GAMEDAY - Round 15

Just now, Bitter but optimistic said:

I am touring in a beast of uncertain origin named Maui 

Thats too bad... could have got you in at Berkeley River Lodge..... I'd have had to vouch for you though ;)

Lose today and don't deserve to play finals. Best of luck to Harry Petty on debut. I think our backline looks more balanced on paper and we should see Hibberd and Smith play more natural running roles. Still think we are one outside runner and one crumber short for my preferred set up but on a dry track it shouldn't be the difference today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Lose today and don't deserve to play finals. Best of luck to Harry Petty on debut. I think our backline looks more balanced on paper and we should see Hibberd and Smith play more natural running roles. Still think we are one outside runner and one crumber short for my preferred set up but on a dry track it shouldn't be the difference today.

Good summation. Pig needs to be running..releasing not ties up playing prison guard.

Be interested to see who actually plays where.  Today we can reboot (pi ) but will we be allowed.

Yeah the Aints ain't what they used to be...treat with contempt at your peril.

Dees will want to be 5 up at the first break.StK have NOTHING to lose...we do....and we can be quite good at that !!

Go Dees

• Like 4

A win, and preferably a big one, will see us secure for another week.  A loss, and it will be time to lock up the cutlery drawer.

Dees by a mile

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Is it just wrong that im going today just knowing we will win? 

But good to be back at the G and its going to be a nice day weather wise. Hope to see Hogan and Petracca bounce back and find form. 

Might be !!

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

However,I shall soldier on manfully and expect my spirits to be uplifted by the Dees dishing out a jolly good thrashing 

And hopefully they can then go out and best St. Kilda in a game of football too.

Nervous about the outcome today .

if they beat us at our own game we are doomed 

Although id be trying to run run run if I was the saints. 

Hopefully  we stand up have some meaningful inside fifty’s and get it done

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

Nearest to the pin - name your BOG and their stats today

BOG -  Jake Melksham

21 disposals, 5 goals, 6 tackles, 6 inside 50's

BOG- Brayshaw 

33 disposals. 2 goals, 12 tackles, 7 clearances.

9 minutes ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

Doing Dry July in support of the wife.

Demons will most likely test my resolve. Is it against the spirit to pay for a cheat day on the very first day? 

I tried a dry month during footy once....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skuit said:

Would be the biggest upset of the year if we lost. 

Wonder, just wonder, what are the umpires going to do to keep the Saints in the game - for an eventual victory, again at the MFC's expense. Just wouldn't put it past the umpires/AFL.

• Thanks 1

We are a much better team than the Saints, and our form isnt as bad as 2 losses from our last 2 games suggests. We have something to prove.

Us by 6 goals or more.

• Like 1

Just now, ding said:

We are a much better team than the Saints, and our form isnt as bad as 2 losses from our last 2 games suggests. We have something to prove.

Us by 6 goals or more.

until proven otherwise......that's EXACTLY our form...what is....IS

I am feeling better about today than I have all week. Don't know if that is good or bad. If we lose it will be probably our season ( statistically not though ) and the train to Belgrave is torture after a loss.

20 minutes ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

Doing Dry July in support of the wife.

Demons will most likely test my resolve. Is it against the spirit to pay for a cheat day on the very first day? 

why torment yourself,just do it anyway game days shouldnt count

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dl4e said:

I am feeling better about today than I have all week. Don't know if that is good or bad. If we lose it will be probably our season ( statistically not though ) and the train to Belgrave is torture after a loss.

win or lose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1