GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

2 minutes ago, Kelpien said:

FFS. We have 1, read 1, Injury. 

Goodwin can’t survive this year as Coach. 

I've never heard a club hide behind injuries as much as we did last season. What's their excuse going to be in 2020?

Edited by Watts the matter
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Radar Detector said:

Putrid doesn’t feel like a negative enough word to describe this performance. Any suggestions?

Bereft, soul-destroying...................fraudulent

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Travis said:

Is Goodwin still at the ground? Has he been in the bog taking a [censored] for the last 90 minutes? What is going on?! Do something you pelican!

What do you expect him to do?

He's got Fritsch on a wing, Viney in the forward line, TMac higher up the ground.

What do you want?

It's systemic change from him we need, not gameday flipping of magnets.

• Like 1

Just now, Ungarieboy said:

Wow, Adelaide have a game to look forward to.

Has a winless team ever started favourite?

I actually have a feeling a winless GWS team years ago were favourites against us in the Neeld years 

5 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Goodwin’s made a move - to the bench

Kazakhstan would be better.

• Haha 2

Just now, drdrake said:

I actually think Sparrow is going OK. Lever is our best, no point pointing finger at forward line that last passage was the only clean ball inside 50 tonight

Goodwin will hang his hat on that play as being the Melbourne Way. 

You can’t just do that once. Do it for 4 quarters Goodwin or go home with the Port players. 

We need a coach that knows what he’s doing and can put a rocket up the players. 

1 minute ago, GCDee said:

He was great before his ACL with us... But geese he is too slow to play on a small, to weak to play on the big boys. If he isn't intercept marking he is a liability 

he wasn't even that good. He just guarded grass at adelaide

15 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

This is one of those teams that constantly seems to be a thorn in our side. It’s time to make a statement and to bloody their noses (metaphorically of course).

Ha ha.!

Ha ha this is like our best side! 

Same [censored]. Running under the ball. Missed short handballs poor turnovers lazy mids no system 4 around the ball

Crap umpiring

Pack your bags Goodwin [censored] hopeless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Is Goodwin still at the ground? Has he been in the bog taking a [censored] for the last 90 minutes? What is going on?! Do something you pelican!

Ken is in the one next to him rubbing one out. 

• Haha 1

Our percentage actually meant we were still a chance, even if we lost tonight. So much for that!

I’ve got low standards, but this is one of the most pathetic performances I’ve seen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AC/DeeC said:

Tell me why I should keep believing in us. Please. Surely we as supporters need to stick together through thick and thin. But we all need to know that we are not alone - that we hold true to something that we have stuck to, thick and thin for decades. is it a delusional idea to be believe in a Melbourne Premiership in our lifetimes or is it best to give up and play tiddly winks instead. I certainly vote for the former. The game's not over but I hear the fat lady singing...what is the name of that song?

You're a young fella aren't you?

We've had a couple of false dawns in almost 6 decades. Don't waste your time. The Hawks will have a full rebuild and start winning multiple flags again before our blokes realise we have a coach who is taking us backwards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, binman said:

Any chance we might switch?

Haven't looked to do it all night.

Complete lack of work rate the entire game.

The most hollow I've felt since the West Coast game. Thank goodness I've got Demonland for my mental health.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

Bereft, soul-destroying...................fraudulent

Fraudulent is a good word for this. Our club. Our coach. Our supposed culture.

• Like 2

Just now, Kelpien said:

Goodwin will hang his hat on that play as being the Melbourne Way. 

You can’t just do that once. Do it for 4 quarters Goodwin or go home with the Port players. 

We need a coach that knows what he’s doing and can put a rocket up the players. 

This is exactly the issue, we have to win contested ball to win the game. Every other club has different methods. Embarrassing.