2018 MFC fixture - 5 wishes

2018 is going to be huge. Can’t wait already. 

What fixtures we would like to see in 2018?

Five wishes only ... ok we will allow MFC v filth on QB as a free hit.  Here goes:

** MELBOURNE V Colling-filth on Queens Birthday Monday 

1-  Round 1 Demons v Crows at the MCG  

Lever to give it to Earwax Walker

2-  Two games v Kangas

Gotta bet them twice!!

3-  Two big 60,000+ Home games  

v Bombers on a Sat night at the G (round 3 or 4) and

v Tigers (Anzac Eve)

Moneyspinners And Big Game Atmosphere 

4- no back to back interstate games

Need to decent break

5- Two home Friday night games

The big stage is what we need. Maybe against Cats and Hawks.  

• Like 2

Just now, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

And no home games at Etihad!

You want to avoid the stadium where we played out best footy at?

I'd happily play a home game at Etihad if it means we'll play the style of footy that was on show in our great wins over St Kilda, Essendon and Bulldogs this year.

If we're going to keep dishing out the garbage and complacent  MCG efforts like we did against Freo, North and Collingwood, then I'm all for playing more games at Etihad.

• Like 8

Surely the top demand must be:

The Darwin game be scheduled immediately before the bye for both teams involved (and the same for Cairns games if they still exist).

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I just hope the appropriate feedback was given to the AFL regards our chunk of 6 day breaks and interstate games. It clearly had a negative impact on our fortunes this year through injury and fatigue.

Must avoid that next season.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

You want to avoid the stadium where we played out best footy at?

I'd happily play a home game at Etihad if it means we'll play the style of footy that was on show in our great wins over St Kilda, Essendon and Bulldogs this year.

If we're going to keep dishing out the garbage and complacent  MCG efforts like we did against Freo, North and Collingwood, then I'm all for playing more games at Etihad.

I can't see much point in winning lots of games at Etihad if we can't win at the MCG.

If the Grand Final was played at Etihad I might have a different view.

My top request is:

A bye the week after Rd 12 QB Monday v Pies and then a trip to either GC or Brisbane so that we can have a mid-season training camp in a warmer climate leading into that game - similar to the camp the Cats had this year. And if that doesn't come up, have the camp in Darwin leading into our fixture there - and please Dees spend the money on having virtually the whole list up there and work their butt off - local footy clinics with most players involved as well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

2018 is going to be huge. Can’t wait already. 

Just posting to see what fixtures we would like to see in 2018.

Five wishes only ... ok we will allow MFC v filth on QB as a free hit.  Here goes:

** MELBOURNE V Colling-filth on Queens Birthday Monday 

1-  Round 1 Demons v Crows at the MCG  

Lever to give it to Earwax Walker

2-  Two games v Kangas

Gotta bet them twice!!

3-  Two big 60,000+ Home games  

v Bombers on a Sat night at the G (round 3 or 4) and

v Tigers (Anzac Eve)

Moneyspinners And Big Game Atmosphere 

4- no back to back interstate games

Need to decent break

5- Two home Friday night games

The big stage is what we need. Maybe against Cats and Hawks.  

West Coast & GWS at the G please.

• Like 1

Time to start thinking of sponsors (or more importantly lack of them).

Unfortunately because they made the finals Essendon will take the Friday nights that we were so desperate to get for the purpose of sponsor exposure.

I would like us to get one of the Thursday night games in Adelaide for the purpose of TV exposure.

I would not be adverse to a Thursday night game at the Cattery if they have them again for TV exposure.

If we are going to play Alice Springs in the indigenous round we need to get the game on national television with strong local indigenous input. It is just so obvious.

Tasmanian afternoon games should be avoided if possible.

Darwin is a dead end and other than getting through it I am not sure we can improve it.

Finally I want an early season game against North so we can just beat them and move on !!

1.      No game at Skilled Stadium.  Last year was about the first in 20 that we didn’t have to go down to that hell hole

2.      No game in Hobart – though happy to play the Roos twice.  I might regret that request #18onthetrot!

3.      6 day breaks kept to the league average, rather than twice the average like it was last year.  I think we had 9 six day breaks which was well above the next highest of 6.

4.      Opening round blockbuster (happy if it’s the Pies)

5.      At least two Friday night games at the G.

There are of course a few other “nice to haves” (e.g. less interstate trips) but from both a playing and commercial perspective, the above would be ideal. When does the draw come out?

Three consecutive six-day breaks including a trip to Perth to negate any positive effects we may receive from our bye followed by a regional backwater tour taking in Darwin, Hobart and Canberra over the course of a month?

Too much to ask for? 

• Like 2

Isn't Eddie pushing for a round 1 clash against us?  Combining that game and the QB clash in a gate sharing arrangement was the pitch. 

That appeals as well as a home game against the Bombers immediately following the ANZAC eve clash.  The ANZAC eve fixture (our home game this time) against the Tigers will be a beauty too. 

If all that happens the club can fill their boots with 3 blockbuster home gate match-ups before the end of April (round 1 & QB to be a shared gate?)

Also,  we need to get on free-to-air more. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Big Carl said:

No game for MFC at Geelong in 2018.

When did Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton last play a game at Geelong??

Exactly. You wont see Richmond play there for a long time either even though they did this year. Melbourne and the dogs are Geelongs whippiing boy. St Kilda and North are their marital aids.

• Like 1