• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

Rumour only file ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so getting back to footy... This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players. Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been mak

Updated info for those interested :) if not please ignore.  A few clubs have come knocking about Angus Brayshaw again, nothing doing at this stage, but watch this space. they've also asked abo

For those interested I am hearing that we’d be very keen to have a chat to Adam treloar. If the pies are willing to pay a decent chunk of his salary we’d see him as a fit on the opposite wing to Langd

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, 58er said:

Polly and Kent 

yes Locky is the small replacement IMO and Rivers  our major running half back Or Salem snd Hibbo can do that also. ( I prefer Salem on wing or up forward to maximise his disposal and elite kicking skills.  Maybe Hunt or Smith are also able to be used for run and carry when given an opportunity Down back.

Our defence still can be better but May Lever Tomlinson and Petty ( prefer up forward ) even Mitch  Brown if retained can Play the big role. Hire IMO is a Lever clone fir the intercepting duties!

Marty Hore is also a player who can play on talls and smalls. Missed all 2020 with injuries but was a shining light in a poor 2019

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

Marty Hore is also a player who can play on talls and smalls. Missed all 2020 with injuries but was a shining light in a poor 2019

Sorry I typed Hire not Hore in the final two sentences. However My take on Hire is he is not quick or nimble fir smalls and too light fir most talls that's why he is Levers interceptor clone mainly! 

• Like 1
On 11/6/2020 at 4:34 PM, Nascent said:

Pretty sure there's a drug for that as well

For empathy? Think you mean ecstasy... 🤪

fwiw ANB, Petty and Sparrow are all from SA.

Wouldn't like to lose Petty for a variety of reasons but none will be the difference of winning a flag in the next few years so all tradeable.

If anything comes of a trade with Adelaide hope we drive as hard a deal as they did with Lever.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Wouldn't like to lose Petty for a variety of reasons but none will be the difference of winning a flag in the next few years so all tradeable.

If anything comes of a trade with Adelaide hope we drive as hard a deal as they did with Lever.

True, though Sparrow signed an extension only a few weeks ago and Petty (who is also contracted) won our best young player award in the B&F last year, so unless we're getting something substantial, I can't see us trading either.

4 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

True, though Sparrow signed an extension only a few weeks ago and Petty (who is also contracted) won our best young player award in the B&F last year, so unless we're getting something substantial, I can't see us trading either.

Petty is our best one grab marking key forward atm and a future regular best 22 player. Big, strong, young and talented, why on earth would we even consider moving him on. 

• Like 13
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

I was answering a poster's question as to who we had from SA that Adelaide might be chasing.  

And as I said I wouldn't want to lose Petty but do we have more than a handful of players who are 'untradeable'?

Winning awards, being in contract or in the leadership group is no barrier to being traded:  Dunkley (premiership player, VC), Stevenson (won Rising Star), TMcDonald (ex leadership group), Hogan (won rising star) etc etc etc  There may be other reasons such players get traded but their achievements aren't a barrier.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

17 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I was answering a poster's question as to who we had from SA that Adelaide might be chasing.  

And as I said I wouldn't want to lose Petty but do we have more than a handful of players who are 'untradeable'?

Winning awards, being in contract or in the leadership group is no barrier to being traded:  Dunkley (premiership player, VC), Stevenson (won Rising Star), TMcDonald (ex leadership group), Hogan (won rising star) etc etc etc  There may be other reasons such players get traded but their achievements aren't a barrier.

Agree, we're certainly at a point where the saying of no one player is untradeable is true. All I was getting at is the fact Petty is contacted and has won thataward would suggest that in the unlikely event that we did trade him, we'd get something significant back you would imagine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Steve May, Ryan Griffen, captains....

Edited by deanox
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, reynolds46 said:

Fairly sure Petty just signed up for another 2 years 

Contracted through to the end of 2022 according to @Lucifer's Hero's latest update.

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Petty is our best one grab marking key forward atm and a future regular best 22 player. Big, strong, young and talented, why on earth would we even consider moving him on. 

Agree that he's an important part of out spine moving forward. However with B.Brown, Weideman and Jackson as our KPF stocks I think Petty slots in as a KPB.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, adonski said:

Brayshaw as our 5th mid would be a disaster. He would have 78% bench time. We'd be better off trading him.

Good teams that are well coached are not put off by midfield depth. Like actually good depth as opposed to what some on here consider ‘depth’...

If Goodwin can’t work it out, Adem Y should get a go late 2021. 

No time for screwing around - we have never had in my lifetime such midfield talent - to squander it or to trade it away because of ‘fit’ is absurd.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Good teams that are well coached are not put off by midfield depth. Like actually good depth as opposed to what some on here consider ‘depth’...

No time for screwing around - we have never had in my lifetime such midfield talent - to squander it or to trade it away because of ‘fit’ is absurd.

I rate Gus but get the feeling he's been Dom Tyson'd. Cash the chips in while you can!

17 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Exactly. There is no need to trade any of our midfielders. Getting rid of Brayshaw would be stupidity of the highest order.

• Like 6

Moonshadow lingers in the showers at public swimming facilities and never actually swims.

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Travy14 said:

Harmes and ANB are both South Aussies and the right age bracket for the crows

harmes, really?

Harmes was raised in Devon Meadows, Victoria and attended both Hillcrest Christian College and Hallam Senior College for secondary school.[1] He played his junior football with the Devon Meadows Football Club, including eight senior games when he was sixteen years of age.[1] He was recruited by the Dandenong Stingrays in 2012 to play in the TAC Cup as a bottom-aged player and played six games for the season.[2] He received mid-year state honours in 2013 by representing Victoria Country at the AFL Under 18 Championships and played two matches.[3] He spent the majority of his final junior year playing for the Dandenong Stingrays, including the grand final loss to the Eastern Ranges,[4] in addition he received the most determined award.[5]

On 11/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, A F said:

Good post. I like this. I'd hold Viney forward and get him to attend forward stoppages and play pressure forward otherwise.

I think we can get this balance right.

I like the sound of this post, complemented by the previous post from AF on 7th Nov. It makes very good sense and as such, provides an improved pathway for Harmes as a utility/forward/mid rotating with Petracca. Viney as a pressure forward is the way to go, as well - out of the centre, into the hot zone. All complements well, I'd say. Releases same-team midline congestion, as well as grunt and pace where critical. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Biffen said:

Moonshadow lingers in the showers at public swimming facilities and never actually swims.

Since pools have been closed for the better part of a year, I'm calling out your rumour as:

FAKE NEWS!!!!

We desperately need a post response like this

unnamed (1).gif

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
9 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

And Viney

• Thanks 1