Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TRAINING: Friday 11th February 2022

picket fence

Apologies for spelling mistakes and typos in original report. A bit lazy not to check, but I'm just keen to get it out there! No 39 Matt Buntine, this is interesting! anyone any S.P on this development. Have we got a spot left??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

Absolute training drill for the blue team. 

I'm surprised they don't mix it up more. I mean I kinda get why they do it that way but at least halve the mids and have the first choice defenders on one team and the first choice forwards on the other maybe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

Apologies for spelling mistakes and typos in original report. A bit lazy not to check, but I'm just keen to get it out there! No 39 Matt Buntine, this is interesting! anyone any S.P on this development. Have we got a spot left??

Signed with Casey. Pretty normal to add Casey players to the practice games 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I believe not but if we need a covid top up player handy to have....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, picket fence said:

No we don't have a spot left. How has Laurie and Bedford been tracking?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

From the highlights video a few things stood out.

1. Clarry is such a transition weapon

2. Luke Jackson isn’t done doing crazy things for a guy his size

3. Howes is getting a rude initiation to the core strength required for afl footy. Not a bad thing.

4. Weid is clearly hungry, but defenders also know they can take him on out the other way.

5. Chandler sets up 2 goals despite botching them originally. He’s got tricks to get out of trouble. Now he has to learn to stop getting in trouble so much 

Oliver aside (who seems leaner and faster than 2021) Jimmy J in everything. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I know its just a quick highlights clip, but a few observstions:

The Weid is bigger and stronger across the chest and shoulders and looks to have confidence in his actions. Competition and pressure amongst our key forwards is an excellent sign. Go Weid!

Chandler might surprise a few and push for senior selection this year. He's clever, a good tackler and neat kick. Kozzie and Spargo will know he's nipping at their heels.

I love Jack Viney, but the cheap hip and shoulders should not be part of his game. Hopefully its just a one off match sim thing

Lastly, its great to see so many forward entries being low hit ups, players lowering their eyes. Remember our frustrations a couple of years ago watching repeat long bombs into the F50? How times have changed!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, picket fence said:

Lost in Space (1965-68). Bubble-Headed Danger - YouTube

LAST WEEK AS YOU RECALL WE LEFT DR. SMITH, THE ROBOT AND WILL ROBINSON LOOKING FOR DR. SMITH'S LOST DENTURES, UNAWARE THAT THEY WOULD SOON BE WHISKED TO AN ENTIRELY ADVENTURE IN TIME AND SPACE.

Dr Smith, ""I just knew I put them down over here by this Rock"".

Robot, ""Dr. Smith your memory must be fading"".

Dr Smith, Silence you Cackling Clod

Will Robinson, Here they are Dr, Smith I have found them. Hey Doctor Smith, Robot come over here I have found something else!!

image.jpeg.6b02954a09b17ad110ac831b527b110b.jpeg

Will Robinson '' I remember this this is the Taurons old matter transfer unit, they must have left it behind.

Robot " You are correct Will Robinson"

Dr. Smith "Matter Transfer unit? How interesting"

Robot "DANGER DANGER"

Dr. Smith "Silence you interfering incomprehensible bringer of doom"

Will Robinson " We better do as he says Dr. Smith Dad said we should not touch any Alien machinery until he has checked it out."

Dr. Smith " It all looks very simple, push a button here , turn a dial there" Adjusts levers

Zoooom Tish, Zappppppp Weird sounds all of a sudden a mazer beam envelops the Robot and He Vanishes

Will Robinson, ROBOT ROBOT 

Dr. Smith "What have I done" oh the pain, the pain!

LATER ROBOT WHERE AM I WHAT IS THIS PLACE ?????? Casey Fields?? I must have overloaded my servo mechanism and are in some trance, Whoah who goes there???

Picket Fence " I know you your the Robot from Lost in Space, Yes but where am I and who are you"

I'm known as Picket Fence I come down and watch The Mighty Melbourne Demons and file training reports

ROBOT ''It does not compute"

Picket Fence "" Look I've read the Script Your gonna be Ok

Robot "You''ve read the Script??? 

Picket Fence "Yeah I've read the script and what happens is Don, Will and Professor Robinson will replicate the sequence from the Taurons matter Transfer unit and in about an hour or so you will be whisked back to Priplanus" So hang out with me and I'll talk you through what I do, Tell you what can you do dictation?? 

Robot "Affirmative" Ok start dictating:-

Picket Fence ventures to Casey fields to file this report.

Fresh Breeze sprung up today coming from the Sth. West some modifications when kicking into the cross breeze were evident but all in all not a bad day out in Casey. Solid 3 plus hour session again with quite a few highlights and observations.

NO SHOWS   MAJAK DAW, HARRISON PETTY, and I also didn't see JAKE MELKSHAM

MODIFIED DUTIES T. MAC, ANB, CHARLIE SPARGO (although they all took part in Running drills)

SKILLS, DRILLS AND MANOUVERS

DRILL 1  Small ball work in close formation emphasizing correct option and skill drill under pressure in disposing of ball

DRILL 2 Running through cones strategically placed and turning and disposing of ball under pressure

DRILL 3 Goal kicking Drill from every concievable match dynamic and distance, included inside shots outside shots, trick shots running and pinging from variety of angles, coaches presenting ball from setups and all with clear intention of practicing and perfecting routines from almost any situation.

DRILL 4 Methodical Diamond ball press using the old diamond configuration but whole ground, running in threes and fours handballing, overlapping, precision handballs and kicks to next group in the diamond formation, Like a very advanced and technologically hyped Circle work for want of a better understanding. This was clinical, precise with barely and funble and it was done at High Velocity.

DRILL 5  3 QUARTERS OF WHOLE MATCH SIMS WITH AFL UMPIRES 

DRILLS 6 A, B, C Small group work on stoppages, Boundary work and kicking and handball practicals.

PLAYER WATCH

MAX, CLARRY, JV, JAKE LEVER, STEVEN MAY, BBB, BAILEY FRITSCH, TRACC All "Brilliant"" As usual really you only have to take a look at what the strong inner core do just relentlessly day in day out they just do no rest on laurels they keep driving the perfection bus so tight that it sits flawlessly on superb conditioning and just the expectation that hard work and dilligence are the cornerstones of success.

ANDY MONIZ-WAKEFIELD  Wow what a dynamo, absolutely provided the highlight of the day when he took possesion rover like on the wing, assessed options, delivered long, sprinted forward, recived the ball back again and crashed a classy goal. Will play in 2022

SAM WEIDEMAN  Probably as involved in match sims as I have seen him, kicked a couple of goals marked around the ground and was non to shabby in the ruck vs Max when called on. Can see some tangible improvements

ED LANGDON Played on Fraser Rosman and I though Fraser did some very nice things, Ed Langdon just runs all day and gathers possesions at will 

JAMES JORDON  Was very good today linking up creating play and ran all day, I thought that for the last two weeks that TOM SPARROW has been more impressive, but today James was very telling.

TAJ WOEWODIN  Noticed him a bit more today, he fiited in well uses the ball well and seems to be finding his feet a lot more. Similarly DANIEL TURNER, and BLAKE HOWES trained impressively and clearly as their confidence builds there form will create excellent and robust jostling for spots in the senior team.

LUKE DUNSTAN Copped a knock or two but continues to impress with his zeal and attack on the ball. Disposal has been questioned but for mine he uses it thoughfully and with good skill.

JACOB VAN ROOYEN Not as prominent today but still looks likely to take a freak mark or snap a cool goal. Will keep a closer eye on him in coming months

HARMSY Probably for me was highlight no 2 where he got the ball in heavy traffic, powered his was out and kicked an inspirational goal for the Red side when they really needed it

OSKAR BAKER He also was influential in the play today got the ball mused his pace and disposed of it very well.

FINAL THOUGHTS 

Gus trained without a helmet😁 and looked good, there was a player no 39 but have no idea who he was!?? Another full on session and it is clear that the levels of professionalism continue to rise and that that infectious will to win as derived from our player cohort, continues to drive up standards to another level. I can see tangible warmth, empathy, and collegiality among then player and coaching fraternity and this points to a period of sustained success. There will be no premiership hangovers at M.F.C You can bank on it.

Did you get al that Robot??

Robot "Afirmative"

And just like that. one minute he was here then ""Whoosh"" He was Gone, it was all after all in the Script!

""I WISH I KNEW WHERE I WANTED TO BE WHEN I WANTED TO BE WHERE I WAS TODAY""  P.F

Gus trained without a helmet and Gawny was posting pics yesterday with Goody at the Sorrento Pub.

It's pretty clear what the players think about Goody.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm surprised they don't mix it up more. I mean I kinda get why they do it that way but at least halve the mids and have the first choice defenders on one team and the first choice forwards on the other maybe

Yes and no ... probably starting to work on continuity with attack from the backline.  But that said a one sided game (unless it is the 2021 PF or GF 😃) may not be the best "learnings".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stiff Arm said:

I love Jack Viney, but the cheap hip and shoulders should not be part of his game. Hopefully its just a one off match sim thing

Closing space to the ball carrier then blocking them from running on is a key part of our game and every other side. Viney doesn’t go high, the ball is nearby and Rivers has had 3 steps to gather himself post disposal so it should be considered a down field free kick. Rivers is ready for contact and comes off worse. The umpire made a mistake 

• Like 3

Well two top reports thanks PF and Scoop I feel very spoilt and by the way Scoop I also like CSI and Doco’s.!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

I know its just a quick highlights clip, but a few observstions:

The Weid is bigger and stronger across the chest and shoulders and looks to have confidence in his actions. Competition and pressure amongst our key forwards is an excellent sign. Go Weid!

Chandler might surprise a few and push for senior selection this year. He's clever, a good tackler and neat kick. Kozzie and Spargo will know he's nipping at their heels.

Lastly, its great to see so many forward entries being low hit ups, players lowering their eyes. Remember our frustrations a couple of years ago watching repeat long bombs into the F50? How times have changed!

I certainly agree! How different from years gone past.

I actually think the genuine speed as to the way the Demons were training today in this scratch match looked like we will be even quicker than last season.

It's going to be an incredible season in 2022. I am super excited!

GO DEMONS!!! 🔴🔵👹

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Brilliant reporting lads.

@Scoop Junior I wanted to get your thought on these players just from today's observation.

Blake Howes

Luke Dunstan

Judd McVee

Jacob Van Rooyen 

Unfortunately it was difficult given the viewing position to really get a good gauge on some of the younger players.

Howes - I liked some of the things he did. Didn’t do a lot, understandably as a first year player against the strong blue team, but a few times he got the ball he made really quick decisions, once with a rapid handball almost as soon as he got it. Showed some good awareness in those situations. Unfortunately the highlights video captured the occasion when he got caught holding the ball! Needs to build his body in the gym but will be an interesting watch.

Dunstan - Won some ball, but didn’t really stand out for mine. Difficult though being part of a well beaten midfield against the somewhat first string blue team getting silver service from Max. 

McVee - Didn’t notice him much. Don’t think he was on the ground the whole time. Showed a bit of toe on one occasion when taking on the man on the mark. 

JVR - had a really difficult task, not only being starved of service but trying to impact as a first year forward against our A defence. But I actually thought he showed a bit given the circumstances and could easily have kicked 2 goals. Took a mark on the lead in the second term but missed from close range (although others also missed at that end with a somewhat tricky breeze). Had another chance with a snap which also missed. Will need time to learn and build his body but definitely shows something. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3