• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 02 vs Gold Coast

Whispering_Jack

6 minutes ago, Pates said:

If Weid puts in a good run of performances TMac might start to feel nervous, if we’re including the latter stages of last season Tom’s form has dropped significantly since his injury last season.

While Tommy certainly isn't in smashing form, one not the things he does do well is get up the ground, provide an outlet target and contest.  He rarely gets beaten 1 on 1, enables the team to reset once the stoppage occurs and I think that probably pretty important to our structure and game style.

• Like 12

I know we've had a lot of very good talent come through in recent times, but I can't remember a player come into the team in recent times and be as composed and assured as Bowey. This kid is unbelievable. During the games now when the ball ends up in his hands I find myself breathing a sigh of relief because he just always does something good with it.

• Like 14

Just now, Mike said:

I know we've had a lot of very good talent come through in recent times, but I can't remember a player come into the team in recent times and be as composed and assured as Bowey. This kid is unbelievable. During the games now when the ball ends up in his hands I find myself breathing a sigh of relief because he just always does something good with it.

I think nobody remembers Oliver in his early days. But it says a lot that he’s never been dropped once in his entire career. He came in and dominated from day one. 
But Bowey is no different. Composure in such a hard part of the ground is insane. He reminds me a lot of Salem with the way he attacks the footy and uses it. 

• Like 5

So refreshing to be on this forum after a 2 - 0 season start.  Entirely different mood to previous seasons when we could well have been 0 - 2 and jumping down the throats of each other and our players.  The game scenarios we have faced this season, trailing to the Dogs and Suns and being challenged could easily have seen us loose the plot and throw the game in previous seasons, but now we have the confidence, poise and disipline to stick to our systems and grind out the wins in a clinical controlled way.  In that last quarter we weren't dominant, but also looked pretty much totally in control.

I love this winning feeling. 

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

51 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

So refreshing to be on this forum after a 2 - 0 season start.  Entirely different mood to previous seasons when we could well have been 0 - 2 and jumping down the throats of each other and our players.  The game scenarios we have faced this season, trailing to the Dogs and Suns and being challenged could easily have seen us loose the plot and throw the game in previous seasons, but now we have the confidence, poise and disipline to stick to our systems and grind out the wins in a clinical controlled way.  In that last quarter we weren't dominant, but also looked pretty much totally in control.

I love this winning feeling. 

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

Me too. I feel so much more relaxed now that we have won a premiership. I don't have that feeling in the pit of my stomach on game day any more.

We lose a game? Yeah. It's going to happen. I know we are going to be there in September in one way or another.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I rate the Suns.  If they can stay relatively injury free they'll win a lot of games this year, especially at home.  Can see them pushing around the 11 win mark which will have them near the 8.  The midfield is excellent.  I thought they defended well.  In the fullness of time this will become a much better win than it currently looks.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was at the game and geez it was uninspiring to watch but we still WON which is great. 

My god the umps were terrible but especially number 34. This umpire should NOT be umpiring at ANY level. It was appalling. 

On a positive loved Kozies game and his goals. Jackson and Bowey’s games were good too  

It was good to see a game live and the first time I have seen them live since the end of the 2020 season. 

Looking forward to the game against Brisbane at the Gabba. 

Go Dees. 

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Was at the game and geez it was uninspiring to watch but we still WON which is great. 

My god the umps were terrible.

And is there any chance they can find a team of boundary umpires who can throw the ball in further than 5 metres? Every last one of them was delivering short throws. Pity was that our rucks didn’t wake up to it all night…..let alone the field umpires who should have recalled them. 
Maybe the AFL needs to implement the AFLW method of throwing in 5m inboard of the boundary line?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

Love that we are banking wins while the rest of last years top 4 are falling apart. 

Richmond and Geelong are on a precipice..

This is like Barty being number one..

The superstars are fading ,it was the newbies she would have needed to watch. A couple of them will be champs.

We really won't know much until round 5 or 6.

When the scibes start talking about a flag for Buddy rather than Sydney you know it's a phoney war

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MoeSyzlak said:

He was AA last year. Not exactly unrecognised. 

He would probably be the most un-talked about AA player of the last 10 years if we're being honest.

How many people in your friendship circle would go straight to Touk Miller when talking about best mids in the competition? This the point I'm making, he's finally getting praise not only from AA selectors and experts but the common and wider public footy fan too. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

And is there any chance they can find a team of boundary umpires who can throw the ball in further than 5 metres? Every last one of them was delivering short throws. Pity was that our rucks didn’t wake up to it all night…..let alone the field umpires who should have recalled them. 
Maybe the AFL needs to implement the AFLW method of throwing in 5m inboard of the boundary line?

Yep not wrong there. I was at the ground also and reckon we got the Z grade umpires. All of them were useless. Your right Gawn and Jacko should have taken front position more for the throw ins. As for the field umpires I watched it closely and that lady umpire hardly makes a decision and the two blokes kept close to the play whilst she was banished out wide. Not a great effort by all the umpires. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, faultydet said:

Agree Gawn had a shocker. Terrible game by his standards. Gold Coast defended well in the marking contests. He looked shot all game.

Were you at the game? That woman umpire was atrocious. The crowd around us couldn't believe their own eyes when Kossy was almost decapitated and play on was called. Everyone was livid.

And on Kossie, that would have replaced Abletts non-mark as mark of the Century had he held it. Absolute towering leap.

No, I wasn’t at the game. All I kept hearing her say was “play on.” It’s like she didn’t know what she was doing.

Kozzie didn’t hold his mark, but neither did Ablett. Shaun Smith already dislodged it as mark of the century the next year anyway

Edited by Cassiew
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Good to be at a game for the first time in 11.5 years - see lots more - had forgotten that 

Tracc looked stuffed a few times

Entry inside 50 was not flash

Looked like Suns avoiding Langdon wing

Petty and Lever straight back in when ready

Umpiring very frustrating this year

Bowey the man

On the Langdon thing he played on the eastern side (Broadbeach end) all game where most if not all Demon supporters were and the Coast certainly avoided that side of the ground BUT this is where I would have thought Goody would have moved him to other wing from time to time just to change things up. Hate to play on Langdon as he would have me stuffed 5 minutes into the first quarter!!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, layzie said:

He would probably be the most un-talked about AA player of the last 10 years if we're being honest.

How many people in your friendship circle would go straight to Touk Miller when talking about best mids in the competition? This the point I'm making, he's finally getting praise not only from AA selectors and experts but the common and wider public footy fan too. 

Couldn't agree more. Especially with interstate clubs that can be out of sight out of mind.

Just because you're AA doesn't mean you always get the credit you should. Thats really just the selectors doing their job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Gawn is on the record as stating that he finds Witts to be a formidable opponent.  Chol was also quite difficult at the centre bounces and looks to be quite the athlete, despite not being able to maintain the rage all game, although, I think most players out on the ground were just about spent at 3/4 time with the humidity.

What frustrated me on the night was that Gawn got front position and hands on ball first in most of his marking contests and just dropped it and even once in front of me he had a mini break and still couldn't hold it whereas Casboult grabbed most.. When he starts grabbing his marks, look out as he and Jacko will absolutely destroy many a team .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Docs Demons said:

What frustrated me on the night was that Gawn got front position and hands on ball first in most of his marking contests and just dropped it and even once in front of me he had a mini break and still couldn't hold it whereas Casboult grabbed most.. When he starts grabbing his marks, look out as he and Jacko will absolutely destroy many a team .

when he starts grabbing marks? he's the best mark in the league. he didn't have the best of nights but that's rare nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what Pickett ate at half time but he should take it again on friday.  his second half was back to his best, 4 tackles inside 50, running around like a nutter. 2 great goals 

Watch out for him on the big stage Friday night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BAMF said:

Sounded like the crowd was 50% Demons supporters when watching on TV

Hi BAMF. If it was then the other 50% were probably curious locals that got free tickets with the happy meals they bought during the week. On more than one occasion the commentators mentioned decisions that weren't popular with the home crowd to the sound of four people booing in the background. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swooper1987 said:

I rate the Suns.  If they can stay relatively injury free they'll win a lot of games this year, especially at home.  Can see them pushing around the 11 win mark which will have them near the 8.  The midfield is excellent.  I thought they defended well.  In the fullness of time this will become a much better win than it currently looks.  

Agree with all of the above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1