Jayden Hunt - Goal of the Year?

3 hours ago, america de cali said:

The football community has been waiting 4 decades to see Blight's goal replicated. Many have tried but failed. There has been some great torpedo kick highlights over the years but Hunt's is as good as Blight's. The elevation he got on the kick was incredible. The camera shot from behinds was astonishing. Never seen a camera highlight quite like it. Blight's kick was more important because he won the game with that kick. Hunt's wins on degree of difficulty because he was on a more severe angle. Distance about the same as with elevation. This kick will be on highlight reels for decades to come, GOTY for sure and we may not see one like it again. 

Highlight of the year for me!

There has been some great torps over the years sadly they get quickly forgotten 

goddard 

dale Thomas 

nick davis 

Dustin fletcher 

Edited by DaveyJones'sLocker

17 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Did Fox show the goal from any other angle than behind Hunt at ground level?

Not that I saw. My wife watched it on the AFL website this morning and they also showed a side-on view, like Petraccattacks still shot above.

Amazing kick, really took off, like Blight's.

Edited by Kumamoto_Ken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

It was great. That could solve our problems kicking out after an oppositions behind. Just get Jayden to barrel it. 

But nice to see the torp back. 

NFL career awaits? 

• Like 1

Was a great goal, got my blood well and truely pumping at the time.  Wasn't quite to win the game, but it could have been a bit of a momentum shifter.  Put us back within 21 points or so, and had we kicked the first of the last, it would have been back to 15, the Crows were looking a bit like they were running out of steam, low on rotations with Lever and Slone both off and the energy sapping humidity.

Alas it wasn't quite enough to turn the game in our favor, but it was a great goal and capped off a real return to top form from Jayden, who I've thought had been ok, without being exceptional of late.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Northern Summer said:

Darren Bennett kicked a goal from almost the centre of the ground at Princess Park one day in the early 1990s. Can't remember who it was against.

I saw Bennett kick a few 70 metre Goals at the Western Oval 1989-90, they went through Post High. 

Hunt's goal was right up there

Such a pity Hogan was not paid the mark when he was ripped of the ball going for the 2nd grab. A Goal there could have turned the game. As it was Adelaide kicked away seconds later, much to the delight of the Adelaide crowd....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dees189227 said:

It was great. That could solve our problems kicking out after an oppositions behind. Just get Jayden to barrel it. 

But nice to see the torp back. 

Did Dunny's career the world of good

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

I've seen Lyon and Bennett kick longer torps but that was probably a harder shot at goal .

I reckon he didn't quite hit it as sweetly as he could have and he could potentially have kicked it further.

Having said that , I'll settle for a miskick like that anytime.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

Highlight of the year for me!

There has been some great torps over the years sadly they get quickly forgotten 

goddard 

dale Thomas 

nick davis 

Dustin fletcher 

Lynden Dunn?  As I recall it was the longest and almost last kick in his MFC career.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demon Jack said:

For those who need a reminder...

Thanks for posting DJ. The Sporting Globe Hotel in Richmond went completely bonkers.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Is it possible that Melksham's goal was from longer out? Hunt's looked 60 out. Melksham's 65, albeit dribbled the last 10 or 15. 

Possibly,  but it's a bit different bouncing it through to clearing a pack waiting in the square.

Trac has bounced a fair few from outside 50 this year and again on Saturday night.  Pretty good wepon to have in todays footy I recon.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1

It's always fun when players line up for a shot after the siren from crazy distances, they load up for the barrel and 90% of the time they skew off badly and most of the other times they just don't make the distance. 

Seeing Hunt bang it through would've been something special for the Demon faithful who traveled up there. 

Love this kid, I reckon he'll be a star.