Jump to content

Macca

Life Member
  • Posts

    15,687
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    53

Everything posted by Macca

  1. This list (below) came out a couple of months ago but the panel of judges amounted to 218 pundits and experts Interesting that 11 of the top 54 are Manchester City players. In a world-wide sport, that is an incredible number Best 100 Football Players The Bookies have Man City as having a 53% chance of winning the title, 35% Liverpool and Arsenal 12% So the season definer is set down for next Monday morning (2.30am) - Liverpool vs Manchester City Highlights from the Manchester Derby (Including the Haaland miss from point blank range - he is human after all!)
  2. One of the great medleys ever, if not the best The Beatles left their best till last
  3. Macca

    NFL

    Regular Season Tipping Competition Year Winner Silver Bronze 2023 Dr.Gonzo DemonDave layzie Gorgoroth ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 2022 DeeSpencer Go the Biff layzie ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 Go the Biff Clintosaurus DemonDave JV7 layzie Gorgoroth -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2020 titan_uranus Gorgoroth Go the Biff Clintosaurus -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 JV7 Go the Biff Gorgoroth Macca Dee Zephyr Clintosaurus --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 DeeSpencer Clintosaurus Gorgoroth Dappa Dan Dee Zephyr Macca --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 Clintosaurus Go the Biff Dappa Dan --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2016 Gorgoroth cowboy_from_hell Clintosaurus DeeSpencer --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2015 Gorgoroth cowboy_from_hell Macca JV7 DeeSpencer --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 Dappa Dan DeeSpencer Gorgoroth --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2013 cowboy_from_hell pantaloons Gorgoroth Strafford Macca --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Post Season Tipping Competition Year Winner Silver Bronze 2023 Clintosaurus Gorgoroth BDA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 Go the Biff layzie JV7 Clintosaurus DeeSpencer Dee Zephyr ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 DemonDave Gorgoroth Clintosaurus Macca -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2020 Go the Biff Dee Zephyr Macca -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 DemonDave Go the Biff Macca Dee Zephyr Gorgoroth JV7 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 Gorgoroth Go the Biff DeeSpencer --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 Macca Clintosaurus Go the Biff JV7 Gorgoroth --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2016 Gorgoroth JV7 Clintosaurus Macca --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2015 JV7 cowboy_from_hell Gorgoroth Macca DeeSpencer --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 JV7 pantaloons Gorgoroth Go the Biff Macca --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2013 titan_uranus DemonDave cowboy_from_hell Macca --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Overall Medal Tally Gold Silver Bronze Gorgoroth 4 5 7 Go the Biff 4 5 2 Clintosaurus 4 3 4 ---------------------------------------------------- JV7 4 3 2 Macca 4 2 6 DeeSpencer 2 2 4 DemonDave 2 2 1 titan_uranus 2 0 0 cowboy_from_hell 1 3 1 Dee Zephyr 1 1 3  Dappa Dan 1 1 1 Strafford 1 0 0 Dr.Gonzo 1 0 0 pantaloons 0 2 0 layzie 0 1 3 BDA 0 0 1
  4. India demolish England in the 3rd test! They (India) have got a seemingly endless supply of class batsmen too They could go on and win the series 4-1 at this rate. 4th test starts Friday (24/2) And then next summer it's Australia vs India for 5 Tests in the battle of the heavyweights (although, to be fair, the Aussies just lost a test to an undermanned West Indies) Australia play the first of of 2 tests in New Zealand beginning 29th Feb. Might be a drawn series (1-1) as the Kiwi's always take it up to the Aussies
  5. Don't often back roughies but Rich Fortune can run into the money if it can handle the pressure of a G1 race. Been running excellent times at G3 & Listed level Flemington R8 No.6 Rich Fortune $150/$15
  6. Macca

    NFL

    Here's a few reactions from the SB
  7. Macca

    NFL

    Remember that year when we followed the Canadian league? haha My team was the Hamilton Tiger Cats and I reckon one of the originals here (Stafford) was the one who was keen on the league It was back when the Demons were really struggling and we needed more American Football (might gave been 2013?)
  8. Macca

    NFL

    Unless we get some not agreeing, your proposal for the regular season tipping comp is a goer! (2 out 3 for 1 point, 3 from 3, 3 points) And we can modify the bonus point weeks as well ... maybe not as many but maybe every 3rd or 4th week but I'd favour the last 2 weeks as well to keep everyone interested As well as that we could have a comp within the comp (last man standing) No one has to do anything different except making sure their first pick is their prime pick. And last man standing is just that, as people get knocked out, we'll be left with 1 Just for some added interest and it's easy to monitor 3 chances at Gold! Any feedback welcome
  9. Macca

    NFL

    Yep, a bit of luck and the 49ers win Would have been nice to see some fellow Demons taste some more success But hey, the Demons might come through for us in '24! And we have a winner in the Post Season Comp! @Clintosaurus has come from the clouds to get up and win from a fast finishing @Gorgoroth (2nd) and an unlucky @BDA in 3rd spot Equal 4th @Go the Biff & @JV7 More details later including the the honour roll but here's the final leaderboard Post Season Tipping Comp 27 - Clintosaurus 23 - Gorgoroth 22 - BDA 21 - Go the Biff, JV7 20 - Dee Zephyr 19 - Macca 18 - Demon Dave 14 - titan_uranus 9 - layzie 8 - DeeSpencer 3 - Dr.Gonzo n.b. Some of the participants weren't active for all of the playoff games To the victor go the spoils
  10. Macca

    NFL

    Great D by the 49ers there ... kept the Chiefs to 3
  11. Macca

    NFL

    Huge play that turnover And just like that the Chiefs hit the lead. Wow!! They haven't looked like it all game but that's the sport! Amazing
  12. Macca

    NFL

    Good drive by Mahomes but only the 3 points
  13. Macca

    NFL

    3 and out again! Defences well on top but will Mahomes finally show some magic on this drive?
  14. Macca

    NFL

    Half-decent field position for the 49ers after that Chiefs punt KC are going to have to hold them out again but even a 3 pointer for the Niners would be telling
  15. Macca

    NFL

    San Francisco should have put them away by now. The Chiefs have been awful
  16. Macca

    NFL

    It's been a defence dominated game. Mistake-riddled Was the total points over/under 52 points?
  17. Macca

    NFL

    Haha! You've gone early Gorg!
  18. Macca

    NFL

    Interception! Chiefs are just not switched on
  19. Macca

    NFL

    In terms of getting into the game and for their own confidence, the Chiefs need to score on this opening drive It's not the end if they don't but continuity plays a big part in this sport
  20. Macca

    NFL

    So it's a one score game at half time 10-3 in favour of San Francisco The 49ers might feel that they should be further ahead whilst the Chiefs must feel that they have got off lightly
  21. Well give us a rendition then, FD A bit of Usher? I'd like to see that haha
  22. Macca

    NFL

    Tremendous TD by the Niners And yeah, the Chiefs look lost and overwhelmed. No decisiveness and seemingly no poise or purpose Still, they are only 2 scores down and we know they are capable As you said, they need to score on this drive, at least a 3 pointer
  23. So what's this? The hate Taylor Swift thread? I reckon she's great, a terrific voice and good, catchy songs Remember 3AK with the 'No Wrinkly's haha
×
×
  • Create New...