How's everyone coping?

Mazer Rackham

Lots of sound and fury in the media atm.

Clarry, Bugg, Clarry again, ANB/Lewis/30 seconds, Cripps and his poor old leg, thuggery, unsociable, all kinds of stuff. Much most of it unfair or uninformed or just ignorant.

That guys and gals is the sound of RELEVANCE.

No one bothers to dish out this stuff to teams that win 2 games a year.

They do it to teams that have [censored] them off by beating their team.

Other sides put up with this sh!t all the time.

We have waited years for this.

Did we go through the last decade so we could keep being everyone's "second team"?

No one fears or respects sad sacks or "second teams".

This is the payoff, What the wait was for.

We don't need their approval, their sympathy, their anything.

Let them rage and fume. Fuggem.

Meanwhile we will keep winning, and then win some more. And then win some more just to rub it in.

GO DEMONS!

• Like 29

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Coping fine, cheers.

Who is the OP by the way?  I can never keep up when people change their usernames.

Just on this, I was was wondering if when you go into a users profile if it's possible for their previous usernames to be listed? 

And I'm coping fine thanks, thanks for asking. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

Pretty good yeah.  Pretty low key day at work, put it on the Mrs....no joy, just having a cuppa and about to pick up a book.

Edited by Stretch Johnson
  • Like 8

i have waited many years for us to be on top and so far thanks to PJ and co we now have an AFL football team, love Goody and on a side note what did every body think of Goody when Jon Ralph asked him about issues at the club; it gave me goose bumps.

So from this year so far things are on the up for now at least.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Lots of sound and fury in the media atm.

Clarry, Bugg, Clarry again, ANB/Lewis/30 seconds, Cripps and his poor old leg, thuggery, unsociable, all kinds of stuff. Much most of it unfair or uninformed or just ignorant.

That guys and gals is the sound of RELEVANCE.

No one bothers to dish out this stuff to teams that win 2 games a year.

They do it to teams that have [censored] them off by beating their team.

Other sides put up with this sh!t all the time.

We have waited years for this.

Did we go through the last decade so we could keep being everyone's "second team"?

No one fears or respects sad sacks or "second teams".

This is the payoff, What the wait was for.

We don't need their approval, their sympathy, their anything.

Let them rage and fume. Fuggem.

Meanwhile we will keep winning, and then win some more. And then win some more just to rub it in.

GO DEMONS!

you must have read my post last night.

Just quietly I think we may have the list, coach and admin that may just give us a genuine tilt.

Bad luck and and a couple of other little things are preventing the lid being blown off.

It might not have gone to script this year. Considering the missing and underdone personnel things are ok  The rapid development of a few players this year, some key recruits and some capable coaching could see us become very, very good.... and soon.

We could end up with the most powerful midfield and strongest defence in league when the list is healthy.

We need luck and leadership.

• Like 3

There's a constant ringing in my ears since the Watts goal on QB, my heart rate is slightly above average, my toes are still frozen from the Sydney game and for the first time ever in my life, I got off my seat against Carlton with 4 minutes to go and wandered underneath the Ponsford to hyperventilate and believe me, I wasn't the only one.

We are MELBOURNE!!!!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Coping fine, cheers.

Who is the OP by the way?  I can never keep up when people change their usernames.

Nah, he's always been called that. This is just the first of his 2000 odd posts that you've noticed.

(Ted Fidge)

• Like 8

I'm coping well thanks. I've been on the big footy sites of Wet Toast, Collingwood and Carlton, just to give them a bit of curry. It hasn't been received well, but I've enjoyed it. We've been copping it for years and I'll be damned if I won't give any back.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

I'm coping well thanks. I've been on the big footy sites of Wet Toast, Collingwood and Carlton, just to give them a bit of curry. It hasn't been received well, but I've enjoyed it. We've been copping it for years and I'll be damned if I won't give any back.

So you're Curry & Beer....

Wondered where he went 

;)

I don't care what any of these pundits says about us, as long as it's never ever 

" A soulless rabble, nothing more, nothing less"  never, ever again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also having the curious experience of noticing blokes seemingly play much better on the replay than during the match itself. At the MCG I thought ANB was ordinary until Sunday night on the replay when he popped up everywhere. Similarly, Cam Pedersen lifted his game from poor to ok come replay time. 

• Like 6

I'm amazed we are being talked about as a thug club by opposition supporters. Wasn't that long ago we were the bruise free footy club. Now we are thugs??

Rather be feared than ridiculed!!!

• Like 3

Well

I'm not coping

Sunday I couldn't listen to the last quarter. I went for a walk .... (seriously) ..... came back, ..and we'd won!!!

And now, the threat of finals 

...... For years I haven't had to worry about this.... Im outside my demon comfort zone 

And  I'm,... loving it!

• Like 6

I'm doing ok, I go to the football expecting to win, not hoping that we can keep the loss to under 6 goals. I have faith that the players and coach will provide us with their best every week . 

I enjoy watching the younger players develop and can't wait to see the best of the younger brigade, there is a huge upside to the young talent at the club.

But most importantly, i enjoy going to the football again, 

• Like 2

One of those Monday Night chat shows, a panelist gave us an interesting compliment.  He said something about the proof that Melbourne is relevant again is that they are talking about us on these shows.  What they are saying isn't as important as the fact that they are saying it about US. 

As you say Mazer, once upon a time, not all that long ago, our players could do anything and barely rate a mention.  Now a youngster mouths off to an unwashed Carlton supporter and it's a headline.  People are talking...

Im struggling. 

On one hand I'm bullish. But I fully expect it to all come crashing down. 

Im not ready to deal with being successful yet: I don't want to gloat but people either say "how about those dees ey?", which is hard not to respond by talking them up out they whinge about how we didn't deserve it due to umpiring etc. which makes me want to respond.

I had resorted to talking up underrated players as having potential but everyone knows about Hunt now and Oliver is hated more than anyone. 

Now I'm resigned to copping it and Im just holding on, hoping we keep robbing so I can start dishing it back.