Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2022 membership packages

M_9

Great initiative by the club on a number of fronts:

• hit members whilst we're on a high
  • no price rise - unlike at least two other clubs (Dogs, Tigers) who increased or downgraded membership packages following their premiership (not that we've won a flag recently)
  • the option (which I took up) to donate the membership package back to the club. I've recently taken a dozen scarves to the Salvos.

I mentioned in another thread how the Bulldogs alienated a very significant number of their members in relation to point 2 above.
Dogs membership climbed by 9k after their flag win, but then only 6k in the next 4 years. And that includes their introduction of a  Ballarat 2-game membership. 

• Like 1

Premiership Merchandising is big money.

Tigers in 2017 got around 3 times what the Buldogs pulled in after their win in 2016.

I'd pay good money for a replay with alternate commentary and analysis by the coach and players. Like the extras that often came with DVD's.

Let's hope that I'm still interested come Monday

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Pert is ticking a lot of boxes! 

His comments on the Deeland pod were incredible, expecting a $4m profit this year prior to Queens Birthday and NT games, we then expected to break even but with this finals run could be up to $1.5m profit. 

His comments re he would have expected us to get close to 70k members based on this finals run pre the covid lock downs I’m not sure of but I love the thought we could be hitting those great heights.

Great idea to go early on next years memberships and keep pricing as is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cards13 said:

His comments on the Deeland pod were incredible, expecting a $4m profit this year prior to Queens Birthday and NT games, we then expected to break even but with this finals run could be up to $1.5m profit. 

His comments re he would have expected us to get close to 70k members based on this finals run pre the covid lock downs I’m not sure of but I love the thought we could be hitting those great heights.

He said 60k-65k without COVID lockdowns this year and then if we win the flag he expects 70k-75k next year. Definitely possible.

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritishDemonFan said:

I’m pretty new to the world of Demon memberships so apologies if this is common knowledge however I’m wondering if there is an overseas membership option, or something similar, as I would definitely be interested in purchasing one next year if they exist?

I think we have an armchair membership which doesn’t get you access to games so is not too expensive and you must get some merchandise with it. 
I suggest sending the membership department an email. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I think we have an armchair membership which doesn’t get you access to games so is not too expensive and you must get some merchandise with it. 

I'm pretty sure it also includes the watchAFL app so you can watch all footy games overseas

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Premiership Merchandising is big money.

Tigers in 2017 got around 3 times what the Buldogs pulled in after their win in 2016.

I'd pay good money for a replay with alternate commentary and analysis by the coach and players. Like the extras that often came with DVD's.

Let's hope that I'm still interested come Monday

That's a fantastic idea.

Wonder is anyone has ever thought of this at AFL headquarters?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cards13 said:

With the right result on Saturday, we could very well go from small-medium club to big club over night. 😵

• Love 1

Regardless of what happens on the weekend I’ll be upgrading my membership for 2022. Only ever had a 5 gamer since I’m in gippsland, but I’ll be going for the all Melbourne based games membership for the new year and make the trip down 

• Like 3

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2021/09/21/letter-to-storm-members/

If it is good enough for the best run sporting club in the country to be rewarding it's loyal members with free memberships, other clubs should be lifting their game also.

I'm not saying that MFC memberships should be free, but the cost of reserved seats and other add ons that weren't used the last two years should definitely be waived for next season.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

My membership rolls over looking forward to it. Might upgrade but the last time I did that it was a disaster 2019.

Our three also Werridee, I didn’t realise how much I loved going to the footy until it was taken away again this year when we are finally the Best side playing. Jeezz we just had an earth tremor can you believe that.!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

That’s all memberships at present Jaded. This year mine was used  from the lounge room and often on my laptop. I have a horrible feeling 2022 will be the same. I have for decades considered  my membership a charitable donation but really has been the last two years. Not unhappy about it, win or lose on Saturday we are back as a power team and that is all I have wanted for the last 20 years. 

• Like 2

Think it's a great idea. Need to capitalise on it regardless, have seen quite a few clubs over the years including up and coming teams in other codes trying to promote themselves fail to take advantage of these moments and start membership drives too late. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking at my 2022 options and really wanted to get something in the Olympic stand as that is where the fans seem to congregate. However everything seems to be sold out on level 2 reserved seating. 

I’m looking now at Trident level for me and my son in the southern stand just on the HF flank. Never watched a game from there but managed to get this Virtual view generated online. Seems pretty good but not sure how immersed well be with other Dees fans on this side of the ground. 

my son wants ground level (10yo) so he can be closer to the action but I told him it’s not as good to watch the game unfold and you end up watching the game in the screen.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CYB said:

I’m looking at my 2022 options and really wanted to get something in the Olympic stand as that is where the fans seem to congregate. However everything seems to be sold out on level 2 reserved seating. 

I’m looking now at Trident level for me and my son in the southern stand just on the HF flank. Never watched a game from there but managed to get this Virtual view generated online. Seems pretty good but not sure how immersed well be with other Dees fans on this side of the ground. 

my son wants ground level (10yo) so he can be closer to the action but I told him it’s not as good to watch the game unfold and you end up watching the game in the screen.

Redlegs are behind the goals level 2 and they’re recently introduced level 2a (previously if you had guests from the opposition club you were required to go to 2a). 
There are two types of Redleg memberships available on level 2. Reserved seats / non reserved, the reserved are all sold out but during the week the club called me and I was able to upgrade a second membership (general admission) I had only purchased days earlier to another Redleg non reserved seat. I personally find the non reserved a better option because you may not like who you’re sitting next to or you can move depending on the weather between four bays on level 2. There is a big screen to the right for when the ball goes up the other end of the ground.

In short I’d ring the club and not take what on the website for granted as when they rang me they were going through waiting lists and presenting me with different options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CYB said:

It's the end with the Dee Army so I don't think you need to worry about how good the experience is.

We're Redleg members ( Level 2) on auto renew but Ive been on a wait list to try and move our seats. I wont go into why and it's not because our current seats aren't any good. One of the membership team rang me Thursday afternoon  to tell me no good on the move, in fact there was only one un-allocated seat left in the Redleg area. So my advice would be; get in quick. The Trident Membership obviously comes with a GF guarantee but if you're trying to sell it to your young fella, you also get access to the Hassett and Ryder rooms (in the Redleg area) and most match days one or two of the non playing players will come over to the Hassett room and have a chat and do photos. Mrs Dw has a large amount of photos with eg May, Daw, Jetta etc. I've had some nice conversations  with Jetta as well.

Edited by dworship
Spellin
  • Like 2