• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 03 vs Essendon

Demonland

31 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Told you all that Weideman was a good selection pre game.

Nah jk I put my hand up. That was like Weideman of the 2018 finals series. More of that thanks.

Tom McDonald on the other hand is depth now. Casey. Whatever it takes.

One game I'd rather forget and move on with the win.

I think the Weid will stay at CHF, and Brown will return at FF. McDonald will now return to the backline, at which he is actually quite good at, and apparently love playing there. 

all good, and strengthens our side

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

Lot of people expecting every single one of our players to dominate every week, if that was the case we would win by 100 points every week.

Scratching my head figuring out what’s wrong with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

Smith quietly becoming one of our best in the back 6 

Very consistent start to the year 

I thought Smith had some terrible moments tonight. As soon as Petty or Lever are back Smith goes back to VFL. He just does not have a football brain despite his elite athleticism imo…Sam Frost Version 2

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 6
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

Jeepers this thread is the Demonland of old. 

We have five best 22 players out, including four from the backline. We had A-grade players down on form (Gawn, Trac, May). We were horribly inaccurate early. We were off a six day break from a humid GC game. But we scored 99 and won by 5 goals. 

That’s a remarkable win IMO. We are supposed to be dropping games right now with our outs - remember Richmond in one of their flag years lost a stack of games early when they had injuries but rallied late?

Essendon flooded back and dragged us down to their level. Teams are going to do that and when we’re not perfect we won’t blow teams away each week. @praha’s got this 100% right. 

Oliver outstanding, Brayshaw fantastic whilst being played out of position. Loved Jordon’s run, and Weideman surely pushes TMac out next week. 

Problems of course - the Hunt, Tomlinson, Smith trio are no good in the same backline and all three at times struggled tonight. Pickett’s struggling to get involved on offence, but his defence is still there. Spargo is sort of everywhere and nowhere. And Gawn’s badly out of form IMO. 

But honestly, we’re 3-0, already knocked off two of last year’s finalists and a 2022 finals contender, and we have seriously good cavalry to come back. This is happy days, not sad. 

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

We are not playing anywhere near our best but we are 3-0. 

Imagine what we will be like when we actually play well.

I don’t know about anyone else but during games now I am confident we will win even when we are playing poorly or behind, i’s a feeling I am getting used to. 

• Like 7

Happy with the win.

Last 40 minutes we dominated, like the first 40 but kicked goals instead of points.

Clarry, Gus, Langers, Weid were great! Good contributions from Harmes, Smith, Bowey, Jacko. Hunt wasn’t terrible, Gawny got lots of ball but I thought was beaten in the ruck. May beaten by Wright who looked dangerous all night.

is Trac injured? Spargo ordinary, Tomlinson, ANB not great, Kozzie quiet - I so want to see him absolutely smash a team!

Missing some key players but the system holding up well, Kudos to Goody - the system works regardless of personnel! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chook said:

Goody:

Lever back next week
Petty VFL next week or the week after

Goody also said there was no issues with trac 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think his nose grew when he said that though!!

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Swimming Dee said:

I thought Smith had some terrible moments tonight. As soon as Petty or Lever are back Smith goes back to VFL. He just does not have a football brain despite his elite athleticism imo…Sam Frost Version 2

I havent been the biggest fan in the past and I would love Petty and Lever back but I am also happy to have Smith pushing for a position. He hasn't done much wrong so far this year IMO and looks at home out there right now.

I cant remember seeing the terrible moments you mentioned (not doubting you) but he did have some excellent moments that I did see.

There are a number of teams out there right now how would love to have him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Park the win Lads, Ladettes and non laddles 

We are no where near cherry ripe, we are coming up to week one of the pre season. We are 3-0

Hunt and aviney clean tonight which was a positive. Kozzie has a nearly game for the first 3/4 and most of the last but he caused two shots on goal in the last, Spargo similar.

We didn’t capitalise yet win by 29 in the end. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind the Bummers are now zip and 3.  We were not great tonight, but we won convincingly in the end.  Our opposition really needed to win.  It was not all that long ago we would have turned this one up.

Let's just soak it up and realise we are a bloody good side, with much more to come in 2022.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

MELB starting 3-0 in consecutive VFL/AFL

seasons

1897-98-99

1955-56

2021-22

This serves as a reminder to cherish this period. That first streak my great grandparents were kids, the middle one my parents were in primary school!

• Like 4

The cheats came out swinging we rolled with it, but the cleanest passages of play were all ours, and the way we get out of jail in defensive half is a joy to watch. Gus Bowey and Langdon just did wonders for us in the back 50. Hunt actually started ok and I thought it was his best game of the 3 so far in 2022, still wouldn’t mind if he was dropped but he has improved. Harmes was stiff to not get in my votes but I was angry when he missed Jacks with the HB. So happy for Weid, have been a fan for awhile, and he really took a chance, am still worried about him getting sucked under the flight of the ball, but then he played to his strength of playing on lead and he was one grabbing not juggling which for me was a super positive sign. Smith had some boo boos but he saved a goal in the middle on Stringer in a marking contest, just as stringer was starting to run hot, Stringer didn’t feature after that, he is in the team before Hunt for mine. Stringer for all that he is a germ is a very strong SOB I thought this was a big game moment for Smith. 

Also, this game was close because we let them in it, it was our equal worst set shot conversion in two years. We would have killed them if we had been a bit straighter they would have been in their shells. They will think they are good because they pushed us a little when in reality they turn the ball over far too much to be a flag threat.

• Like 4

Love demonland after a win. Some are very hard to please. Let’s not forget where we were for a very very long time. 

We are winning ugly but I will take that over losing any day. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Goody also said there was no issues with trac 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think his nose grew when he said that though!!

Yeah he was holding back which has me slightly worried. Yeah the knee was quite strapped and I heard on SEN that he was seen hobbling around the Olympic Park precinct on Wed.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

YAY!!! I just realised I lost $100 !!!

Had it on that pack of losers and I’ve never been happier to lose $$$. Well, not since the last time we beat them 😁 🤩🥳👹🤗❤️💙

PS: I had a beer again  and now I’m not sure but I think I might be an alcoholic now.🥴

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

YAY!!! I just realised I lost $100 !!!

Had it on that pack of losers and I’ve never been happier to lose $$$. Well, not since the last time we beat them 😁 🤩🥳👹🤗❤️💙

PS: I had a beer again  and now I’m not sure but I think I might be an alcoholic now.🥴

I share 30% of your pain

• Sad 1

Was worried with Wright taking a few grabs. May really does need Lever and Petty back to help him aerially. Tomlinson has other attributes but over his head is not his forte.

The feature of tonight is we are overall a better team. Everyone chips in and does something. We can have quiet players but the effort is always there. ANB is a good example this week. Had his worst game in nearly a year but kept on going.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I originally started drinking when watching Melb games to numb the pain, now I drink while I’m enjoying watching us play. 

Happy times 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1