Ethan Tremblay

Will you renew your membership in 2020?

POLL  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

I am on automatic renew.  I will continue as a member because I am currently plagued by the current inertia affecting the team and too listless to make the effort to resign.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes but will be cancelling the gf guarantee. Times like these makes moments like last year that little bit sweeter. 

• Thanks 1

Yep. Hopefully all the drop offs will make it easier to get decent Grand Final tickets 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, america de cali said:

I am on automatic renew.  I will continue as a member because I am currently plagued by the current inertia affecting the team and too listless to make the effort to resign.

I am exactly the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit, they are making it bloody hard. Barely went to any games this year and interest in footy has dropped to an all time low.

They have a hell of a lot of work to do.

To be honest im 50/50.

• Like 2

The thought of not renewing has never crossed my mind.

My husband, daughter and dog will also get their membership renewed again. My parents and grandparents would roll over in their graves if I ever stopped being a member of the MFC. I think I would be haunted forever.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

A bad season and you jump off, what a fickle bunch we are. 

Stay strong, the sun will come up tomorrow and the pre-season training reports will get you excited again. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Normally I renew without question, and even up until a month ago I would have said of course yes.

But now I'm a wait-and-see. If the decisions made are promising, the offensive spin coming from the club ends, and we come to play in the preseason then yes.

Otherwise, if we have a good run a third of the way through the season I may consider a three game membership.

Watching on TV until it becomes clear the players actually care.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i have three - one afl members in my name, one in my wife's, and the 23+ year legacy membership which i renew as my 'donation' to the club

and yes, i'll have all three next year please

almost took the kids out afl silver memberships this year...decided against it before the season started...

Edited by whatwhatsaywhat
  • Like 4

*hit yeah and Mrs W.

Rusted on and people are way over reacting, not helped by the media spin.

"Is it the truth or did you read it in the Herald Sun"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 + plus year member, life time supporter and third generation Demon. 

The club lost its football soul when it sacked Norm Smith and it has never recovered it. 

Swooper Northey , The Reverend and to a lesser extent Balmy nearly recovered it.

Last years finals were fun, but unfortunately, we have slipped back to being an irrelevant football club , not a real football club.

We all know it and are in denial, No culture of winning since 1964 , no ruthless true  football soul, poor on field leadership and a lack of real passion. Even North and Essendon can recover from last weeks debacle , we cant because no one really cares enough. Sorry but this is the truth and the only clubs that we can compare ourselves with are GWS, GC and Fremantle. Even St. Kilda has more football soul but they are just perennial losers.  

We have always fallen victim to the Establishment, Private School Image in our leadership and that was the reason Norm Smith got sacked. The cycle can only be broken with an extremely strong leadership group and at the moment we don't have that and I cant see anything on the horizon. Last Year I dared to dream with Jackson and Goodwin and Co, the Pert appointment destroyed that and Goodwin has been thrown to the wolves. 

More pain ahead, Membership is a donation for hope (Don't hold your breath).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sweetman said:

20 + plus year member, life time supporter and third generation Demon. 

The club lost its football soul when it sacked Norm Smith and it has never recovered it. 

Swooper Northey , The Reverend and to a lesser extent Balmy nearly recovered it.

Last years finals were fun, but unfortunately, we have slipped back to being an irrelevant football club , not a real football club.

We all know it and are in denial, No culture of winning since 1964 , no ruthless true  football soul, poor on field leadership and a lack of real passion. Even North and Essendon can recover from last weeks debacle , we cant because no one really cares enough. Sorry but this is the truth and the only clubs that we can compare ourselves with are GWS, GC and Fremantle. Even St. Kilda has more football soul but they are just perennial losers.  

We have always fallen victim to the Establishment, Private School Image in our leadership and that was the reason Norm Smith got sacked. The cycle can only be broken with an extremely strong leadership group and at the moment we don't have that and I cant see anything on the horizon. Last Year I dared to dream with Jackson and Goodwin and Co, the Pert appointment destroyed that and Goodwin has been thrown to the wolves. 

More pain ahead, Membership is a donation for hope (Don't hold your breath).

Sooo that's a yes?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dworship said:

Sooo that's a yes?

No it means I don't care any more. I may donate I may not.

• Like 1

For sure. We have the best list we’ve had in 12 years. When Gus Clarry Trac etc are all 25-30yo we will be a force. Just need our coaching and maybe admin to get its [censored] together. 

Stick tight folks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

a president who has the biggest ego out of all of them

I would love a President like what Ian Dicker was to Hawthorn.

Someone with business smarts, with the club at heart, ego checked at the door & who mixes with the fans...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

This was my thought process every year up until now. But I’m finding it extremely difficult to hand over money to a club whose players clearly don’t care and aren’t trying. 

This is what I’m struggling with. I’ve got an addictive personality so yes of course I will but seriously f   K the players this time around. This sits on them as much as it does the footy dept who screwed this year up. Good clubs might have a down year, that is still a top 8 finish, scratching and clawing to a top 8 result. Our players are too arrogant and soft to do that.

Nnnooooo not our club, 2nd last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

players clearly don’t care and aren’t trying

Projection.

Have a look at the Melksham interview. (for example)

• Like 5

still 100% believe this young list will do something very special, and we will bounce back hard next year so i will be a member again

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Yes.  1000% yes.

With a new year come limitless possibilities.

Without that hope, what’s the point?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Projection.

Have a look at the Melksham interview. (for example)

Some are, most aren’t. The results and obvious lack of effort speaks for itself. We lost to the Swans by almost 10 goals, come on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Some are, most aren’t. The results and obvious lack of effort speaks for itself. We lost to the Swans by almost 10 goals, come on. 

If you don’t want to renew next year mate then don’t, that’s fine and you are well within your rights to do so given the reasons you’ve pointed out. It is a choice after all...

For me...id rather keep coughing up regardless, because (if and) when we do finally break that drought and snag a flag...whenever the hell that may be, I’ll know myself that I have truly supported the club through thick and thin and i reckon that might make things that little bit sweeter.

At the very least, no one I know has ever been able to accuse me of being a bandwagon supporter. We are a laughing stock no doubt, but my family and mates respect me for sticking by this basket case of a club. Makes me feel a bit better about things anyway...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Deefiant said:

Yes but will be cancelling the gf guarantee. Times like these makes moments like last year that little bit sweeter. 

Yes they were good times indeed. It has been a pathetic and woeful year, but those 2 finals were fantastic to attend (still get goosebumps thinking about them).

Should we eventually win another bloody flag, my hunger will be well satiated and my appetite might then wane. But until then, i remain as hungry, deluded and committed to this wretched club as ever. It's abusive, it's not fair and it's causing irreparable harm that will one day require pharmacological and psychological assistance. I just can't help it.

I really do loathe this club at times, but i will always love it more. I'm too far in to back out now.

When all others leave......we remain!

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will next season, mine is automatic anyway, but if next year is as bad as this one with no changes, then I don’t know after that?

First change I want to see is an improvement in our fitness team now that Misson is gone, I want May and TMac fully fit.

Second change is an improvement in our efficiency, turnovers kill you at AFL level and we are the champs at it. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Third, a GAME PLAN B 😓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1