Post Match brawl

Had a mate attend last night and after that goal was kicked the cats fan behind him rubbed and scruffed his hair up and patted his head and took off. Said he’d never spoken to the guy all night. He said the cats fans were feral in the last and will be making a complaint to the AFL as it’s the second bad experience in 3 years.It also scared his wife to pieces 

Also in that video, how about the cats guy booting the head of the dee fella, or is that ok? I refuse to go to the shithole now, their fans are feral 

Edited by MSFebey

21 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

What I can't get past is the fact this this flogger is the one complaining about having a beer thrown at him but then he's one who's taking the video footage?? :wacko:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beelzebub said:

It's a feral backwater.

The word parochial doesn't scratch the surface.

I have friends on the Bellarine and all are not brushed with the same brine but Kittyland has taken over from Victoria Park. Boganville 

The joint is cooked - barely up to AFL standard

21 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Goodwin and MFC and 22 players responsible for this

All of us are hurting and very fuc&$g frustrated

no wonder it gets too much

Dumb post, I was directly in front of this bunch of fools (both team's supporters) and marvelled at the incredibly unpleasant nature and feel of the area.  Too much booze and not enough braincells!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

This sort of stuff just doesn’t happen in Perth. Ever. 

Yeh because no opposition supporter can get into the game.  Eagles supporters are top end of town whilst Dockers supporters really no one cares about the dockers.

All I have seen in this is a couple of peanuts kicking a bloke when he was down and a complete hero at the end running in with a massive Hay maker and running out.

Mob mentallity sets in, gives heros confidence when they know someone is massively out numbered.  All that will happen is Geelong get more money from the state and federal government to remove the standing areas and replace them with a new 40 million dollar stand.

The first thing they could do would be to ban heavy beer and spirits being served at the game.  Don't get me wrong, I love having a couple of beers, and my wife a whine.  While you're not asking for trouble by serving the range of alcohol that they do, it's definitely a factor.

That said, I'd be willing to not drink at all if I knew it would eliminate any potential altercations (either verbal or physical).  Sadly, with my experience against Geelong, the jerks that go out of their way to annoy my night are more often than not sober.

• Like 4

Why would you post a comment and a film on a "work business" related Mail site that is open to all sorts of return stuff?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McQueen said:

What I can't get past is the fact this this flogger is the one complaining about having a beer thrown at him but then he's one who's taking the video footage?? :wacko:

But hey! At least the Cats fans 'took care of business'. That really says everything. Street justice wins the day.

32 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

The first thing they could do would be to ban heavy beer and spirits being served at the game.  Don't get me wrong, I love having a couple of beers, and my wife a whine.  While you're not asking for trouble by serving the range of alcohol that they do, it's definitely a factor.

That said, I'd be willing to not drink at all if I knew it would eliminate any potential altercations (either verbal or physical).  Sadly, with my experience against Geelong, the jerks that go out of their way to annoy my night are more often than not sober.

And they’re not sober going into the game. These tools had had a skinful.

Been to quite a few games in Geelong but not Saturday's. Have stood on the terrace, GA seats and reserved seats in the new stand. Never seen anything like that trouble, thing is, they were also day games. 

Saturday's incident speaks more to our drinking culture (yes, mine included although I tend not to drink at the footy these days) than the need to segregate opposing fans. The fact that Carlton Draught promote how often a keg of Carlton is changed during AFL broadcast displays how ingrained drinking is in Australian life. That video of the Melbourne supporter staggering around, barely coherent is embarrassing, not just as an MFC supporter but an Australian. The video of the Geelong supporter laying the boot in is downright disgusting.

• Like 1

If the Melbourne fans were the ones I was standing in front of in the first half (and the last time we played at KP) I'm not surprised that it kicked off because they were just as bad as the locals. Also, perhaps don't serve 4x beers per person per trip, half the terrace was maggotted by half time.

The comments about security at Kardinia Park being ineffective is 100% correct, they had zero authority and were there purely for show. That might work when it's Geelong vs GWS, but add a decent number of travelling into the mix and you're guaranteed somebody will do something outrageous.

P.S - Bonus points to the two Melbourne fans verbally going each other on the way down the stairs after the siren.

6 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

Does anyone think the umpiring this year has contributed to people going off their rocker? 7 incidents this year alone and the most frustrating season of umpiring I've seen.

People have probably been going off their rocker and punching on since 1860, it's just now we get action footage of it 10 seconds later.

• Like 3

I would like to be seperated at all games. I hate other clubs supporters during a game.   Thats why only go to home games with a reserve seat in MFC area.    I never go with other club supporters so would suit me.      I know plenty of people do go with opposition supporters.  

Grog the real problem..  too much money for clubs AFL grounds etc  to change that.      Surely you can without a grog for 2.5 hours.  of course ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

On 7/22/2018 at 9:12 AM, DubDee said:

If true that we started the violence it’s a disgrace. And now we look like fans that can’t take a loss. 

Im heading over to AO next week and standing on the hill. Could be interesting

Don't, rumours are around Adelaide, already. Buy a seat or watch it on Foxtel. 

50 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

I would like to be seperated at all games. I hate other clubs supporters during a game. 

I hate a lot of ours too...maybe why I don't go as much these days.

Prefer my own company at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My interpretation (and I was in the outer Sat night and I had posted last week such the possibility of violence):

1. it's not the beer sold at the ground that is the problem as it's mid-strength. Very few punters drink the spirits from what I see. You're pushing to get drunk on mid.

2. Sat night games at K park are the problem. The demographic in the GA section is predominantly 20-35 yo males many who have spent the arvo watching their local footy team drinking copious amounts of grog, or have spent many hours at either of the two nearby pubs.

3. Police cost the GFC money. They employ very few. I did not see one cop at the ground. Beer queues are not supervised as they are at the MCG and Etihad.

4. There were no security mingling with the supporters in the GA section as happens at the MCG (Bay 13) or on the concourse (Etihad)

5. Cats supporters see their venue as a fortress. They very rarely see their team lose there. The bulk of the Cats supporters in the GA area only attend K Park games. The prospect of seeing their team lose on Saturday night had many itching for a fight (someone to vent their frustration on).

6. The GA area at K Park is relatively small. All juiced-up predominantly Cats supporters stand together. Strength in numbers.

BTW the Geelong FC, if they had their way would scrap the standing room area and replace it with reserved seating. They have a huge waiting list for membership packages that includes a reserved seat,

Edited by M_9
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MSFebey said:

Does anyone think the umpiring this year has contributed to people going off their rocker? 7 incidents this year alone and the most frustrating season of umpiring I've seen.

As I posted elsewhere the worst umpiring for many a year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, M_9 said:

My interpretation (and I was in the outer Sat night and I had posted last week such the possibility of violence):

1. it's not the beer sold at the ground that is the problem as it's mid-strength. Very few punters drink the spirits from what I see. You're pushing to get drunk on mid.

2. Sat night games at K park are the problem. The demographic in the GA section is predominantly 20-35 yo males many who have spent the arvo watching their local footy team drinking copious amounts of grog, or have spent many hours at either of the two nearby pubs.

3. Police cost the GFC money. They employ very few. I did not see one cop at the ground. Beer queues are not supervised as they are at the MCG and Etihad.

4. There were no security mingling with the supporters in the GA section as happens at the MCG (Bay 13) or on the concourse (Etihad)

5. Cats supporters see their venue as a fortress. They very rarely see their team lose there. The bulk of the Cats supporters in the GA area only attend K Park games. The prospect of seeing their team lose on Saturday night had many itching for a fight (someone to vent their frustration on).

6. The GA area at K Park is relatively small. All juiced-up predominantly Cats supporters stand together. Strength in numbers.

BTW the Geelong FC, if they had their way would scrap the standing room area and replace it with reserved seating. They have a huge waiting list for membership packages that includes a reserved seat,

I have never been to Kardinia Park

it sounds horrendous and how the AFL still allow standing room to exist is mind boggling

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Don't, rumours are around Adelaide, already. Buy a seat or watch it on Foxtel. 

really?  what rumours?

Ive already got my tickets for the hill so I'll be going regardless.  Been to AO twice and the locals have been feral but fairly harmless. and I know i can drink a fair bit and not turn into a moron