AFLX PREMIERS!!!

Demonland

the final comment sums up my feeling “it’s better than nothing”. Yeah, but not much.

i guess it’s encouraging the, saying they think we’ll find our way this year 

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Bugg was rubbish, if he is regularly grtting a game this year we are doomed.

Besides, Melksham’s move to the forward line has taken away any opportunity he may have had.

While I don’t rate Bugg, a bit harsh hanging him out to dry from an AFLX sideshow. From all reports he has trained his arse off to win back the respect of the playing group, lets give him the chance and hopefully if the coaches deem him worthy, he may prove us wrong.

• Like 6

I was more interested in individual performances, and almost everyone looked in good nick.

Melksham was fantastic.

Petracca and TMac looked good.

I still have a concern over Stretch's kicking action. He takes too long to "wind up" and get the ball onto his boot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassiew said:

the final comment sums up my feeling “it’s better than nothing”. Yeah, but not much.

LOL, look at those highlights.  I think nothing would have been better.  The AFL are the absolute worst at innovation.

16 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Hey we can wake up tomorrow and read about a Melbourne premiership win. I'll take it. 

Good article in the Hun but the Age didn’t report anything.

I remember when they released the VFL/AFL grand finals on VHS in 1996. Of course Dad looked and our HAD to be the only one not surviving (they later rediscovered 1965). When getting the catalogue, he couldn’t find the 1987 or 1989 night grand finals available either (although several other ones were). I would love to see those games again. On YouTube again, you can see the whole games of many, but of course not ours. Is it some conspiracy to keep us feeling down so that we’ll feel like our only way out is to merge/relocate? 

So what I’m saying, will this be available to buy? I can’t imagine it selling much, but it seems that AFV will do anything to stop us seeing our team succeed.

• Like 1

The Dee's did what they needed to do to win each game, I thought that all players contributed to the wins, Melksham exceptional on the night but the rest all looked sharp and involved. Gave me a buzz to win the Granny.

Go Dee's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Of course I claim all the credit for this great win.

Only a few days ago on the banks of the River Ganges channeling the sublime talents of my alter ego the great Diamond Jim, I conversed with the relevant deities and urged them to lift the curse of Norm Smith.

By way of a post script yesterday I sat beneath the tree where the Bhudda is said to have obtained wisdom in Bodh Gaya. I definitely heard the words.... "Hogan to Centre Half Forward".

Now onwards to Kolkata and its wonderful Hooghly River which I understand makes the Yarra look glacial blue by comparison.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

While I don’t rate Bugg, a bit harsh hanging him out to dry from an AFLX sideshow. From all reports he has trained his arse off to win back the respect of the playing group, lets give him the chance and hopefully if the coaches deem him worthy, he may prove us wrong.

He missed targets with time and space, and the targets had time and space, doesn’t look good for the real stuff. 

Buggy is the perfect player for us - he may only be pushing on the fringes of our best 22, but he's a super depth player to have on our list.  After his indiscretion last year it sounds as though he has done nothing but work hard over the summer to regain the respect and trust of the FD and the players.

It's easy to forget that he was in terrific form for us in the middle part of the year and I see no reason why he can't do that again this year.  If others have moved passed him then that's great, but when he does play you can be assured of a few goals and 100% effort all the time.  He's a handy player to have at the club.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Buggy is the perfect player for us - he may only be pushing on the fringes of our best 22, but he's a super depth player to have on our list.  After his indiscretion last year it sounds as though he has done nothing but work hard over the summer to regain the respect and trust of the FD and the players.

It's easy to forget that he was in terrific form for us in the middle part of the year and I see no reason why he can't do that again this year.  If others have moved passed him then that's great, but when he does play you can be assured of a few goals and 100% effort all the time.  He's a handy player to have at the club.

The gig problem wise is his kicking  is not AFL level standard. I did not see the games last night's but serveral have reported the poor kicking continued. Poor kicking costs games. Today I watched the tigers / giants game. Poor kicking cost GWS that game. I am not a fan.

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

The gig problem wise is his kicking  is not AFL level standard. I did not see the games last night's but serveral have reported the poor kicking continued. Poor kicking costs games. Today I watched the tigers / giants game. Poor kicking cost GWS that game. I am not a fan.

That's fine OD.  I wasn't trying to make him out to be a star or some sort of game changer, but I still think my point of him being a handy player to have on our list is fair.  His kicking can let him down but he has a knack for getting shots on goal (notice I didn't say he always kicked them!) and he can play that defensive forward role quite well with the odd stint through the middle.

Again, he isn't a game changer, but his efforts during the middle part of the year is an indication of what he can bring to the side.

• Like 2