• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Port Adelaide

CHF

Bit of a different pre game for me this week as I am away from Homebase. 

Spending the weekend in the Champagne area in a luxury hotel in the hills above Epernay to celebrate my birthday. Champagne tasting and buying, Michelin starred eating, spa treatments etc. I will be watching live with a hangover.

Dees in The Alice by 6 goals.

First time I have started a GAMEDAY thread. Hope I have not stood on any toes. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

He always makes a stand, just sometimes it’s the Alamo and sometimes Rorke’s Drift. Will never die wondering will our Jack!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Win or lose this one against Port, I'd suggest that no matter what the opposition's form and talent may produce, Viney will give it his all. The challenge for him is a big one, playing his role with less selfishness that previously, replacing the drive of Clarrie, blending with Trac and Kozzie whilst exploiting what hopefully will be a re-energised Gawn and Jackson combination -  in all roles that he must play and under such pressure, Viney usually does produce those special games ticking off all the boxes for which he is notoriously famous and admired. Step up, Jack, and annihilate those Port misfits. 

Edited by Deemania since 56
  • Love 1

Good morning my fellow supporters of the best footy club in the known universe. 

A big win today by 80 points may get us back on top we where belong.

Will be tough with some of the outs but I get the feeling a few Fwds will kick a few big bags.

Come on Dees.

Gf not too far away now.

I'm not greedy but we deserve back to back flags  especially one at our home fans can actually go and see.

Enjoy folks.

• Like 5

Jack Viney is having a great year. I've no doubts about him at all today

It's the foot soldiers who need to lift. Spargs, Sprarrow, Bedford must give us more. Nibbler hasn't been great either. We need May to get back to his towering best.

Hope Tommo can slot in seamlessly. He was fantastic playing Petty's role before the knee injury last year

I'm hoping against hope that Melks can find the ball and deliver some gold platter service to our forwards. If he improves our connection today he will have justified his selection.

I'm not confident. Port are resurgent. Every remaining game a final for them if they want to make the 8.

Just hoping for the win tbh. Any sort of a scrappy, ugly win will do

Go Dees

• Like 4

Centre of attention we are today. A few teams around the bottom and outside the 8 cheering for us, a few teams up the top hoping Port do the dirty. Such is the logjam, but the most important part is, let’s do this for ourselves and remind everyone why we are the reigning premiers. 🔴🔵

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, BDA said:

Jack Viney is having a great year. I've no doubts about him at all today

It's the foot soldiers who need to lift. Spargs, Sprarrow, Bedford must give us more. Nibbler hasn't been great either. We need May to get back to his towering best.

Hope Tommo can slot in seamlessly. He was fantastic playing Petty's role before the knee injury last year

I'm hoping against hope that Melks can find the ball and deliver some gold platter service to our forwards. If he improves our connection today he will have justified his selection.

I'm not confident. Port are resurgent. Every remaining game a final for them if they want to make the 8.

Just hoping for the win tbh. Any sort of a scrappy, ugly win will do

Go Dees

We will be too big and strong.

Tracca will step up and perhaps Gus who like Viney is having a stellar season can spend time in the guts.

Relax we have this ....we will storm home this season with our spinniker up like last year.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I hope Weid takes some angry tablets and nicely pushes around a few opponents. 

You mean ‘opposition supporters’ as he watches from the stands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Interesting to listen to Goody’s presser this week.  A lot of repetition re the challenge is in front of us and 6 weeks to go.   I have a feeling this is when we start our run to the finals.  We might be a bit rusty, but I can see us squeezing the life out of Port today, being better through half forward and creating space for forwards by faster ball movement.

Port are no slouch, so we will have to play well.  We were within a kick mid way through the last quarter against the cats, then got run over,  Can’t see them applying that level of pressure, but we will!  Dees to kick 80+, port to kick under 60.  That’s a 4-6 goal win.

• Thinking 1

I thought last weeks dude was pretty good leading into September. This one as well apart from Carrie out.  Thought Bedford and Melky were a bit “lucky”. But it’s still a very strong side.  We can overcome the opposition Go Dees.        
wish I could watch it never mind I will hear it and there is the replay. 
10 year olds birthday party takes precedence 

5 hours ago, CHF said:

Spending the weekend in the Champagne area in a luxury hotel in the hills above Epernay to celebrate my birthday. Champagne tasting and buying, Michelin starred eating, spa treatments etc. I will be watching live with a hangover.

Spoken like a true Melbourne supporter 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Interesting to listen to Goody’s presser this week.  A lot of repetition re the challenge is in front of us and 6 weeks to go.   I have a feeling this is when we start our run to the finals.  We might be a bit rusty, but I can see us squeezing the life out of Port today, being better through half forward and creating space for forwards by faster ball movement.

I liked goody's presser too. I think we are set for these next six weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CHF said:

I'm intensely jealous!!  Well, not the hangover part...

Happy Birthday 🥂, CHF!

If you plan on having a hangover I hope it isn't top shelf champagne! 

Reckon you will get your birthday wish of a Dees win!

• Love 2

5 hours ago, CHF said:

I might have a few Carlton draughts in my trackies so I guess we both have a pretty solid day planned

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, CHF said:

Think of me with my Sao biscuits, plastic cheese, kabana and VB

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7