Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

I'm more excited by seeing Jack run out.

I expect Petracca to come out and play well.

I am not so sure I expected Jack to run out at all so it will warm the heart when he does.

(sentimental old fool)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, It's Time said:

So assuming it works out that he is in fact over the injury I wonder how many games he will play at Casey before we see him at MFC. From what I've read about how good his touch is at training it wouldn't surprise me if he does 3 games at Casey. I would have thought that's a minimum. 5 is probably more realistic. Would be great if he and Petracca were back in round 3. I've just booked everything for the Hobart game.  

There'd be something poignant about Trenners lining up against Richmond on Anzac Eve. That's what I'm hoping for. Also, if he comes back then, he'd have a pretty solid run of games at the 'G (apart from 1 away trip to Metricon).

• Like 5

Trengove actually looks like a footballer thesedays, he is chiseled muscle. His junior form surpassed anyone on our list, he was exceptional, I remember watching him thinking he'd be something very special. If he can get on top of this injury, then I see no reason why Trengove cannot reach his potential. This is our Robbie Gray type player, had some injuries, has plenty of talent, hopefully he gets a decent run at it now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

Trengove actually looks like a footballer thesedays, he is chiseled muscle. His junior form surpassed anyone on our list, he was exceptional, I remember watching him thinking he'd be something very special. If he can get on top of this injury, then I see no reason why Trengove cannot reach his potential. This is our Robbie Gray type player, had some injuries, has plenty of talent, hopefully he gets a decent run at it now.

to be honest kda i couldn't see the "chiselled" look myself, not that i care too much. looked similar to a few years ago i thought

mind you i'm going on photos not to being personally up close 

If Trengove is taking the field for a practice match on the same day as round 1, I really hope the club has a plan to show him running on, getting a kick, laying a tackle and just being out there.

Half-time on the MCG screens and on TV, a compilation video of the journey back, finishing with a few snippets of footage from the practice game. Yes please.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

If Trengove is taking the field for a practice match on the same day as round 1, I really hope the club has a plan to show him running on, getting a kick, laying a tackle and just being out there.

Half-time on the MCG screens and on TV, a compilation video of the journey back, finishing with a few snippets of footage from the practice game. Yes please.

you forgot 'holding the premiership cup aloft'.

I've been waiting for MFC success for a very long time, being born just weeks after their last premiership. 

But there is something in me that will celebrate  big time when Trenners plays again. He is almost a living symbol of all the horrible junk that happened 2009 - 2013. I still reckon he is a natural footballer who at his best is an absolute gun. I hope to be at his return game and I hope he becomes everything his youth form show3d he could be. It is about time we had ad good luck story after Scully, Clark, etc...

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

we have control of screen at home games....make it so !!

Pretty sure the Casey game on the 26th is an intraclub match. Surely we can work with Casey to have the game changed to the Sunday so that Demon fans could get out there to see Petracca,Trengove,Brayshaw etc. and not miss our MCG clash with GWS.Maybe charge a small entry fee and make a quid for the Scorpions. I for one would certainly be there!

• Like 2

On February 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Demi Dee said:

There was an amazing moment at training today where, during a full team kick-in simulation, Trengrove, cleverly intercepted  the ball and fired the ball back over the head of the defender for a goal.  The boys  all stopped, grinned at each other and gave a loud cheer. There was an electric excitement that shot across the group. Optimism felt high. 

Saturday 2 April v Box Hill Hawks, Casey Fields @ 1.00pm  (Development League 10.00am)

Jack's return as reported on afl.com.au.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2016 at 1:56 AM, rjay said:

Lol...at 24 Treners is old guard.

Can't wait to see the "I was wrong" post when he starts carving the game up.

Yeah well I can't wait to see your, "Sheeit Fence was right! response"!

He has missed 2 plus years out!

Name any other player that has had such an extensive time out that has come back?

Look he was reasonably good early, but in all honesty given his injuries and the pace of the game , can anyone really see him forcing a place in this current side?? And if so what position would he play?? In front of Who??

14 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Name any other player that has had such an extensive time out that has come back?

Look he was reasonably good early, but in all honesty given his injuries and the pace of the game , can anyone really see him forcing a place in this current side?? And if so what position would he play?? In front of Who??

I guess there's a first time for everything, but I just can't see this ever happening...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Hird

• Like 3

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Well, apparently McDonald has no skills whatsoever and needs to take a good hard look at himself.

Garland doesn't impact games at all except negatively.

Grimes is not up to AFL standard.

The big No. 1 has hands of iron, can't kick over a jam tin and is arrogant.

If Gawn goes down or needs a rest, King and Spencer aren't up to it and we'd need someone who's good overhead.

That's 5 to start with.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2016 at 5:37 PM, Little Goffy said:

Half-time on the MCG screens and on TV,    a compilation video  of the journey back, finishing with a few snippets of footage from the practice game. Yes please.

On 15/03/2016 at 9:39 PM, beelzebub said:

we have control of screen at home games....make it so !!

I can see it now boys,,,  the intro might start something like this,  ' trenners journey baaaack '

Max Gawn.

• Like 1

David Schwartz

Adam Ramanauskas

Daniel Menzel

In fairness, you've been gunning for Trengove since his contract extension was announced. He's yet to put a foot wrong in his recovery and rehab and MOST wish him all the best.

• Like 3

Trengove looks super fit and is ticking every box at training. He looks the goods but yes the proof will be when he plays in the VFL and then the seniors. Really if his speed is back I can't see why he wouldn't regain his old ability to play at AFL level. Fingers crossed, we need some good luck. 

• Like 1

Enough already!  Obviously the time Jack has spent out of the game mitigates him making a successful return to the top level.

At the same time, it is not as if we are 'holding our breath' expecting him to be the saviour (a la Mitch Clark a couple of seasons ago).

If he can regain a little bit of speed (so as to ensure that the game has not passed him by whilst he has been laid up), then I am happy to back his good kicking skills, strength overhead, willingness to commit his body, and overall footy smarts to enable Jack to be a worthy & productive member of our current 'best 22'.

True, he may never be the midfield jet we hoped/dreamed/prayed he would be when first drafted, but hey, Jack would be the first to concede that life is what happens when you plan for other things.

If Trenners came back at the peak of his previous powers (not projected potential) who would he replace from the current best 22 and in what position (taking into consideration that some of the best 22 are there on projected potential)? 

Edited by Skuit

It would be wrong for people to expect Jack to come back and make an immediate impact given the length of time he's missed. I'm just simply going to be happy for him to be out on a footy field again and let him get his groove back. I'm hoping he can become a cog in our ever improving machine.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Skuit said:

If Trenners came back at the peak of his previous powers (not projected potential) who would he replace from the current best 22 and in what position (taking into consideration that some of the best 22 are there on projected potential)? 

Apart from the ruck/KPP there would only be a couple on the list he wouldn't replace and even they would be neck and neck if he came back at the peak of his previous powers.

Optimistic that Jack can make his way back. Naturally has good stamina; the new interchange cap makes this attribute even more important. Can see him playing as a utility, much like Jimmy Bartel does for the Cats. Who would he replace? Would be competing for just about every role on the park except the spine and ruck positions.

Let's not forget that in 2014, when crocked, he still managed 20+ disposals. The kid knows how to play footy.

• Like 2