Making way - The list enigma going forward

beelzebub

How many will go  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predict some more wholesale changes! And some very aggresive trades

IMV In the gun

DAWES

TERLICH

TRENGOVE

MICHIE

NEWTON

One of either DUNN and or GARLAND

JKH

Edited by picket fence

On 19 May 2016 at 3:05 PM, Fifty-5 said:

I don't think it's 100% certain that Watts will be at the club next year, he has been much improved this year and I think he's value but he's RFA and there's a lot of season to play out.  If Dawes can get fit then he's clearly the option there, they are very different players but they can fill a similar forward role.

Better news, it seems, today re #4

Dawes, to me, is not the option and may be sliding towards the outer   I hope Hulett gets a look in for a few games to test his worth or at least potential  Already a huge unit so physically ready for AFL  

On 20 May 2016 at 1:38 PM, Abe said:

I think the club will be desperate to recruit a big name player this year, something we haven't been able to do for a long while.

On 20 May 2016 at 2:01 PM, ManDee said:

Chris Dawes, Mitch Clark?

Unfortunately both with chronic / recurring injuries, one with a great attitude and application and the other with absolutely no idea of loyalty. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

As at 12 July, my end of year prognosis is:

Delist- Terlich, Dawes, Newton, Michie (r) Max King (r).  Dawes delisting frees up plenty of cash in the cap.

Draft picks pre trade dealing: 28, 46, 64 (use 64 to upgrade Mitch White). Wagner to stay a rookie for 2017. 

Contractual arrangements mean JKH, Dunn and Garland stay on. 

Question mark over Lamumba. 

National draft Pick # 28 & # 46, rookie draft  #9 & # 27. 

With Melksham in for 2017, the signs are very good.

I agree with your comments most people on here calling for Dunn and garland to be chopped don't look ath the fact that they are contracted for 2017, I know they can be paid out, but this is costly and won't work, as both provide valuable back up as you have said.

We're out of the first round of the draft, have an astonishingly young list, including our best 22, nevermind the fringe or developing players.

Lots to find out about a lot of our players, before we can know what priorities we need to set.

Also, the more we develop and progress 'naturally', the cheaper imported players become. So I'm not convinced that now is the time to go for big expensive targets.

Expecting a relatively quiet trade period - delist or courtesy-trade out a few that aren't progressing to AFL level, drop one or two older players that aren't pushing 22. Use our late picks to collect somewhat speculative role-players who wont take up salary cap space.

Depending on how the AFL's latest round of knee-jerk non-consultative efforts go on the Academy picks, we might be smart enough to get one high draft pick from a collection of later ones gained from the courtesy trades. One high, three or four low, ideal drafting structure for us at the moment, I'd say.

• Like 3

Throwing a cat amongst the pigeons (or demons), but we are in the need for a forward / ruck and that Mitch Clark fellow seems to be on the outer at Geelong. Wont cost a lot to bring in....  He is really what we are missing down forward. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

We're out of the first round of the draft, have an astonishingly young list, including our best 22, nevermind the fringe or developing players.

Lots to find out about a lot of our players, before we can know what priorities we need to set.

Also, the more we develop and progress 'naturally', the cheaper imported players become. So I'm not convinced that now is the time to go for big expensive targets.

Expecting a relatively quiet trade period - delist or courtesy-trade out a few that aren't progressing to AFL level, drop one or two older players that aren't pushing 22. Use our late picks to collect somewhat speculative role-players who wont take up salary cap space.

Depending on how the AFL's latest round of knee-jerk non-consultative efforts go on the Academy picks, we might be smart enough to get one high draft pick from a collection of later ones gained from the courtesy trades. One high, three or four low, ideal drafting structure for us at the moment, I'd say.

That's all very good, but what do we give for Hibberd, who everybody on here is salivating over, if he decided he wants to move? Are we hoping he goes down the breach of contract with Essendon and walks for free

51 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

....Hibberd..... Are we hoping he goes down the breach of contract with Essendon and walks for free

Can that even happen? I thought the time period for this to happen had expired a while back, but it keeps popping up on D'Land and other forums.

Linkage please if you have it :)

On 7/12/2016 at 10:25 PM, Winter Dan said:

I there a minimum requirement to use 3 picks in the National Draft? Think I read that somewhere.

Yes, you have to use a minimum of 3 picks but that can include upgrading rookies rather than picking up another player.

On 7/14/2016 at 8:37 PM, boydie said:

Yes, you have to use a minimum of 3 picks but that can include upgrading rookies rather than picking up another player.

I suspect Wagner will definitely be getting upgraded, i reckon Trengove will be delisted and rookied.

3 hours ago, Dee-licious said:

Throwing a cat amongst the pigeons (or demons), but we are in the need for a forward / ruck and that Mitch Clark fellow seems to be on the outer at Geelong. Wont cost a lot to bring in....  He is really what we are missing down forward. 

Even I don't think that's funny.

12 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

That's all very good, but what do we give for Hibberd, who everybody on here is salivating over, if he decided he wants to move? Are we hoping he goes down the breach of contract with Essendon and walks for free

The fact you feel the need to ask that question makes faultys' brain hurt....

• Like 1

On 18 May 2016 at 4:57 PM, beelzebub said:

On a good day ( and fit ) I like what he brings. He has a bit of flair, knows where the sticks are etc. I just wonder if he already been trumped ( sts ) ?

Its starting to get a crowded in the forward arc. If we take Hogan and Watts as given. If we suggest Kent and Garlett also then there are two possies. One must be for that 2nd Tall imho. Leaving one.  Until he builds a tank it has to be the Truck surely..Where does Harris get to slip in ? Thats the rub

That good day or two in front of goal are now becoming very faded distant memories of what was a flicker of faint potential BZ.

Not sure he is up to the contest or the heat at VFL level let alone the next leg up. The game is almost beyond having a pure receiver on the park unless he kicks 2/3 a week fairly consistently aka Jeffy and even he is up and down lately.

16 hours ago, Abe said:

I suspect Wagner will definitely be getting upgraded, i reckon Trengove will be delisted and rookied.

I'm not sure about that. It's not that he doesn't deserve it, but keeping him on the rookie list provides greater flexibility for recruitment and trading. As I understand it, Wagner has no choice. If the club chooses to offer him a contract as a rookie, he has no option but to accept it or take his chances in the draft which could see him go anywhere (or not be drafted at all, an unlikely scenario I would think.)

It's one of the reasons why I support rpfc and agree that the rookie list should be abolished and lists extended by 4-6 spots. It unfairly classifies players chosen as rookies as second-class citizens.

• Like 1

Terlich, Newton, Michie, Max King, Grimes i think are all a lock to be off the list at years end.

Big question marks over Dawes, Pedersen, Matt Jones. I expect some will go, some will stay.

Dunn, Garland, JKH could be traded out on the cheap and Neal-Bullen trade bait.

Unknown is Lumumba and how he feels about his body/future.

4 hours ago, mauriesy said:

No way would you get rid of Spencer if he wasn't contracted. We'd have no backup to Gawn whatsoever.

The only reason he signed a one year extension is incase we land nobody else over next off-season.

It was an insurance extension. Nothing else.

Max needs help and Spencer is not the man.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:38 PM, Forest Demon said:

Not saying I agree, but I think one of Garland and Dunn will be left out of the team from mid way through the season and won't get a look in for the rest of the year, and then be delisted at year's end. In the same way Jamar was last year. I get the feeling it might be Dunn.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:40 PM, Forest Demon said:

Potentially Grimes could be in the same boat as above also.

And although he is carving it up in the VFL, if Ben Newton gets a couple of games and doesn't impress, he could be in danger also (I am assuming he is out of contract at year's end, but could be wrong).

Interesting posts in hindsight....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

Interesting posts in hindsight....

I was rightly put in my place re Garland's contract situation, but all of the others are definitely in danger.

Another interesting one will be Trenners. 

• Like 1

On 12 July 2016 at 10:40 PM, picket fence said:

I predict some more wholesale changes! And some very aggresive trades

IMV In the gun

DAWES

TERLICH

TRENGOVE

MICHIE

NEWTON

One of either DUNN and or GARLAND

JKH

I can't see us dropping more than 3 players... 

Michie (r)

newton

terlich

We use the first 2 picks in the draft and the last pick to upgrade white.

cant see Dawes delisted especially if we renegotiate on a lower salary. Grimes might save his career in the last 6 weeks or be trade bait. 

Dunn, garland and JKH are all contract.

we haven't stuck with trengove all these years to boot him out as soon as he gets better. He will get another chance.

pederson might be unlucky if the club believes he has no future.

might be the quietest trade period the club has had in a while.