POSTMATCH DISCUSSION - Round 18

Demonland

Why not play a spare in front of Hawkins every [censored] thing was going through Hawkins is it that [censored] hard Goodwin absolutely pathetic in that last quarter another year flushed down the drain.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

If Trac needs a leader to tell him to slow it down in that situation then the poor decision is down to Trac, not the leaders.  It's common sense.

It's a shame as I thought he played pretty well tonight.

Disagree.

Trac played very well but it was evident that we have no icing strategy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, —coach— said:

Just imagining Goodies press conference “Yeah the boys learned a lot tonight. So many good lessons. We’re on a journey. Set our own history.I though they were super in the last.”

Every Demon supporter “Shut why [censored] up and just get the [censored] job done!” (Thinking “Wish I followed any other team”)

Margins! Feel them!

lessons! Learn em!

etc

pain! 

2 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Goodwin has the arsenal, he is a stubborn and dangerous coach. Pathetic coaching effort and team selection. I feel very sorry for those guys in the red&blue who worked hard, effectively and continuously yet let down by the coach and his big ideas. He can regard himself as warned.

I really don't get it ( many possibly agree lol ? )

Even with the blood rule he should have been back on straight away.

Max gets it...the box doesn't.

We were playing for our season tonight as we would have every subsequent game.

We let it slip away. The umps helped no end...that was was gobsmackingly ridiculous at times....but it was STiLL ours for winning....but we coughed up. We blinked

Despite what many think I stand by my concern that that was it for this year. If we couldn't win that.. well what ??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

True.

However, the Swans proved today they are more than beatable.  The Crows are too, even in Adelaide, a ground we play well.  The Eagles will be tough, and so will GWS, but we get them at the G.  We have the talent and ability to win 3 of those.  Plus the Suns game.  Finals are still well and truly alive.

Well yeah of course they are but appear unlikely at this point. We buckled tonight and lost to a mid-table Geelong after leading by 5 goals in the last quarter. We have kicked ourselves out of finals this year. They have learnt [censored] all and we stand to once again miss finals on the back of out last quarter of the season.

Fancy this team with this squad missing finals. It's a god damn travesty.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, waynewussell said:

Yes, there was a lot of the inevitable about the way we lost... but we didn't just curl up and roll over! I agree with the tactical stuff up with Gawn off early last qtr... but if you ever get the courage to watch the final minutes you will see two teams giving everything they could to win the ball and send it forward. JKH needed that goal for his own career... but he wasn't a passenger. Frost was amazing with his last desperate dash out of defence. Its a fine line between pleasure and pain. I see the game as a move forward in the teams development... This group know the CAN win in whatever Hellhole they find themselves in... Heartbreaking, yes... but I see it as character building! I'm not going to argue the point... Its just my opinion.

Well said Wayne as much as it hurts plenty to like

• Like 2

Omac got a towelling because the delivery to Hawkins was pretty good. While we put a lot of pressure on their midfield all night but the still were able to run through the centre in uncontested waves far too often. In contrast our delivery into our forward line was poor. if we had an open forward line and a leading forward we would have done just as well. every time we kicked it forward we were outnumbered and they rebounded and often scored. I do not understand this stupid approach of having fewer players in the forward line especially when so many of our kicks are to an outnumbered Hogan or McDonald. 

We kicked ourselves out of this, too many players just did not kick straight and missed easy goals, yes there were some crappy umpiring decisions but if we had converted more of those points to goals early we may have killed off any resurgence.  we make a horrible habit of giving up junk time goals.

• Like 2

Yeah Goodwin could have moved Tom McDonald back but there goes one of our few effective offensive threats. Tough spot for Goodwin dealing with our abysmal tall defenders. Easiest position in football yet for the past 2 seasons we have been an absolute calamity in that area. Lever was going to help but if we don't bring in a competent tall defender (defensive minded defender) next season then our dominant midfield is going to deliver us duck eggs.

Must really pi$$ the mids off watching the turds laid by the defenders. 

7 minutes ago, praha said:

We still need to make up the Saints game, which means beating three of Adelaide, Sydney, GWS and West Coast. That's provided we beat Gold Coast.

Dont worry bout making games up mate

Edited by Win4theAges

Any chance if anyone giving O Mac a chop out? 

Surely frost should have been drifting across to help him out?? Standard double teaming every [censored] club does!!!

FAAAARRRRRKKKKK

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm happy to admit I'm almost in tears here on the couch.

I don't even know what to type right now.  Just gutted.  Simply gutted.  I can't believe we could lose that game, especially like that.  We did everything right and then fell in a heap when it mattered most.  We almost righted the ship and then we allow that to happen with 41 seconds left.

I guess only Melbourne could do that.

I've got nothing else.  I think I'll crawl into a hole for a few days and stay there.

I don't think I've ever been so emotional over watching a game. This was our time to step up.

I love my girl. I punched a hardwood cover straight off our blinds in the 3rd when Fritsch laid that tackle in front of goal. She just laughed.

Crushing. Just fn crushing. We played so well for the most.

Clarry is going to be the best player this game has seen.

I'm Almost in tears over this. 

Bloody football club

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bing181 said:

To go down to Geelong and lose by less than a goal - can't fault the effort.

Suspect that JKH has played his last game in a Melbourne jumper, and we really, really missed Viney, felt like we were one mid down all game.

He could've been a hero but he is a zero. The frustrating thing is I knew he was going 2 miss even though he was 20 m out and could've steadied.He is a delist.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

Yes, there was a lot of the inevitable about the way we lost... but we didn't just curl up and roll over! I agree with the tactical stuff up with Gawn off early last qtr... but if you ever get the courage to watch the final minutes you will see two teams giving everything they could to win the ball and send it forward. JKH needed that goal for his own career... but he wasn't a passenger. Frost was amazing with his last desperate dash out of defence. Its a fine line between pleasure and pain. I see the game as a move forward in the teams development... This group know the CAN win in whatever Hellhole they find themselves in... Heartbreaking, yes... but I see it as character building! I'm not going to argue the point... Its just my opinion.

How much more character building do we need       

Soft   soft  soft

• Like 1