2023 5 Non-Free Agent
 Taj Woewodin 2023 2 Non-Free Agent
 Toby Bedford 2022 4 Non-Free Agent
 Tom McDonald 2024 14 Unrestricted Free Agent
 Tom Sparrow 2024 6 Non-Free Agent
 Trent Rivers 2023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 58er said:

That's what  I have just pointed out that I didn't misquote him. But he made a general statement which you can't see could be intimating we  will or might have lots of  players traded or moved on'!!  Ie. lots of changes on list he said.

I disagreed and stated that I believe we won't lose any stars and that we have some changes  each year eg Hibbo is a good chance but no stars will be off the list.

Its you that are not interpreting some  number of potential moves he is forecasting for the end of season.

I am simply stating that IMO it won't be many and certainly not stars which I am quite entitled to state snd in doing so disagree!!

Hey Deeluded, calm down mate. Yes they stated the obvious, you were wrong to put words in his/her mouth, you are not being attacked, and finally, why are you using a new name?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, 58er said:

That's what  I have just pointed out that I didn't misquote him. But he made a general statement which you can't see could be intimating we  will or might have lots of  players traded or moved on'!!  Ie. lots of changes on list he said

Yeah, you did. And you just did again.

The sum total of the post made by @Beetle was "Players will be offloaded at years end". That's it. No mention of top players or any others for that matter. That was all you misquoting him.

I'm done with this. Suggest you take some time to sharpen up the old reading & comprehension skills. Perhaps if you weren't in such a rush to pump out your own drivel you might actually take the time to absorb what you're responding to.

Y'all have a nice day now 😄

15 hours ago, rjay said:

I think the contract talk is now taking a bit of a toll on Jacksons game...

Time for him to sign on and get his mind back on the job.

Yep. It's not like he just had COVID or anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, praha said:

Yep. It's not like he just had COVID or anything.

I know they're professional athletes and much fitter than me, but the first time I went for a run after having the 'VID I was struggling big time and extremely slow compared to my usual pace. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rpfc said:

Hey Deeluded, calm down mate. Yes they stated the obvious, you were wrong to put words in his/her mouth, you are not being attacked, and finally, why are you using a new name?

Hmm similar content but distinct lack of font size and colour changes. I'm not sure 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I fear that if he gets the money that has been rumored we will lose players. My opinion is he is a second string ruckman the best in the comp at it but still a second string ruckman, Weid could do his job. Give me Brayshaw's signature over Jackson's any day far more important player. If Jackson wants to chase money let him go to West Coast or Freo.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 3

14 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I fear that if he gets the money that has been rumored we will lose players. My opinion is he is a second string ruckman the best in the comp at it but still a second string ruckman, Weid could do his job. Give me Brayshaw's signature over Jackson's any day far more important player. If Jackson wants to chase money let him go to West Coast or Freo.

With respect you have to compare apples with apples.

Jackson is a second year player and you are comparing him to The Weid ? and to Brayshaw who has years more experience that him.  Give him a fair go please...!!!!

• Like 3

Jackson is very important to our structure,  look at our game against Hawks when he didn't play.  there were long periods of time where we struggled to get it past our half back line.  Jackson is usually there as a bail out kick.   Weid is just not as effective.

And the other reason we need to sign him is Max is 30, and Majak is 31, ruckmen take so long to develop and we have one that is good now and untapped still.  

Agree we can't break the bank, but we will have to pay much higher than most 3rd year ruckmen have ever got.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Jackson is a luxury that we won’t need until Gawn is done 3 years from now. But when that happens the outlay to get a star ruckman and one of the 15 best players in the comp would be ridiculous.

If he stays it will be within our cap framework. I am sure his agent would be pushing for more but Jackson himself would have Gawn and co in his ear saying what they have done to keep the band together. The fact that Petracca will average $900k through his prime is stunning.

Oh, and lastly, you don’t let players like this go. Kids a unicorn.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Ridiculous question not even worth debating. It's an overrated call not a real smart call at all. 

Just  the same as during 2019 and 2020 some D/Lers we're championing at some stages to trade either Clarry ( we won't miss him !!!) or Trac ( He is  not performing  as the sort of player he should be !!). 

Two  years on and a drought breaking flag and 35 and a half wins and only 7 losses from Round 8, 2020 our last 43 games and retaining our Coach (with extra support) shows you don't give up any thing that you don't need to in this brutal competition. That's over 80% win ratio and challenging our all conquering glory days teams between 1954 and 1964. 

So much so we are on the track and cusp of starting to challenge the feats  of Smithy's Invincibles.

Star quality is oozing out of every inch if Doggas DNA and fora 20 YO is playing a role far in excess of his years. 

Your comparison with him and Weid is exactly the reason for retaining Jacko because he is value in so many ways to our team. While I believe Sam is a much improving player still with potential and is the ideal replacement for LJ or BBB or T Mac this only goes to show how freaky drafting is in this competition.

Patience and a cool head and good development in coaching are necessary qualities which we are now benefiting from not throwing our potential  babies out with the bath water, because we can't sort  out our payments to all our stars. 

Some of those  D/Lers don't even post now through embarrassment and on the subject of water accused many on our list of drinking too much of our own bath water after 2018. 

Our success is very grounded humble and respectful and appears as sustainable  as our  form has over  the last 2 years snd into the future.

No need to panic Werridee Dogga  will be  and should be one of the first selected in our team for years irrespective of your "best" teams which are like mine and everyone else's only on paper up for debate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 58er said:

Ridiculous question not even worth debating. It's an overrated call not a real smart call at all. 

Just  the same as during 2019 and 2020 some D/Lers we're championing at some stages to trade either Clarry ( we won't miss him !!!) or Trac ( He is  not performing  as the sort of player he should be !!). 

Two  years on and a drought breaking flag and 35 and a half wins and only 7 losses from Round 8, 2020 our last 43 games and retaining our Coach (with extra support) shows you don't give up any thing that you don't need to in this brutal competition. That's over 80% win ratio and challenging our all conquering glory days teams between 1954 and 1964. 

So much so we are on the track and cusp of starting to challenge the feats  of Smithy's Invincibles.

Star quality is oozing out of every inch if Doggas DNA and fora 20 YO is playing a role far in excess of his years. 

Your comparison with him and Weid is exactly the reason for retaining Jacko because he is value in so many ways to our team. While I believe Sam is a much improving player still with potential and is the ideal replacement for LJ or BBB or T Mac this only goes to show how freaky drafting is in this competition.

Patience and a cool head and good development in coaching are necessary qualities which we are now benefiting from not throwing our potential  babies out with the bath water, because we can't sort  out our payments to all our stars. 

Some of those  D/Lers don't even post now through embarrassment and on the subject of water accused many on our list of drinking too much of our own bath water after 2018. 

Our success is very grounded humble and respectful and appears as sustainable  as our  form has over  the last 2 years snd into the future.

No need to panic Werridee Dogga  will be  and should be one of the first selected in our team for years irrespective of your "best" teams which are like mine and everyone else's only on paper up for debate. 

You opened with "Ridiculous question not even worth debating." Then debated it for nine long paragraphs. So is it worth debating or not? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8