Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

faultydet

Need a win to keep a tight hold of our top 2 spot.

If the player group is serious about a flag, we do not drop games like this.

Tipping us today, but not by much

Dees by 20

• Like 8

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Round 9 vs Carlton

Every game is a danger game if we are not switched on from the get-go but other than sleep-walking through the first half v North our application and focus has been very good. I can’t see us treating Carlton lightly so I expect a full 4 quarter effort today.

As soon as the doggies awoke from their slumber last week they put Carlton to the sword. Carlton can’t defend for toffee. They are very unaccountable without the ball. We will take advantage today.

The Sydney game was tough, a real grind. Worked wonders for my MFCSS knowing we have the mental fortitude and defense to overcome a really strong challenge from the Swans. Carlton are not Sydney. They have no backbone. They will fold when the pressure comes on.

Harmes to Walsh, May to shackle McKay. Maxy to lift (Pittonet played well against us last year) and our defense and pressure to do the rest.

Looking forward to seeing the Weid and young Chandler running around.

I think it will be a regulation 5 goal win  

• Like 9

Have to win today - we have seen Tigers, Doggies and Geelong all turn it on this weekend. If we're to be on the level with them, we need to be clinical in the way we go about Carlton.

• Like 4

Big day today and I’m nervous. One team been playing one down for the past few weeks and just scraping by, the other a hardened outfit at full strength capable of matching it against the best. The question is, can our midfield stand up to what’s to come or will thier’s get on top early. Hoping for a big crowd, Vermont under 10s girls versus Lysterfield. Go Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Harmes to Walsh, May to shackle McKay. Maxy to lift (Pittonet played well against us last year) and our defense and pressure to do the rest.

STOP WALSH - Harmes 

STOP MCKAY - May

STOP Docherty and Saad and Williams distribution and run out of defence  (ANB, Spargo, Chandler need to get the tackling pill) 

STOP BETTS - Hibberd

Cripps is a danger still. 

Curnow gets to Oliver. We need to protect Clarry. 

Plenty of other keys for us. Salem is having a ripping year. They might try to reverse-tag him across half back. 

Kozzzy. Expect him to bag a few goals today. 

Trac and Langers to be the keys to forward 50 entries. 

Weid. Tmcd. Brown. Let’s see how the triple threat works.

• Like 3

It's a big day for your good old Uncle Bitter - first live game since this corolla business started!

I,ve noted some comments during the week that this is a danger game or the one we are 'due to lose"

Bah Humbug to that! We've got them well covered for quality on every line but  our forward line, in particular, has just too many ways to goal for their one man defence.

[censored] I hate Carlton. We owe them plenty.

I intend giving the bar staff at the G a good workout today.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 9

They remind me of MFC 2018. Some fab individuals at the top end but they fall away quickly outside their top 12 and they think defence is what a few do inside the oppositions 50. That makes them dangerous on their day or your off day as we were in 2018. Need to fix our clearances, quell their half backs and take our chances when they come (as they can give you plenty of looks). Come on Dees lets continue riding the wave. 

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 1

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton
7 minutes ago, Nelo said:

Think we might just turn it on today. Dees by 52 points. Kozzie & Brown 5 goals each. 

Agree this is a possibility.  Everyone here keeps fearing us dropping a game to one of the lesser teams, but conversely I fell we haven't really clicked and dominated any team so far this year and that's also a possibility.  I guess that's somewhat the reality of the competition being realitively tight, that it's difficult for even the better teams to have it on their terms for a full game.

Getting off to a good lead in the first quarter and going on from there instead of wrestling with them all day would be a good start.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 6

This has danger game written all over it!  The results earlier in the round clearly show that it’s no time to get ‘smug’ with our current position, and they also provide a great opportunity to (again) test our 2021 maturity and team-first mindset   Carlton won’t let us have it all our own way,  but hopefully this works in our favour, and brings out the best in us.  I’m confident of a win, but it won’t be a ‘walk in the park’. Dees by 18 points.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Agree this is a possibility.  Everyone here keeps fearing us dropping a game to one of the lesser teams, but conversely I fell we haven't really clicked and dominated any team so far this year and that's also a possibility.  I guess that's somewhat the reality of the competition being realitively tight, that it's difficult for even the better teams to have it on their terms for a full game.

Getting off to a good lead in the first quarter and going on from there instead of wrestling with them all day would be a good start.

Good point. If we are a true top team a thrashing might be handed out today.

Certainly have a forward line capable of a big score.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, faultydet said:

Need a win to keep a tight hold of our top 2 spot.

If the player group is serious about a flag, we do not drop games like this.

Tipping us today, but not by much

Dees by 20

Ugh. Second on the ladder is SO round five. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Asides from Chandler, a few points of difference and things I'll be interested to watch today:

1.  Do we fix our centre clearance issues from last week;

2.  Can Harmes backup and/or improve on his form from last week - could make it interesting to eventually squeeze Viney back in (though I think that could end up as Chandler out, Harmes forward and Trac playing more forward time);

3.  Functionality of the forward line - I see strengths in all positions and wounder how the heck Carlton contains that.  Will be mainly up to us to make it gell, particularly when defense was a reall weakness for Carlton last week.  Tommy Mac and BBB proved they could play forward together last week and I see Tommy as more contested compared to Weid, so they are not necessarily competing for the same space in that respects. 

4. Last week Fritta was quite though.  Was that a result of 3, or was it just that Sydney decided they needed to play a lockdown job on him after he kicked the bag the week before?

5.  How does Weid go getting the third tall defender?  He must internally love the prospect of that.

If we get all of the above right, I could actually see this becoming a bloodbath for Carlton.

• Like 3

Let’s NOT let Harry McKay further strengthen his lead on the Coleman medal board!!!

GO THE MIGHTY DEEEEEZ!!!

❤️?

• Like 2

We’ll find out a lot today about the competitive drive of our blokes.

I was watching the Dogs and Power game, and was hoping for a Port win. If the cards fell the right way, we could have been two games clear on top at the end of the round.

Alas, we’re not and the only way for us to keep that spot is to win. There will be structural adjustment with Jackson out, and I wonder if we can pick up the slack structurally at clearances without Viney directing traffic and pushing blokes out of the way.

I’d say Melbourne by three points as I’m not sure any team can remain ‘up’ for this long. Carlton definitely have the cattle (albeit developing cattle) to beat us, but the cohesion just isn’t there yet to believe they will.

2 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I was watching the Dogs and Power game, and was hoping for a Port win. If the cards fell the right way, we could have been two games clear on top at the end of the round.

I was thinking the same way Re a Port win, but as it's panned out, I think it was better them loosing as it could put us 3 games clear inside the top 2, which is really more important.  No real difference between finishing 1 or 2 come finals time, but 2 or 3 could mean a home Vs away final.

The closeness of the end result last night has also helped bring the dogs % back down to earth a little.

• Like 5

I’ve had five cigarettes and three cups of coffee for breakfast. 
It must be gameday.

? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 6