The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Round 13 last year I think. 

Yep.

Played rounds 1 & 2 in 2014, then missed rest of season.

Missed entire 2015

Played rounds 11, 12 & 13 last year, with final match being that horrible wet game vs Sydney in Sydney, the week after QB

Edited by JTR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Finally what a combeack. Will be very curious to see what role he plays

So, does he play a "team" role or does he try to win kicks to look good?

If given a "role" on someone or a position, may not showcase his abilities. 

If he goes "off plan" he get a black marks from coaching staff.

Bloody difficult for him!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Except I thought we needed to plug some gaps in the previous 3 or 4 weeks with some hardened warriors like Trenners. In the week we get Viney, Watts and Salem back for the loss of Vince and Kent we suddenly get Trenners after all this time. 

Another selection decision by our people that we don't quite understand. 

I guess it means he is the replacement for Vince, but it is a bit puzzling ... great to see though!

8 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

I guess it means he is the replacement for Vince, but it is a bit puzzling ... great to see though!

Not so sure about that - might be that he plays off half back given that Smith and Wagner have been omitted.

Really pleased that he's been included though - really hope he kills it.

Partially makes up for the disappointment of Vince and Jones being out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mdemon said:

Agree - puzzling decision in some ways.

But, as mentioned in a related thread, possibly designed to give him a chance when our better performers are in rather than when our playing stocks were very  threadbare.

Fingers/toes crossed that it all goes well. 

Yes that makes some sense. Much easier to perform in a good side. I hate how he has been the scape goat for poor team performances in the few opportunities he has had in the past. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JTR said:

Yep.

Played rounds 1 & 2 in 2014, then missed rest of season.

Missed entire 2015

Played rounds 11, 12 & 13 last year, with final match being that horrible wet game vs Sydney in Sydney, the week after QB

5 games in 3 years, wow. Makes you realise the challenges for him mentally to never give in, huge respect for the lad.

• Like 16

On 08/07/2017 at 1:12 AM, faultydet said:

A great example of the soft underbelly of our supporter group.

Anyone who can't see that Jack is finished as an AFL player, should not offer comment when he is denied a game.

Todays game is run/spread, Zone/defend your area, then run run run when you have the ball.

Jack has great hands, a good football brain, but nothing else of value in todays game.

Try to control your emotions when he is inevitably delisted at years end.

IMG_9237.JPG

• Like 15

Would love him to find a spot on the HB line. He is a very good mark and distributor or short distances. Always does the team thing and will follow the game plan to a tee

good luck Trenners!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm surprised he gets a run, but excited to see him do well.  He'll know this is his last chance, so hopefully he can fill a role for the side and show everyone that the game hasn't passed him by. 

Good luck, Jack.

Yes, very interesting that he gets his chance when we are approaching full strength. Let's hope he slays them and locks in a place in the finals. With him, and hopefully a fully fit Angus Brayshaw, we would get two top three draft picks going into the finals, and considerably strengthen our line up.

i wonder if Bernie will ever get his place back?

Go Tenners! Couldn't be more pleased for you. 

1 hour ago, nomed said:

So, does he play a "team" role or does he try to win kicks to look good?

If given a "role" on someone or a position, may not showcase his abilities. 

If he goes "off plan" he get a black marks from coaching staff.

Bloody difficult for him!

Not difficult at all, nomed 

Everyone knows that Goody requires every man to play his rôle - so if he plays his rôle he showcases his abilities to follow instructions.  

• Like 2

I'd resigned myself to not seeing Trenners on a footy field again so this has come as a very pleasant surprise. Very happy for him and would be terrific to see him slot seamlessly into the team. Can't wait for Saturday. Best of luck JT.

• Like 3

With all the talk about Trenners being slow I think we can forget what a tough nut nut he is inside....and his footy smarts re positioning. Really hoping for him that he nails a place back on the big stage in a big game. Go Trenners. 

If he could shine again I reckon the whole club would just get a massive boost. 

• Like 2

A couple of years ago cross who is a similar Speed to jack did an amazing tagging job on Polec. I wonder if we might try that again

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Cross was and probably still is quicker than Trengove.

With Wagner and Smith out I'm actually thinking Trengove will play on a back flank.

Not sure whether that is right. In fact I'd be certain it isn't

• Like 1

I'm proud to say I've believed in Trengove getting back into the team for past three years and have never taken a backward step... until last week when I finally accepted that he'd never play for the MFC again.  

This game messes with the head/heart/soul!

Welcome back Trenners!

• Like 1