PREGAME: Rd 10 vs Yartapuulti

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Nairobi_Demon said:

Super excited that Salem is back - that is all I have to say 😁

He has had NO FOOTY for 2 months!! Surely cannot play😱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be a good watch on Salem. I trust the clubs judgement, but he was so out of touch last year when back from injury. Feel he needs a run in the VFL, but we will see. Love the idea of Rivers in the centre more, so if Salem offers that option, then I’m comfortable.

TMAC while limited, offers more forward pressure than BB, rain and slippery conditions also favour him.

Okay ins I guess.

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm more scarred from when they rushed him back last year and he was a shadow of his former self of 2021. Played way too timid for my liking.

Fingers crossed then that it does give the boys a lift.

Yeh, I think we've learnt. 

He's been in full training for so long now though, I think with reduced minutes, he'll be fine. 

• Like 3

Just now, JimmyGadson said:

Yeh, I think we've learnt. 

He's been in full training for so long now though, I think with reduced minutes, he'll be fine. 

Has to go from 0 to 100 in a handful of minutes.

You cross that line you're at 100%..

If not ...don't 

I rate Salem...    not this selection. 

More so as.... why ?...   hes not the only choice. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

I like the changes. 

T mac will be desperate to keep his spot and I think his leading patterns help Fritsch and create great space for our forward group. He just needs to compete hard when it's not on a silver platter for him and not allow his opponent to out-body him for a mark. That's all I care about. We've got enough pressure at ground level.

Salem in will give us a spirit boost, even if he doesn't rip it up. 

Jordon of course unlucky but also who does he play ahead of? 

I really don't like him on a wing and clearly neither to the coaches given they acquired Hunter. Jordon is pretty one-dimensional and whilst he competes hard and does the defensive stuff well, he's not going to carry us forward so I think he'll leave and understand the position he's in. Every competing club has similar situations with players. 

He'll also know we have a serious draft haul coming which means better talent and they'll be fast tracked whilst our stars are still in their prime. 

Can't wait for tomorrow, feeling confident about this one. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Brown will be desperate to keep his spot and I think his leading patterns help Fritsch and create great space for our forward group.

Brown's not selected, even as an emergency.

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

A big surprise with Salo. I hope the club isn’t rushing him back. They did last year and his season really suffered. 

Thrilled with no Dixon. He’s a monster and he always troubles us. 

Dixon has kicked 12 goals in 10 matches.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jontee said:

Well he hasnt committed to the club and obviously there is an offer on the table.  Why would you put games into someone who is leaving?

to win games and hopefully a flag

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm more scarred from when they rushed him back last year and he was a shadow of his former self of 2021. Played way too timid for my liking.

Fingers crossed then that it does give the boys a lift.

Last year he was coming back from injury (which he didn't seem to have right), this year it has been illness.

From memory he had a good base in preseason before the thyroid complaint, so topping up that base with a mini pre should see him right to go.

Just gives us a lot more options including himself running through the middle.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SPC said:

Will be a good watch on Salem. I trust the clubs judgement, but he was so out of touch last year when back from injury. Feel he needs a run in the VFL, but we will see. Love the idea of Rivers in the centre more, so if Salem offers that option, then I’m comfortable.

TMAC while limited, offers more forward pressure than BB, rain and slippery conditions also favour him.

Okay ins I guess.

Tmac can do the donkey work leadimng up the gound, leaving the Ruinator to prowl around conserving energy inside 50, ready to launch at every high ball that comes in.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

est quod id est

Venit hora Venit homo

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demonland said:

For those playing at home so you know who to yell at.

Umpires

Curtis Deboy (11), Hayden Gavine (14), Jamie Broadbent (20), Leigh Haussen (5)

Oh noes. Broadbent nearly killed me against Richmond. God no. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rjay said:

Last year he was coming back from injury (which he didn't seem to have right), this year it has been illness.

From memory he had a good base in preseason before the thyroid complaint, so topping up that base with a mini pre should see him right to go.

Also a knee

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BW511 said:

Really hope the 2023 version of Salem is channeling his 2021 form. Was rushed in last year and the whole team paid for it

I did get flashbacks.

Was no where near it when he came back last year. Surely we have learnt and he is more ready to go this time around

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjay said:

he's actually coming back from knee surgery. He had recovered from the thyroid issue and hurt his knee training for a return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

McDonald is an interesting in.  Thought Rooey took his role. If he covers the ground up to the wings and protects JVR in packs then he will do his job.  Maybe kick a couple as well.  The fact he can also go back puts him ahead of bbb.

Salem? Lets see how he goes…

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Oh noes. Broadbent nearly killed me against Richmond. God no. 

You know their names?

"Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to be defeated in every battle."

• Haha 1
  • Clap 2

35 minutes ago, Demonland said:

For those playing at home so you know who to yell at.

Umpires

Curtis Deboy (11), Hayden Gavine (14), Jamie Broadbent (20), Leigh Haussen (5)

Ordinary batch for a big game.

Isn’t 20 the umpire who awarded about 15 frees to an Adelaide side in Adelaide and none to us, or have I got him mixed up with another umpire?

• Haha 1