POSTGAME: Rd 23 vs Hawthorn

Demonland

2 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

Has anyone else noticed how much love Kossie has for Trac? I feel like Kossie sees himself as Trac's bodyguard or something, but if anyone niggles Trac, regardless of how minor, Kossie comes running in like you slapped his mum or something. To me it speaks to Trac's leadership and the relationship he built with a very shy kid(with oodles of talent and more than a tad lethal). Also can't help but wonder if that is part of the reason why he is still a Dee. Anyway don't worry about Kossie, some big games coming.    

Kossie is very talanted but after watching today he has no idea how to play a team game,try to take a sceamer against his own players when he should be roving the pack is not team play

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

In 2021 we were a flashy 3yo on the way to a Melbourne Cup.

We are now a very reliable dour stayer and we should be happy with the way we’re attacking this finals series. 

I was in awe of Jake Lever today, how he can still talk after a game is beyond me. His leadership is unbelievable and one of the best readers of play I have ever seen.

• Like 17
  • Love 1

Geez the dorks play like a bunch of arrogant [censored]. They are up there with my other most hated teams and haven’t even done any yet  

Very glad we beat them and have cemented our top 4 spot. 

Hopefully we beat the swans but given who port and Brisbane are playing it won’t change our position.  First final will be against the collywobbles. 

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DEE fence said:

Good to see Tmac standing on the boundary with the President, turning up for the team.

My thoughts were that he was there to help carry Big Max off if required. Could be wrong.

Edited by bing181
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

McVee closed Breust down after his 1st quarter dominance.

We played through their pressure.

Love our backs (zoning and communication), if not May, then Lever in the air, the smalls try harder (especially if an error) and run straight at ground balls.

Rivers is so important to breaking the lines.

Melksham wants a shot at a premiership. 

Viney has been having a great year.

We are playing the "G" well, and are ready for spring footy.

Ran them off their legs, and forced turnovers. 

We get to walk into the finals in good shape, and with minimal have to win pressure (can afford to bring in an underdone Fritta).

Sydney could be best preparation for us, offering a challenge, before we go into the bye.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Thought Laurie showed some nice moves. He looked as though he knew it was his last chance to impress and did OK

Rivers was outstanding.

Coaching moves were really good and i though we played a smart game and never panicked. Kudos to Goodwin

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Nice win, just need Port to win, am really keen on beating the Pies in week 1!

I want us to win as many games as we can, and finish as high as we can, but finishing 4th means 2 finals (at least) at the MCG! (assuming Coll still finishes top)

Glad we beat those rotten Hawks! I really do hate them! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

The brawl at half-time was entertaining.

Jake Lever was brilliant today! One of his best games I have seen him play actually.

Joel Smith the versatile swing-man who can play up forward and down back.

Adam Tomlinson as slow as treacle, but did his job until he was subbed off.

Top 4 spot consolidated.

GO YOU MIGHTY DEMONS!!! 🔴🔵👹

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Engorged Onion said:

Fascinating watching us choose to kick it around the 50m arc  4/5 times throughout the match (as did Hawthorn) without penetrating and going for what feels like the 'usual' long bomb to a pack.

I'm not sure if it was about conserving energy, a deliberate change in tactics (and be that, due to personnel) or whether it was due to Hothron, flooding back and filling in the spaces.

Good to see though.

It really tires the opposition. And you keep control of the ball. You can't defend that for 4 quarters.

I thought our coaching was terrific. Never panicked and the players knew what they have to do. We saw 3 or 4 switches of game plan this match. That bodes well for us.

• Like 7

I don’t know if this has happened to anybody else, but I accidentally let Kayo continue playing after the match. 

After a while, a program came on called “The Bounce”. It seemed to centre around AFL and was a bit hard to follow, but eventually it occurred to me that Fox have given a few older people with acquired brain injuries the opportunity to host their own show about AFL. Kudos to Rupert and all at Fox for embracing inclusion! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 12
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

I don’t know if this has happened to anybody else, but I accidentally let Kayo continue playing after the match. 

After a while, a program came on called “The Bounce”. It seemed to centre around AFL and was a bit hard to follow, but eventually it occurred to me that Fox have given a few older people with acquired brain injuries the opportunity to host their own show about AFL. Kudos to Rupert and all at Fox for embracing inclusion! 

I don’t get the point of this post at all. Maybe I’m missing something. 

3 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

don't watch it for too long or you might get brain damaged as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Adam Tomlinson as slow as treacle, but did his job until he was subbed off.

If his job was to be completely pantsed by a young ruck and converted key defender then yeah, he did his job.

We've got a tricky decision to make about that spot come finals.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Very funny until you realise how accurate it is.

44 minutes ago, Jack7 said:

Providing the Lions beat the Aints at the Gabba,we'll finish 4th regardless of a win/loss against the Swans,so it's a Dead Rubber but we can't rest players because of the pre-finals Bye the following week.

No team has won the flag from 4th in the last 20 years but

Bring on week 1 against the spluttering Pies

Wish it was so cut and dried. If we win and either Brisbane or Port lose we will end up third at the very least ( we currently have one less win but a higher percentage)

Fingers crossed that all three teams above us win next week 

1 minute ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Wish it was so cut and dried. If we win and either Brisbane or Port lose we will end up third at the very least ( we currently have one less win but a higher percentage)

Fingers crossed that all three teams above us win next week 

With our Healthy % it is still possible to reach 2nd

Huge weekend coming up

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Kudos to Rupert and all at Fox for embracing inclusion! 

Murdoch like Trump living rent free in so many heads  😅

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

With our Healthy % it is still possible to reach 2nd

Huge weekend coming up

Pretty much with double chance, anyone, anywhere, anytime but having said that I would not want to see us having to play in Brisbane 

All finals games at the G thanks would be my obvious preference.

• Like 1