Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

15 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

We only paid pick 27 so anything around 25-32 is fair. You could argue that his value decreased in 2023 but not by much.

I wonder if we could throw in say $200k (once off not per year) and get pick 22 out of Sydney

I would argue his value has gone up. He came to us under a real injury cloud. He has shown he can be a very good solo ruckman. I’d say 20 - 25 is the mark. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, SPC said:

I would argue his value has gone up. He came to us under a real injury cloud. He has shown he can be a very good solo ruckman. I’d say 20 - 25 is the mark. 

Swans have Hawks 2nd rd pick from the Weddle trade last year. That probably gets the deal done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turner said:

If i'm west coast i'd also take Beast mode mathieson from the lions. a UFA mature body at 26yo who is capable at AFL level and has done the hard yards in the 2s so would come on a modest deal but the perfect option to protect youngsters and throw his weight around until the kids are ready. Also in a good age bracket below Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Kelly so as they move on or are injured they aren't completely exposed in the guts. Similar vane to the Hunt pick up

Problem with Mathieson is that he thinks he's beast mode as well, probably refers to himself in the 3rd person when he talks too.  
NQR AFL standard player, West Coast needs a rebuild, not a re-tool.  Go for Devon Robertson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, Ouch! said:

Problem with Mathieson is that he thinks he's beast mode as well, probably refers to himself in the 3rd person when he talks too.  
NQR AFL standard player, West Coast needs a rebuild, not a re-tool.  Go for Devon Robertson.

his training standards are elite, from all reports

if they bring in mathieson and robertson, i would expect both would be fitter than nearly every other midfielder on their list

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

We only paid pick 27 so anything around 25-32 is fair. You could argue that his value decreased in 2023 but not by much.

I wonder if we could throw in say $200k (once off not per year) and get pick 22 out of Sydney

Isn't the difference, we're happy to keep him for insurance / playing in the twos.  Whereas the pies needed the salary cap space and had made it clear they wanted him out?  If so I think we've got a stronger bargaining hand than you think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

Isn't the difference, we're happy to keep him for insurance / playing in the twos.  Whereas the pies needed the salary cap space and had made it clear they wanted him out?  If so I think we've got a stronger bargaining hand than you think

Yep. Pick 27 was with a discount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Surely Grundy’s value has increased since being at our club.

He has only been kept out of the side due to us currently having the best ruckman, not due to form. And he has demonstrated the injury issues that plagued him in his last year or so at Collingwood are no longer an (obvious) issue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SPC said:

Grundy will turn 30 just after the 2024 season starts, and has spent of majority of the 2nd half of 2023 in the VFL. And he still has 4 years to run on his contract, which is another negative. His value definitely hasn't appreciated.

I can only see 2 potential suitors being Port Adelaide and Geelong. We'll do well to get a pick in the late 20's. A future 2nd is more likely.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Grundy will turn 30 just after the 2024 season starts, and has spent of majority of the 2nd half of 2023 in the VFL. And he still has 4 years to run on his contract, which is another negative. His value definitely hasn't appreciated.

I can only see 2 potential suitors being Port Adelaide and Geelong. We'll do well to get a pick in the late 20's. A future 2nd is more likely.

add sydney

three keen this year vs one this year

his value will be about the same i think - second round pick, and his new team pays him full weight of the contract

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Melbourne has reportedly kicked off conversations with other clubs surrounding a Brodie Grundy trade.

Grundy’s future has been a hot topic after falling out of favour in Simon Goodwin’s side last month despite only crossing to Melbourne this year following his trade from Collingwood.

It comes with the 29-year old’s ruck partnership with Max Gawn failing to maximise both players’ strengths — and the Demons going 5-0 when Gawn is the No. 1 ruck compared to 10-7 alongside Grundy.

FULL STORY HERE

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-brodie-grundy-future-suitors-landing-spots-sydney-swans-port-adelaide-power-geelong-cats-deven-robertson-west-coast-eagles-offer/news-story/f6a9aa3c736215ddd0ef6aa871a5cbd5

Poor Caroline her pets are a spent force, as is this presumptuous load of bollocks

why would he leave a Club who he loves for another when he could easily become the number one Ruck if Max decides this is his final year..

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

On 8/20/2023 at 3:53 PM, Cheap Seats said:

How old is darling? 

My darling is in her 60s. 🙂

On 8/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, MoeSyzlak said:

On a podcast I heard there’s a rule that you can’t be paid by three clubs. So we or the new club would have to pay collingwoods share if we were to trade him. 

IF Brundy requests a trade, are we still (potentially) liable for any of his salary at all?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, monoccular said:

My darling is in her 60s. 🙂

IF Brundy requests a trade, are we still (potentially) liable for any of his salary at all?

Only if the new club refuses to pay the amount we are paying at the moment. Pies would still pay what they are now we would negotiate with Grundy and his new club. If Grundy really wants out he might be happy with less and if Melbourne really wants him gone we might pay some. I believe we don't want him gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/21/2023 at 3:39 PM, Ferghus31 said:

Sydneys Armati will be offered to us for Grundy and our 3 Selection suits me as we have a young Ruck Backup and potential Forward i was told this by my friend that works for a Player Manager

Let by them take the 15 we have got I think 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Poor Caroline her pets are a spent force, as is this presumptuous load of bollocks

why would he leave a Club who he loves for another when he could easily become the number one Ruck if Max decides this is his final year..

He " loves" the Dee's?

I hope they find a way for him to stay  but I will be interested to hear about this love and ( I assume) respect if MFC turfs him out.

Mind you he's all class so we might have to read between the lines

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IRW said:

He " loves" the Dee's?

I hope they find a way for him to stay  but I will be interested to hear about this love and ( I assume) respect if MFC turfs him out.

Mind you he's all class so we might have to read between the lines

Ive my doubts we'll be turfing anyone out. That said there is going to have to be a very frank and honest discussion after this season as to where everyone stands....and what everyone's ideas are about going forward.  If there IS a greater scheme to things and al lare still on board...well, why would anyone depart ?  If there is a change in the 'weather', if there are new thinkings then logically and deservedly a new outcome might happen.. 

I'm sure there a lot of 'imagination' being applied to journalistic endeavours.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, In Gawn we Trust said:

Tom Hickey is retiring - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1015954

if I was a betting man I’d say Grundy is on his way to Sydney (no mail, just an assumption)

This was always the number 1 scenario. 
sydney want him. 
But we still have a Flag to win, he may yet be part of it. 
I hope he is…

Will be worth a lot more 

personally I would like Brodie to stay one more Season, but if he goes for a number 1 Ruck Job, then it is fully understandable. There will be no ill feelings 

• Like 9
  • Clap 2