GAME DAY - Round 12

Josh

Early start again, 4.5 hours at work and it's on. 

Gawn to show why you can't just come over here and start playing footy like it ain't no thang, put em to the sword.

Go Dees

• Like 1

I'm too honest of a person and decided to go to work. I'll be home around half time but I'll be recording the game to watch from the start. Please hold off on posting any scores, updates or general comments during the game. Regards, Ethan. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 14

Aah Queensland..... will be at work till 6. #Stupidfrickennopublicholidayhere...

Then again probably won't be complaining in October or whenever it is that Queen's B'day is celebrated here. Will have it on the waiting room TV (and maybe projector screen in staff room as well!) 

Hi Ho Hi Ho off to work I go. 

Go Dee's

• Like 1

Up at 7:30 here in Melbourne on holidays with the family. My 8 year old is booked into the pre game clinic for a kick on the MCG. Our first time to the ground. Can't wait but a bit nervous about the game.

• Like 11

Up n about with my one year old girls. I've put on their little hand knitted red and blue scarves and we're playing 'bash the magpie' with one of their toys. It's actually a butcher bird, but whatever. 

• Like 11

If we are to move forward as a football club these are the games we must win. An undermanned side on the ropes, just like round 4 we need to come out and be 5 goals up at quarter time. Looking at their forward line and the players they have out I don't see how we don't win this game but something inside me is worried... Maybe it's not winning on QB since 2007.. God I hope I am wrong

Edited by JV7
  • Like 2

Is it me or is it that finals type feeling waking up this morning?

The huge build up, knowing theres a chance to have 70k at the ground and also the fact that both sides are just about 50/50 going into this game.

It's Collingwood's big GF for the year... didn't  ya know :rolleyes:

Just another game at the G for US :P

• Like 7

This needs to be the year we have wins against teams we have won against early in the season . 

Make it real boys - reckon we will .  Ill probably have a drink or three at the game today for the first time this year ( drinks )  

• Like 1

I know he towelled them up in 4 round with 4 goals but wouldn't it be good to see Watts 7 years on from his debut on QB come out and tear them a new one... On the big stage and show the footballing world he is a good footballer.. 

• Like 4

Great Emma Quayle article on the development of Jack W.http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-collingwoods-view-of-the-day-melbourne-debutant-jack-watts-was-monstered-by-magpies-20160609-gpfrjc.html

One of the more interesting reflections on Jack's debut game is from Russell Robertson: "It was up to the boys that day to make sure he was protected, and look after him, and assimilate him into the team. And I'm not sure we looked after him very well." Can't help but think Jack's debut would have been different if Neitz was still there.

But that is history and Jack has come a long way.  Again to quote Robbo:  "Some weeks it's almost like, God, he's so good to watch," he said. "He does all the little things that make you think, I'm glad I got to come along today and watch Jack play...There's the little hangers he takes; he turns blokes inside out; his kicking has been brilliant; he kicks nice goals; he's always thinking those two or three seconds ahead of the game...He's a beautiful player to watch when he's flourishing, and the boys are getting the ball to him so much more now. They're saying: 'There you go Jack, do your thing', and it's a really nice thing to see."

Hope Jack is BOG today!

Also hope we win so our DL  'Nasher' can he see his first live Demons victory!

• Like 10

My boy is in a dilemma - does he wear his #9 Guernsey or his #1 Guernsey to the game today (I think it's easy, but have better memories of trenners). Really looking forward to this. It will be easy to have a kick at half time with the whole car park empty!

• Like 1

Do it for Nasher redleggers!

My dees mate reckons im crazy but i am super confident we'll win this one. In fact i predict a 40 point plus win.

We match up supwr well against the pies, primarily  because i don't think they have worked out their zone defense, which  they need to to combat our high press game.

• Like 4

Collingwood by 27.

Dees fans to say "stick a fork in us"

MFC player to state to media " we are really disappointed that we didnt come to play"

Roos to state "Look, we didnt get blown away like we used to"

Anyone at all from mfc to state "we get to bounce back next week and we will be preparing for their best"

Guess what im trying to say is that some of our habits are totally predictable. This is a game that we SHOULD win comfortably, but supporters will probably be split 50/50 as the trust in our team simply isnt there yet after so many false dawns.

Time to do the job Dees. 

Signed

Glass half empty.

Been up since first light. Camping with a friend and our four year old boys at Mt Franklin/Lalgambook near Daylesford. Cosy in our sleeping bags last night, pancakes on the fire with coffee this morning. Just checked into DL to get a feel for the game. Loved the comment that thus is the Pies grand final, for us just another game at the G- it's been a long time to see the tables turned.  Will head home to see the game on tv this arvo. We really ought to win today, but must bring maximum effort. I am still a bit reluctant to fully believe. I so want to ... GO DEES

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ding said:

Glass half empty.

Suggest you find a decent bottle of fav plonk and top up.

Dees by 50

• Like 3